PDA

View Full Version : how many AA batteries does the Wiimote use?

Saner
Nov 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
not interested in charger, just wondering cause wonder how many batteries each wiimote needs. and they are AA right?
not AAA?

amtalx
Nov 16, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yes, AA and they take two each. If you use your Wii more than once a year, I would recommend getting a charger though...they can tear through batteries.

Saner
Nov 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
kk thx

trypticon
Nov 16, 2007, 02:07 PM
Yep. Getting some rechargable batteries and a charger is going to save you money really fast if you like playing the Wii.

Saner
Nov 16, 2007, 02:15 PM
yes its; retarded they offer no option to plug the wiimote to the console like Xbox360 allows. I never even place the console above the TV, so any cables won't get in the way anyway.

cables >>>> wireless.

Blitzkommando
Nov 16, 2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure I'd want a wired motion-sensitive controller. The whipping action alone could cause some rather nasty injuries to anyone unfortunate enough to be in the room...

But, yeah, chargeable AA packs with 8 batteries aren't all that much more expensive than the normal ones and tend to work fairly well. Just don't buy them at a pharmacy unless you want to pay a hefty premium. On the flip side Oddlots brand aren't exactly what I'd call a good purchase either.

There are recharge kits for Wiimotes that I've seen as well. I'm not experienced with them myself though so I couldn't say one way or another they work all that well, but it is an option to consider (preferably after reading a review or three).

trypticon
Nov 16, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-11-16 12:40, Norvekh wrote:

There are recharge kits for Wiimotes that I've seen as well. I'm not experienced with them myself though so I couldn't say one way or another they work all that well, but it is an option to consider (preferably after reading a review or three).

The charger and charge packs from Niko that I use are reliable. I've been using them for a while now on all four of my controllers, and I get maybe 20 to 25 hours of gameplay from each controller before I have to recharge it.

Zantra
Nov 16, 2007, 05:49 PM
I buy all my batteries from the dollar store, if I get lucky, I can usually get a pack of 12 AA's for a dollar. Or i'll go to Costco, and spend $15 for 64. Or, i'll go to Fry's Electronics, and buy 100 AA's for $20.

I also recommend going to your local Home Depot, or Osh's Hardware Chain, as they sometimes have huge deals on AA batteries. Once, I was in there, and they were moving out some form of "High Octane" Duracell Batteries, to move in a newer more expensive version, and they were selling 64 AA's for only $6.99, so sometimes you can get lucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-16 14:52 ]</font>

Saner
Nov 16, 2007, 05:54 PM
okay the ultimate battery question.

duracell. or energizer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zantra
Nov 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-11-16 14:54, Saner wrote:
okay the ultimate battery question.

duracell. or energizer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I find that Duracells last longer in the Xbox 360 controller, and that Energizers work better in remotes, and in the Wii controller.

But, I don't think it matters much, they serve the same purpose, I usually go for whatever is cheaper, because in the end... a battery is a battery.

The Dollar store Batteries that I have in my "Wiimote" right now last on average 7 to 8 days, depending on how much I use the system.

The internet Browser, is a battery killer, since it vibrates the Wiimote everytime you move over a letter key, or a link in a page, and that vibration takes up more battery power. So, depending on how often you use the internet with your Wii, that can be a factor in how long your batteries last.

mizukage
Nov 16, 2007, 07:05 PM
For wireless controllers of video game consoles or portable consoles, I would choose to pay more and use Duracell, because it prevents the annoyances of having a non-working portable console or a wireless controller too often.

Cheap batteries are good for various uses, but when it comes to video games, always..always choose the expensive one. Energizer is good too, but I personally prefer Duracell due to its never-failing long lasting gaming experiences!

Saner
Nov 16, 2007, 09:24 PM
what about panasonic batteries? >.>

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 17, 2007, 02:33 AM
I'm using rechargable Ni-MH batteries with a two-hour charger. They're Radio Shack brand but they get the job done. Pretty cheap but I forget the cost. I've had them ever since those Japanese batteries that came with my console wore off.

Nyreal
Nov 17, 2007, 02:56 AM
Yes... Rechargeable batteries are definately worth the extra money. I believe you can find a charger and a pack of four batteries for something in the neighborhood of twenty dollars.