PDA

View Full Version : Nas or JayZ...

MaJin
Jan 4, 2003, 06:51 PM
Nothing to do so i make up a post for fun...

watashiwa
Jan 4, 2003, 07:23 PM
Jay Z > Nas.

Nas is boring and his rapping style sucks. Although I don't listen to rap that much, Jay Z has a couple of good songs that I enjoy listening to.

Ness
Jan 4, 2003, 07:48 PM
What the hell? Who are these people and why am I haveing the funniset feeling of Deja Vu?

Subliminalgroove
Jan 4, 2003, 08:06 PM
Ummmm... how about neither. They both bite. HARD!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pixelate
Jan 4, 2003, 08:13 PM
Can't remember the name of the style, but Jay Z used to go really, really fast. That's the ony thing he did I could stand.

Phobos-X
Jan 4, 2003, 10:30 PM
On 2003-01-04 16:23, watashiwa wrote:
Jay Z > Nas.

Nas is boring and his rapping style sucks. Although I don't listen to rap that much, Jay Z has a couple of good songs that I enjoy listening to.

have you tried pickin up Nas's Lost Tapes or God's Son? i too used to rock Jay-z over Nas, until i heard them down my friends house a month ago

Guile
Jan 5, 2003, 02:24 AM
I like Thugz Masion more, but mainly cuz of Pac

Like Nas's old stuff
Jay-Z is good

They about even with me

Mazarin
Jan 5, 2003, 02:48 AM
Jay-Z is much better.

But Mystikal and Ludachris are awesome. They're not rappers, they're comedians! They're great! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

X-thirteen
Jan 5, 2003, 03:54 AM
they both suck.

Whatley
Jan 5, 2003, 04:26 AM
On 2003-01-04 17:06, Subliminalgroove wrote:
Ummmm... how about neither. They both bite. HARD!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I agree

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Guntz348
Jan 5, 2003, 04:29 AM
yo fuck jay-z old nas rules, new nas isnt that good. But Jay-Z is like radio friendly pop rap. gimme somethin off it was written any day.

LostHero
Jan 5, 2003, 10:54 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LostHero on 2003-01-10 14:09 ]</font>

Meteor
Jan 5, 2003, 02:31 PM
A one-hot-album-every-ten-year average?

That's so laaaaaaaaaame.

EVILAdam
Jan 5, 2003, 07:02 PM
Neither...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 5, 2003, 07:56 PM
Nas. Not saying I'm not giving him his props, but Jay-Z just....ugh. Thugz Mansion is hella good, and Bonnie 03 is OK, but I'm just not feelin it.

Vitamin_D
Jan 5, 2003, 10:54 PM
I think Nas' songs have better lyrics, and that's about it.

Blenjar
Jan 5, 2003, 11:03 PM
I go with jayZ...I dunno nas...I know him but forgot his musics...I don't remember peoples name in music, I listen to there music.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jan 5, 2003, 11:14 PM
dog.... They are talking about rap on a pso site.., lmao.
*gets over initial shock*

Ok, i'm gonna say this, Old nazz was ill.....new naz.... a few songs i'm feelin' but he needs to stop talking about damn africa, esepically since his ass hasn't been there. Second.., jay z is some commercial garbage. I don't give a brown shyt about His crew with Beanie and Bleek, and all those other fake-me-out thugs, but style wise, Its not even really comming down to that. Its lycical content, subject matter....Jay-z=garbage, current naz=...getting there. Cannibus would still rip both of them a new ass hole. Let alone several underground hip hop artists that arn't on that commercial BS. Two words, Ruckus Records. Nuff said, its over, Nas wins by Technicality, but until nas goes back to the way he used to be..., then he'll forever remain luke warm, while jay-z's Mecgilla grorilla lookin' ass needs to get found and put in the damn zoo. mah ten cents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ninpo_Tamashii on 2003-01-05 20:15 ]</font>

eRUPT
Jan 5, 2003, 11:32 PM
On 2003-01-05 20:14, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

Ok, i'm gonna say this, Old nazz was ill.....new naz.... a few songs i'm feelin' but he needs to stop talking about damn africa, esepically since his ass hasn't been there. Second.., jay z is some commercial garbage. I don't give a brown shyt about His crew with Beanie and Bleek, and all those other fake-me-out thugs, but style wise, Its not even really comming down to that. Its lycical content, subject matter....Jay-z=garbage, current naz=...getting there. Cannibus would still rip both of them a new ass hole. Let alone several underground hip hop artists that arn't on that commercial BS. Two words, Ruckus Records. Nuff said, its over, Nas wins by Technicality, but until nas goes back to the way he used to be..., then he'll forever remain luke warm, while jay-z's Mecgilla grorilla lookin' ass needs to get found and put in the damn zoo. mah ten cents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ninpo_Tamashii on 2003-01-05 20:15 ]</font>

I agree about canabis, though rawkus is about over now they have actually already gone down the wrong road which is a shame. I personnally am going more for Def Jux albums now in place of what rawkus used to be for me. Still have all the first rawkus albums, which includes Funcrusher plus in my cd player right now(Probably one of my favorites of all time). Oh well it happens but they did spark the foundation for many to get out there so it wasn't in vein.

