PDA

View Full Version : a worried fortetecher

mooonbow
Nov 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
im not sure if this has been discussed before or not but im alittle new to the forums not new to the game i have a lvl 100 cast fortegunner and a lvl 100 newman fortetecher also a lvl 53 gun techer so my worries are for my fortetecher beening a fortetecher pre-AoI i found myself being used for buffing healing only i didnt get to many hits in with my spells and they suffered for it till i went out and power lvled every spell in the game i have ever spell besides lighting spells at 21 or higher and was really looking forward to AoI coming out cuz all that hard work on lvling my spells would pay off now i sit back and read the info about AoI and see that AT get lvl 40 supports and FT only get lvl 30 supports my arugument is that with alot of people going to AT this would leave the FT class obsolet being the fact that everyone wants a FT for healing and buffs now its the AT job to heal and buff now i know that when theres no AT around ill have no problems finding a party but when a lvl 100+AT with lvl 40 supprts is around they would be choosen before me so is the FT class going to be obsolet?

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 02:31 PM
No it is not.

Anduril
Nov 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ummmm.....Ever heard of periods and commas?
But if you only use Fortetecher as support, then Yes, it will be an obselete class for you. But for others who assert themselves to attack, Fortetechers will be more of an attack oriented type than before. I for one am sticking with it.

Rizen
Nov 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
Personally, I think everyone should get out of the mindset that a class is obsolete.

I really don't see someone kicking a fT because they can "possibly find an AT". If you are kicked because you are an fT, then you shouldn't bother with that party or that person at all.

All in all, just play the class you enjoy most, find some friends to party with, and enjoy the game!

Skuda
Nov 15, 2007, 02:37 PM
For future reference, people will be able to help you more easily if you use more than one piece of punctuation for a paragraph. It makes it very difficult for the reader, and they will often give up before finishing. Thus, not being able to help you out.

Now, on topic: I don't really see this as being too much of a problem. the extra 10 levels of support shouldn't be significant enough to be denied party access. It looks to me that FT will generally become the nukers of PSU, but that doesn't mean their support techs are obsolete. I'm sure FT will get a huge boost in TP with higher job levels.

(Also, I do believe that is THE largest run-on sentance/question I have ever seen. It's simply dumbfounding.)

mooonbow
Nov 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
no i never heard of.....or,,,,,,,but. i, am. glad, that. the, F.T. class, will. be, more. attack, orentaited. since, i. did, all. that, power. lvling, with. my, spells. and, ill. never, touch. the, A.T. class,

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 02:40 PM
They get a TP boost in general due to the stat rebalance, in addition to the boosts from levels 11-15.

mll
Nov 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
theres a thread in the gameplay, guides and walkthroughs board thats 19 pages long.
Its called 'are fortechers useless now'.
It'll tell you everything you need to know many times over.
But in answer to your question, no.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 02:42 PM
Except for the fact that our overall damage won't go up that much because of the elemental percent modifications.

(Protip: All elemental spells have a hidden elemental percent to them.)

Trinitaria
Nov 15, 2007, 02:43 PM
Not to be rude, but can I just copy and paste every single post made on this very same question that just keeps coming up ? It is getting a little out of hand now, and it almost, always bring flames.

How many times do we honestly have to repeat it ? No, people will still play techers, it is not a useless class.

Please, please let this one thread sink to the bottom of PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ThEoRy
Nov 15, 2007, 03:20 PM
in before flames and locks!!

EvilSlacker
Nov 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
rods are neato and lvl 31 techs are pretty. In a game where style > substance you should have no worries. Honestly, I am amazed at what people worry about...

RemiusTA
Nov 15, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:30, mooonbow wrote:
im not sure if this has been discussed before or not but im alittle new to the forums not new to the game i have a lvl 100 cast fortegunner and a lvl 100 newman fortetecher also a lvl 53 gun techer so my worries are for my fortetecher beening a fortetecher pre-AoI i found myself being used for buffing healing only i didnt get to many hits in with my spells and they suffered for it till i went out and power lvled every spell in the game i have ever spell besides lighting spells at 21 or higher and was really looking forward to AoI coming out cuz all that hard work on lvling my spells would pay off now i sit back and read the info about AoI and see that AT get lvl 40 supports and FT only get lvl 30 supports my arugument is that with alot of people going to AT this would leave the FT class obsolet being the fact that everyone wants a FT for healing and buffs now its the AT job to heal and buff now i know that when theres no AT around ill have no problems finding a party but when a lvl 100+AT with lvl 40 supprts is around they would be choosen before me so is the FT class going to be obsolet?

BREATH MAN, BREATH!

Esufer
Nov 15, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:38, mooonbow wrote:
no i never heard of.....or,,,,,,,but. i, am. glad, that. the, F.T. class, will. be, more. attack, orentaited. since, i. did, all. that, power. lvling, with. my, spells. and, ill. never, touch. the, A.T. class,

Super-smart idea to use sarcasm when a moderator make a helpful suggestion to help you out.

A+++

Dragwind
Nov 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
Wow...I think that's the biggest run on sentence I've ever read on record.

For the record, FT WILL NOT BE OBSOLETE.

What is this obsolete junk people keep talking about? There's a simple/small nerf and everyone freaks out that suddenly another class isn't worth it.

Golto
Nov 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
Lvl 31+ buffs only give 5% more than lvl 21-30. Some people are acting like it is 50% more.

Broodstar1337
Nov 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yes. Yes it will.