PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Vs. Dial-up

Roontek
Jan 5, 2003, 06:44 AM
We all know that a Broadband connection is the best, but for PSO, does it matter if you have broadband or dial-up or do they run the same? I mean that if broadband runs better I will get that but if Dial-up runs the game online the same they there is no reason to waste$$$.

Tenshin
Jan 5, 2003, 04:52 PM
Well...I, have broadband. I have yet to compare with others, but I'll tell you this. It works like a dream. Although on the DC version, my modem also worked like a dream BUT with lag every once in a while, and many dces, lol

Tavia
Jan 5, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-01-05 03:44, Roontek wrote:
We all know that a Broadband connection is the best, but for PSO, does it matter if you have broadband or dial-up or do they run the same? I mean that if broadband runs better I will get that but if Dial-up runs the game online the same they there is no reason to waste$$$.

For PSO, you really do not need broadband, as it works great on dial-up. However, this is dependant upon the quality of your phone lines -- if you have a lot of line noise and such, you may have unusually frequent lag/disconnect problems -- and that holds true with regular internet use as much as it does gaming. With broadband, traditionally, you'll have a more trustworthy connection and few -- if any -- lag problems.

If you have the money to burn, by all means, get broadband. It's not as if you wouldn't enjoy its benefits on your PC(s) also. If you only want to get broadband if it's necessary for PSO play, though, don't worry about it. You don't need it. I played PSO on DC for countless hours exclusively on dial-up.

Roontek
Jan 6, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well, the problem here in the great state of Utah is, that a BroadBand connection is very rare and hard to come by, so I think I will stick with the Dial-up. thank you for all the support! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roontek on 2003-01-05 21:50 ]</font>