Look for cannibal ox, aesop rock, and other such to be more of the leading in underground. heh oh well though look at me I still listen to the first Nonce album.

X-thirteen
Jan 6, 2003, 12:58 AM
On 2003-01-05 20:14, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

i like the way you put that.

and yes, the underground is a lot better than either of them... last emperor, swollen members, hieroglyphics, people under the stairs, .... the list goes on...

BlaizeBABY
Jan 6, 2003, 05:09 AM
i disagree. mortal combat is the best game ever created. donkey kong sucks

i would have to pick eminem out of the 2. i am a DIE HARD eminem fan, and despite the steriotyping of eminem fans, i dont think i am a hardass.

jay z is better than nas. only because nas is a huge piece of garbage and a waste of oxygen. the guy sucks at singing and when i am in the car with ppl i dont like at all, it always seems they agree that nas is somehow SO awesome. jay z sucks. i like rap that has meaning. nas thinks he has meaning, but god just put him hear so he could have some comic relief while up there

haterade
Jan 6, 2003, 06:06 AM
Finally, a hiphop head's opinion:

Jay-Z ripped Nas on the Takeover, bottom line. Jay-Z's new album is pretty damn good. Screw Bonnie & Clyde, listen to The Watcher 2. Nas' new album is also very good, and not what I expected from him. He f00ked up hard after "It was written", and I never thought he'd get it back... "Ether" was the shit too...

As for Canabis, he lost his touch ever since he came out with his first album. 2nd Round Knockout was VERY nice, but the album sucked. All he does is combine a lot of large words in his flow... if you look behind all of that, he really says nothing much...

Rawkus Records: All they got over there now is Mad Skillz. He's NICE. That's it. Oh, and about Swollen Members...uggggh... I can't believe you Americans LIKE them! Many people hate them here in Canada. Lyrical garbage...uggggh... with that pale fake ass Nate Dogg wannabe Moka...bleh...

And Eminem: The suburban white boys' dream friend. The reason why many white kids nowadays listen to hiphop, TRY to rap, and get slapped around for thinking they're badass... Don't get me wrong, Em can spit quite nicely (check "Nail in the coffin", "Realest Label"), but shit, color is a HUGE reason for his sales, not lyrical content. How many times can you diss your moms? Really, if he was black, he wouldn't have half as many sales.

And, that, my friends, is that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BlaizeBABY
Jan 6, 2003, 07:00 AM
And Eminem: The suburban white boys' dream friend. The reason why many white kids nowadays listen to hiphop, TRY to rap, and get slapped around for thinking they're badass... Don't get me wrong, Em can spit quite nicely (check "Nail in the coffin", "Realest Label"), but shit, color is a HUGE reason for his sales, not lyrical content. How many times can you diss your moms? Really, if he was black, he wouldn't have half as many sales.

lol, haterage, i agree with u fully. eminem wouldnt be where he is if he was black. but i dont like eminem's new shit... at all. see, i dont like the new eminem. i HATED the "eminem show", mostly because theres no controversy behind it at all. i liked eminem and his second cd, "slim shady lp." everything about eminem has changed, his style and everything. i d/l his freestyles, and i think "nail in the coffin" is off of the shady records mix tape and is about his diss w/ benzino n all that shit. but dont get that image of me as one of those white trash kids who dress like a wannabe thug and think they are hardasses. most of these kids all live in taylor anyway where i live, and they all are trailorpark garbage anyway. just because i'm a fan of his music doesnt mean i'm going to act like him, haterade. and in all honesty, i like eminem less every time i hear about more people liking him. i have been a fan of eminem's music long before he was overexposed or anything. i mean i know what your saying, but the one thing in life i cant stand is being judged, and dont think i like all rap and hip hop either, its mostly just eminem and his lil group like obie and 50 cent and royce da 5'9 n shit. lol, i like alot of music, but i know what u mean... lots of kids think that because eminem is white, they can relate. well my grammy is black, lol, so im kind of an oreo, figuratively speaking, or at least 2/3s white, lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

BlaizeBABY
Jan 6, 2003, 07:06 AM
On 2003-01-06 03:06, haterade wrote:
Finally, a hiphop head's opinion:

Screw Bonnie & Clyde, listen to The Watcher 2.

