PDA

View Full Version : Improvement on Polls?

Rizen
Nov 18, 2007, 03:37 PM
I'm not one to say much about site or forum design, but this kinda bothers me a bit. X_X

Its a nice feature of polls to display the first post, but at times when you edit your first post, the poll doesn't show it. Also, showing the full first post can be very annoying, especially if they are long.

My thoughts is there some how you can just make it so tat polls have a title and maybe a message body to enter? Also, would it be possible to lock and edit polls after they have been added?

Thanks for your time!

Ryna
Nov 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
The poll feature was added several years ago and has always been difficult to deal with while maintaining backward compatibility. I'd like to improve the interface and make several of the suggested changes, but that is fairly low on the priority list with the expansion right around the corner.

If you do notice a problematic poll, PM a moderator about it. They are able to edit poll descriptions/options for length and content.

mizukage
Nov 18, 2007, 08:16 PM
I do notice that the polls should be improved. The OP post shouldn't be the same thing as the poll itself. Its like a duplicated post.. And when there are images in the poll and that the same things appear in the OP post part, it makes the page look very long and maybe even annoying to other people.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif