PDA

View Full Version : Resta vs. Giresta

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 06:43 PM
After the update, Giresta got quite a few improvements. Is there even one way in which Resta has any sort of edge over Giresta? I'm seriously considering picking it up for my Newearl Guntecher.

Anduril
Nov 16, 2007, 06:48 PM
Seeing as I'm on the 360, how fast has Giresta gotten? Because if it is still slow as hell that is the one thing Resta has over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-11-16 15:48 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 06:51 PM
I heard it's as fast as Resta now, but I haven't seen it in action.

Rashiid
It casts faster, much lower PP cost, and the restore ticks last a lot longer

Kylie
Hm, I only recall hearing that the cost of PP for giresta went from like 175 to 55. Now, I have yet to use giresta after the update, but I would assume that resta is faster to cast and heals more.

Anduril
Nov 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:51, Typheros wrote:
I heard it's as fast as Resta now, but I haven't seen it in action.

If that's the case, Hell! I'm getting rid of my Resta.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 16, 2007, 06:54 PM
well, since level giresta lvl 21 fully heals no matter what (from what I've heard), it will be based more on pp then tp really. I think the only advantages resta still has is range and cost. I think giresta is going to be perfect in the expansion. I mean, its 99 PA frags, it should be better.

Kylie
Nov 16, 2007, 06:58 PM
If it's faster and heals more... <3. It's way easier to level, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rizen
Nov 16, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:54, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
well, since level giresta lvl 21 fully heals no matter what (from what I've heard), it will be based more on pp then tp really. I think the only advantages resta still has is range and cost. I think giresta is going to be perfect in the expansion. I mean, its 99 PA frags, it should be better.

Agreed, but I don't think it should put Resta out of its job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Inazuma
Nov 16, 2007, 07:02 PM
resta is faster and costs less pp. but if you have to just pick 1, giresta wins hands down. personally i use both.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-11-16 15:59, Rizen wrote:

On 2007-11-16 15:54, Hath_Wrobo wrote:

Agreed, but I don't think it should put Resta out of its job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Resta will still have its uses. For long boss battles, resta would be superior due to range and less cost. But other than that, I can't really see how giresta wouldnt be the best. As a Cast Guntecher, I no longer have to worry about having enough tp, since giresta always heals for full hp at level 21, I can invest in wands with more pp then tp.

Also, before investing into cometeracs, can anyone please verify that giresta lvl 21 does in fact fully heal?

Wallin
Nov 16, 2007, 07:18 PM
By fully heal, are we talking about instantly or over time?

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 07:20 PM
Resta is fail. Giresta is god. End of topic.

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 07:20 PM
Friend of mine helped me test Giresta versus Resta. Giresta is definitely slower, and healing is not something you want slow. It's a far better spell now, but it's not replacing my Resta after all.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 16, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:20, Typheros wrote:
Friend of mine helped me test Giresta versus Resta. Giresta is definitely slower, and healing is not something you want slow. It's a far better spell now, but it's not replacing my Resta after all.

Well, my hope is to use a har/quick with giresta. Still under the assumption that giresta fully heals at lvl 21 (Someone please verify this), tp lost will not really matter.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
Giresta is not a guaranteed 100% heal, but it's more powerful per TP than Resta, I think.

Besides, the residual HP recovery is ridiculously good.

Kietrinia
Nov 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
Let me run some tests without my Har/Quick. See how many castings I can get in a minute done with a rod. I'll post what I find here. ^-^

mizukage
Nov 16, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:30, Remedy wrote:
Giresta is not a guaranteed 100% heal, but it's more powerful per TP than Resta, I think.

Besides, the residual HP recovery is ridiculously good.

I agree, but something to add...

Giresta has a bigger range of healing, while Resta has a smaller one. If comrades are standing a bit far away, they won't get healed. More over, Giresta can also revive comrades, while Resta can't.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 07:42 PM
Right. And Giresta is only 8 more PP at 30 (as an FT).

It's basically winsauce on an awesomecracker.

I'm also uploading a video to DailyMotion (better quality than YouTube) to show the difference in casting speed as a FT with H/Quick.

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 07:55 PM
PP cost isn't a big deal to me, I'm just trying to built the ultimate Support Guntecher.

Looking forward to that video, this may define my next goal....

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 08:10 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/RemedyDoern/video/x3i1us_resta-vs-giresta_videogames

Resta vs Giresta

(Bonus points if you can identify the music)

Kietrinia
Nov 16, 2007, 08:20 PM
I just finished my own tests..

Did counts in 30 second timeframes

Test 1 - Using Rod (Granarodoc) without a Har/Quick
Resta: 13 casts
Giresta: 10 casts

Test 2 - Using Wand (Magical Wand) without a Har/Quick
Resta: 16 casts
Giresta: 12 casts

Test 3 - Lightning round, Magical Wand with Har/Quick
Resta: 19 casts
Giresta: 18 casts

Conclusion: Resta is still faster than Giresta.

Giresta costs 1.2x as much in PP and is about 85% as fast as Resta. I would personally keep Resta around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, basically, Har/Quick eliminates the difference between Resta and Giresta. The higher heal potential, the HP regeneration, and the revivification eliminate the problem of the slightly slower cast time and slightly higher PP cost.

Giresta > Resta if you have Har/Quick - maybe even Me/Quick.

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 08:26 PM
....yep, I have a new PA frag goal.

I'm sure the speed difference is more visible if you're not using a Har / Quick, but the sheer awesomeness of the spell may just make up for it.

Wallin
Nov 16, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:10, Remedy wrote:

Resta vs Giresta

Very sexy video.

And Gradius V = hawt! I was thinking of playing that the other day...

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 16, 2007, 08:37 PM
so basically, beast says, I'm gonna nano, spam like 10 girestas on him, when he gets hit, massive heal

THE JACKEL

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 16, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:10, Remedy wrote:

Resta vs Giresta

I noticed the sound difference in each giresta cast, is that what you mean by stacking? Bit of a newb when it comes to giresta. Also, that song sounds awfully familiar, just cannot really pinpoint where I heard it from.

Wallin
Nov 16, 2007, 08:40 PM
So is this the best tech to spend frags on, or should I still get Nosdiga first (or something else)?

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 16, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:40, Wallin wrote:
So is this the best tech to spend frags on, or should I still get Nosdiga first (or something else)?

do you want to support, or attack?
that's the only real question

THE JACKEL

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 08:44 PM
No, what the thing is, is that Giresta sets up somethin much like a Me/HP Restore when you cast it. At 21+, it restores 3% of your total HP every 6 seconds. Now, if you're at full HP when those 6 seconds go past, then it goes into an HP restoration queue. The next time you get hit, every drop of that queue is applied towards that attack that you just suffered - usually mitigating it altogether.

Bonus is that this restoration lasts four minutes.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 08:44 PM
A REAL Force would say Giresta.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 16, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:44, Remedy wrote:
No, what the thing is, is that Giresta sets up somethin much like a Me/HP Restore when you cast it. At 21+, it restores 3% of your total HP every 6 seconds. Now, if you're at full HP when those 6 seconds go past, then it goes into an HP restoration queue. The next time you get hit, every drop of that queue is applied towards that attack that you just suffered - usually mitigating it altogether.

Bonus is that this restoration lasts four minutes.

Nice, ultimate boss tech http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks for the video, I heard that giresta got a major speed boost, but this is awesome.

Xencia
Nov 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
So,it basically builds up a hp buffer if you're already full as it restores? I don't have alot of experience with Giresta...it has a good immediate heal as well,right?

Iduno
Nov 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-11-16 17:40, Wallin wrote:

well if your decent leveled and plan on getting PA frags on missions without megid spiting monsters you may as well get nosdiga so you can go a bit faster through them to get the 99 frags for giresta

Bitey
Nov 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
Also adding in here: I am not sure if they gave this to us too, but in Japan Giresta stores regen ticks if you are at full HP and instantly fires them all off after you take damage. So say you were at full HP for five regen ticks, they would store until you finally took damage and then the five ticks would instantly fire off in rapid succession. So, in a sense, Giresta is faster than Resta on the heal.

It is also important to note that Giresta stacks with regen units. Depending on when you casted Giresta, Giresta and the regen units will either have separate regen ticks or their ticks will add together and become a larger tick.

stukasa
Nov 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-11-16 16:10, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
Resta will still have its uses. For long boss battles, resta would be superior due to range and less cost. But other than that, I can't really see how giresta wouldnt be the best.
Can anyone tell me how Giresta's range compares to Resta's? Apparently Giresta has a smaller range, but by how much? (Just wondering before I spend frags on it >.>)

EDIT: Wait, mizukage said Giresta has the bigger range. Now I'm all confused. x.x Which one has larger range, and how much larger are we talking here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stukasa on 2007-11-17 13:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stukasa on 2007-11-17 13:56 ]</font>

Shou
Nov 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
Giresta is now officially, the 5th buff. I absolutly love its faster casting speed, low PP cost, and long-lasting HP regain. Any techer could replace resta with it and still be fully functional.

I LOVE giresta now.

How do you other techers feel about giresta?

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 10:50 PM

That's how I feel about Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Giresta = winsauce on a fucking awesomecracker

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 17, 2007, 11:04 PM
Welcome to yesterday.

Edit: So I don't sound fully rude, but I do agree. I was just stating most knew about it since yesterday or even before then. Glad you're letting others in the community know though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2007-11-17 20:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2007-11-17 20:22 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Nov 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-11-17 20:04, Keiko_Seisha wrote:
Welcome to yesterday.

Wallin
Nov 17, 2007, 11:16 PM
Since there's two Giresta topics now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif is there a new hotspot for S2 missions? I got on for a moment today and saw a couple of S ones in LL and a couple at Mad Creatures, but no S2. Where is everyone?

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 11:26 PM
Probably True Darkness.

As for me and my house, we will follow the Wand (to Sleeping Warriors S2).

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 11:44 PM
On 2007-11-17 19:50, Remedy wrote:

That's how I feel about Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Giresta = winsauce on a fucking awesomecracker

Yeah... if you have Har/Quick... -_-

oooWaveooo
Nov 17, 2007, 11:46 PM
i hardly doubt it will replace resta. my resta fully restores all hp, Giresta 30 usually fails to fully heal those lvl 100 casts and beasts.

how much did they adjust the PP usage? 150pp per cast is absolutely insane

Broodstar1337
Nov 17, 2007, 11:49 PM
Apparently it's down to 50 PP.

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 11:57 PM
48 PP at 30 as a FT.

And my Giresta 30 hits for 2300+, so I dunno what you're talking about it not fully healing. XD

Randomness
Nov 18, 2007, 12:00 AM
Um... 90 frags (I think), for someone who has barely any... and has purchased a grand total of two PAs with them. (Dus Majarra, Megiverse).

I could care less. Resta works wonderfully for me, and I absolutely HATE leveling any form of support tech because of sheer boredom. Resta and Reverser are the only two I have even taken to second tier, because I actually USE them enough to level them... unlike those accursed buffs.

Unless theres either a plethora of new story missions as easy to S rank as 2-10 A (Kill one guy for 10 frags!), or it is somehow absurdly powerful and puts all comparable techs to shame, I'll be passing on it.

oooWaveooo
Nov 18, 2007, 12:03 AM
boring or not, buffs are a neccesity. lots of higher up players won't party with you if you aren't buffing and stuff.

are you using any sort to tech boost unit? I have a har/ quick equiped, and also since the 360 servers haven't been updated yet, our stats may be drastically different

Remedy
Nov 18, 2007, 12:04 AM
Negative, I use Har/Quick as well, and it was fully healing even before the patch when I was 100/10 with pre-patch TP.

Are you a female newman?

On 2007-11-17 21:00, Randomness wrote:
or it is somehow absurdly powerful and puts all comparable techs to shame, I'll be passing on it.

It DOES put the only other comparable tech (Resta) to shame. It casts almost as fast (look at my video to see the slight difference), it barely costs more PP (48 vs. 40), and it has a built-in regenerative effect that queues up and applies itself towards any attacks you suffer for the 4 minutes it lasts.

PLUS, it revives people at full HP, much like a Moon Atom X. It's Trimate + Hard/HP Restore + Moon Atomizer X all in one at 21+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-17 21:06 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 18, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-11-17 21:03, oooWaveooo wrote:
boring or not, buffs are a neccesity. lots of higher up players won't party with you if you aren't buffing and stuff.