o shit dude i agree, that song IS tight, and i'm sorry if it offends u that we like the same song, lol

i suggest u lay lo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jan 6, 2003, 03:01 PM
Cannibus's first album sucked, cus wycleff did the beats. Cannibus was so pissed that he went and "called 911" just like his azz asked, and came out with 2000 BC, which is still ill to this day. Cannibus is all lyrical talent, he has no marketing skills, and no decent connections, so he doesn't get paid. In better words, "he doesn't understand the game" or he doesn't play it very well. Had he been witht eh right people, at the right time, with the right lable, and not had such a bad 1st album "basically due to his beats...." then he'd be a lot better off than he is now. And i know very few rappers that could seriously beat cannibus "off of the top" if you know what i mean. And if this man has time to sit down and write...then its really over. I still say its over if his ass goes to def row like he was GOING TO. O.o()

CADILLAC
Jan 6, 2003, 09:38 PM
WHO???? OH YOU MEAN THEM 2 PAC WANNA BE'S. SEEM THEY CANT GET THEIR STYLES RIGHT. AND WHAT IS THIS WITH ALL PACS ENEMIES ACTING LIKE THERE WAS NEVER A BEEF? REMEMBER 'FUCK JAY Z' AND 'NAS SEEING TOO MANY MOVIES'? WHY ARE THEY REMAKING SONGS(GARBAGLY) AND DOING VOICE OVERS ON OLD SONGS WITH HIM(NAS DOES NOTHING FOR 'THUG MANSION') I USED TO BE A 2PAC FAN BUT ITS PEOPLE LIKE THESE TWO GAYBLADES THAT MAKE IT HARDS TO APPRECIATE MR. SHAKUR, IT SEEMS THAT THEY GOT HARD ONS EVERYTIME HE CUT ONE OF THEY ASSES UP. NOW ITS ME AND PAC THIS AND ME AND PAC THAT, PUNKS YOU NEVER THE GUY.
AND AS FOR EMENEIM, NOTHING WRONG WITH THE BOY. IM NOT INTO HIS MUSIC AMD DONT OWN ANY OF HIS ALBUMS, BUT HAVE HEARD HIS MOUTHPIECE AND HE DOES HAVE MORE SKILLS THAN THESE TWO FRUITS. LET HIM STAY PAID LIKE NELLY WEAK ASS. DONT LIKE NELLY BUT HE PAID AND I CANT HELP IT. SLIM SHADY PAID AND NO ONE CAN STOP IT. HELL THESE FOOLS IS PAID AND I CANT STOP IT (BUT THEY SUCK DICK BOTTOM LINE). MAYBE ITS CUS IM A SOUTHERN BOY WHO KNOW NOTHING BETTER THAN PIMIN HOES AND ROBBIN FOOLS, THAT I DONT SEE THE 'TRUE TALENT' OF THESE QUEERS, BUT ALL I KNOW IS THEY ARE PART OF THE MANY RAPPERS WHO KILLED MY INTEREST IN TUPAC.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jan 7, 2003, 06:04 PM
Nelly is some trash too, how the fuck u make a song about air force 1's. I need to make a Freakin' topic on Sorry ass'd rappers. But it'd be whole gang of people messaging talking about "why you gotta be hatin' on them just cus they paid" I dunno.., i guess seeing how most of the population in the united states is stupid, they like stupid shyt, and it takes stupid people to make stupid shyt. That speaks for itself on many levels besides rap..., just spend 15 minutes on Ship Vega and you'll see what i mean. -shakes my head-

CADILLAC
Jan 7, 2003, 07:29 PM
On 2003-01-07 15:04, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
Nelly is some trash too, how the fuck u make a song about air force 1's. I need to make a Freakin' topic on Sorry ass'd rappers. But it'd be whole gang of people messaging talking about "why you gotta be hatin' on them just cus they paid" I dunno.., i guess seeing how most of the population in the united states is stupid, they like stupid shyt, and it takes stupid people to make stupid shyt. That speaks for itself on many levels besides rap..., just spend 15 minutes on Ship Vega and you'll see what i mean. -shakes my head-

YEA STUPID SHIT SELLS BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO GIVE THESE GUYS RECORD DEALS MEANS SOMEBODY STUPID ENOUGH TO BUY THEIR ALBUMS...BUT UNTIL 'FREESTYLE PIMP' HITS RECORD SHELVES THE WORLD WILL HAVE TO WAIT

Lo_Nek
Jan 7, 2003, 10:12 PM
I personally like Nas more, I like his lyrics and his style, Jay-Z is a little to mtv-pop person to me, as for bonnie and clyde I think its whack, 2pac's was way better. Check out 2pac's new CD. Its pretty tite

X-thirteen
Jan 7, 2003, 10:41 PM
typing in all caps makes your penis bigger!