PDA

View Full Version : Sega should make PSO for PC

gryphon410
Feb 14, 2001, 05:33 PM
Who else agrees that Sega should make PSO available for the PC? I think they should also make that thing that's out for the PS One where it's a little T.V. attached to your Playstation. Then we could all play at work, home, in the car, while we're sleeping, and never have to communicate with the outside world ever again! It's ingenious!!!

Ok, for real though...anyone else with me on them making PSO for the PC? Of course they'd have to make it versitle for you to play with those playing on the DC. But wouldn't it be neato?

-Gryphon

Rei
Feb 14, 2001, 05:38 PM
Heard that SEGA is making a chip/hardware which can be installed in a PC. This chip/hardware enables you to play DC games on PC.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Rei on 2001-02-14 15:50 ]</font>

gryphon410
Feb 14, 2001, 06:34 PM
Well, there is Bleem for the PC which allows you to play Dreamcast games on the PC, but I think it's limited to only certain games. Anyone know if PSO is versitile with Bleem?

-Gryphon

Kane
Feb 14, 2001, 06:39 PM
Bleem! is for PSX games not DC games, unless there's a new kind of bleem I don't know about.

Rei
Feb 14, 2001, 06:50 PM
On 2001-02-14 15:34, gryphon410 wrote:
Well, there is Bleem for the PC which allows you to play Dreamcast games on the PC, but I think it's limited to only certain games. Anyone know if PSO is versitile with Bleem?

-Gryphon

Well, did I say Bleem?? SEGA is making Bleem?? Please read my first post again.

EvilEd
Feb 14, 2001, 07:24 PM
Rei, you are correct, from what I've heardread Sega plans to release an add-on card for PC that allows you to play DC games on them. It's similar to what 3DO did.

As for seeing PSO on PC; If your going to make this happen, you might as well go all out - More levels, more options, maybe have the ability to have six party members together, etc. Unfortunately I don't see this happening any time soon.

If the the sales for PSO exceed Sega's expectations, who knows, but I think this series will live for awhile on DC.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: EvilEd on 2001-02-14 16:25 ]</font>

Serge
Feb 14, 2001, 07:38 PM
They should do it for ps2.

gryphon410
Feb 14, 2001, 07:43 PM
Rei,

In reply to your last message, I know you didn't mention Bleem. I brought Bleem up. After what you said about the chip, I started thinking that I had seen Bleem! before when I was working at a games dealer a while back.

I think that'll be great though that they're coming out with that chip.

-Gryphon

Jihatsu
Feb 14, 2001, 09:57 PM
I had a 3DO, and was pissed that they released the ISA card. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Chances are it's going to be a simple PCI card. The thing is, the controllers on the DC are rather big in plug size (bigger than an expansion slot hole) - so maybe they're just going to have one plug into an external bay that comes with it. I'd like to see this, actually. Instant VGA Box? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I'd get one even if I had a dreamcast.

The only problem? Sega's out of the hardware biz, remember? So this is another product "up in the air"

Kafkala
Feb 15, 2001, 04:04 AM
I agree, if PSO came out for the PC imagine all the mods that could be made for it also the fact of starting a server outside of sega.net or in Sega;s case bringing more of the PC crowd to the game. I just hope they add more areas to the game in an expansion.

etc

SuperSubZero
Feb 15, 2001, 05:24 AM
It would be an intriguing thing to see a card released which defied technology and made a standard $30 Acer CDROM drive read Sega's proprietary GDROM discs.

To play DC games on a PC you'd basically have to have a DC integrated into the motherboard and have a GDROM drive, something Sega doesn't need now. There are enough pirates with the knowledge to copy GDROMS, they don't need to give every John Q. Public person the opportunity to do the same.

-SSZ

Ambrai
Feb 15, 2001, 06:09 AM
There is one thing that noone has mentioned that is the reason I dont want to see PSO on PC.

When a game is made in a PC format it is much easier to hack than on the console.

I dont want to see diablo revisited....

KarnaJ
Feb 15, 2001, 09:00 AM
SuperSubZero, a gdrom can be read in a standard pc cdrom, only it doesn't know how to interpret the data it recieves, since to fit a gig in the space they have, they ditched the standard error correction codes and such. You COULD have a card that had an ide interface on it to simply interpret the data. A software solution COULD be possible, but it would probably be slow, and unacceptable for trying to play games from. I don't see how a hardware card would open up everyone to pirating though, it could just be set up not to assign the drive a letter, or only work when the specific emulation software was running. To crack that to read a gdrom would take more effort than it does to just read one now, without all that. Even if everyone and their brother could read the data on a gdrom, it's not like they could just burn it and go, there are numerous copy protected games, and there's still the size issue, a gdrom holds roughly a gig, while a selfbooting pirated game can only hold about 630meg, so most games require considerable downsampling of movies and music, again not something the average Joe is capable of.

Nex_Nergal
Apr 3, 2001, 05:24 AM
Bleem! DC to PC ---> So far: Bullshit to me

Bleem! PC to DC ---> Bullshit

Bleem! PS to DC ---> On its way to EU!

PC should NOT get PSO, I think it should be DC exclusive. But thats just me.

These are only my thoughts, don't get mad at me, because I only read the first few post, I might have missed something..... sorry...

Tolwyn
Apr 3, 2001, 09:05 AM
If it came to PC, be prepared to see a billion more `l33t' players like on UO, CS, EQ, AC etc... A bunch will swarm to the new game.

Ukyou
Apr 3, 2001, 09:06 AM
As I was reading this, I was instantly thinking, ugh...hack central (Ambrai beat me to it tho =P)

I've heard a lot of BS about people in PSO making weapons with a GS, but I bet it could be done on a PC... *hmm, a Spread Needle w/ unlimited range (goes thru walls) upgraded to Arrest, 1 atp req. and 9999 damage per hit...* I just know someone would make it =P

Omege12
Apr 3, 2001, 09:14 AM
If they made it on PC it would take out some of the fun! Because playing online with your console is more rare than playing online with your PC. And of course there will be tons of hackers. Last thing, I'm sorry but SEGA would never release PSO for PC anyway.