No, actually.

Xencia
Nov 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
Well in random parties you can't do a whole lot,but I quietly resent them if they have them and don't use them.

Other day in a party on my Protranser,it had a WT and a FT,no buffs,no resta,no reverser,until right before the boss.

Flip side,on my WT,I get annoyed when people wont let me buff em(If I'm the only buffer around). In a party yesterday everyone kept using buffer items,I know it's the same level,but it annoyed me and kept building,like they couldn't stand to stand still for 4 seconds.

It may be random parties,but teamwork makes the game fun to me,s'why I went and spent so much time leveling my Buffs and Debuffs.

Feelmirath
Nov 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
Ok, here's my perception of what happens with giresta.

Giresta's auto HP recovery builds up when your HP is full, and if you don't lose any HP for a while, you will pretty much insta-recover a hit to you.

However, the other thing I've noticed is that if you recast giresta, it seems to get rid of this "store", so I use resta in conjunction with this.

StKkilo
Nov 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
giresta at lvl 21+ fully heals no matter what

Pillan
Nov 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
Giresta doesn't fully heal unless you're an fT. It had the same TP modifier as Resta at 10, but I haven't checked any levels before or after that and I have no intention of getting Resta up to 30 now that Giresta casts so fast.

Benifits:
- It heals the same amount as Resta
- It revives the same amount as a Resta cast
- It has buff/debuff range

Costs:
- Slower cast time
- PP cost +10.

I agree entirely with the sentiment that Resta is outdated. It's definitely worth the frags now, especially if you have a /quick unit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-11-18 12:18 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Nov 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
This seems to be the general consensus I've picked up from FT's that I know. If you can save the frags for it (I don't see why you can't) then Giresta pwns Resta in AoI.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 19, 2007, 03:16 PM
does it level like a buff, or is it like resta and actually needs to heal to lv?

Pillan
Nov 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
It levels like a buff, but I believe the requirement per level is less than that of a buff.

Xtian913
Nov 19, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-11-19 12:19, Pillan wrote:
It levels like a buff, but I believe the requirement per level is less than that of a buff.

You're right. I was in a Buff Party last night, in all the time it took to get up three levels on Jellen, I got my GiResta from 15 to 22-ish.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 19, 2007, 04:16 PM
ok, then i'm sold, lol. getting it right now. thx for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xencia
Nov 19, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'll be grabbing it for my AT today,only 4 frags to go after hitting True Darkness with my PT and WT to get em to 15^_^

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2007, 03:02 PM
Just got Giresta last night. It's as good as advertised, and I'm on a Guntecher.

Bitey
Nov 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
I had it on my Guntecher as well and I am sad to say that my Har/quick is wasted. Giresta has no noticeable difference in casting speed between a Har/Quick or Me/Quick for me, and by noticeable I mean important. It is plenty fast with either unit and the same speed as my friend's Resta. I did not even try it without a quick unit.

CelestialBlade
Nov 20, 2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I use a Me/Quick so I don't take as hard of a hit to my TP. As I see it, Me/Quick seems to be waaaay faster than no Quick, but Har/Quick is only a little faster than Me/Quick. Probably why the Me still has value on the market.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 21, 2007, 10:15 AM
got it to 21 in a few hours, man is it good. I'm a male cast GT so I use STC as a bullet save as opposed to a quick unit so my speed is still slow. I'd still say it's def helpful for people who like to do other things like nuke or apply gun SE's while trying to support. It's also really good for those pesky hunter and hybrids that wander away from your loving care. can't say that it totally erases the need for resta cause in my situation the speed and range of resta is still very valuable. The hard part is trying to work them both in your palette with out dumping reverser.

Xtian913
Nov 21, 2007, 10:36 AM
Hmm, I have a Me/Quick and gotta say I did see an increase in speed with 21+ Giresta (over its pre-AOI speed) but I dunno... it's not enough for me to get rid of Resta. That extra second or so Resta has over it really means more to me in some situations.

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2007, 12:16 PM
I use Giresta primarily, but I carry around Star Atomizers for emergencies. Forget Resta, Star Atomizers are even faster.