PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this should go here but was not sure where else

Chii
Nov 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
Well, I was bored and decided to try out the irc room to see if anyone else was in there. But after the java client loaded and try to enter me to the room I was presented with a message which informed me that I was banned.

This is pretty odd since I've no memory of joining the pso room. And I'm quite sure that if I had been banned, I would remember it since I've never been banned from an irc room.

If I had been in this room it would have been under the name, "Fae" or "Chii". So if possible could someone check on this? Or at least tell me what is going on?

Thanks!

*edit*
Also not sure if this has anything to do with it... but I did change ISPs about a month or two ago (can be referenced against the IPs of my posts) maybe I ended up w/ in someone else's ban?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chii on 2007-11-18 16:07 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Nov 18, 2007, 07:15 PM
Interesting. I joined just a moment ago and everything seemed to be just fine. Did you try it again after that to see if you could join?

BTW, just to make sure you know:

Chat Disclaimer: The #psow chat room is not owned or operated by PSO-World.com. The channel has its own rules, which may differ from the rules of this site. PSO-World.com cannot and shall not be held liable or otherwise responsible for the content of the #psow chat room. The opinions and views expressed in the chat are not those of PSO-World.com and shall not be attributed to PSO-World.com.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-11-18 16:18 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Nov 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
There's an IRC?

Chii
Nov 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:15, VioletSkye wrote:
Interesting. I joined just a moment ago and everything seemed to be just fine. Did you try it again after that to see if you could join?

BTW, just to make sure you know:

Chat Disclaimer: The #psow chat room is not owned or operated by PSO-World.com. The channel has its own rules, which may differ from the rules of this site. PSO-World.com cannot and shall not be held liable or otherwise responsible for the content of the #psow chat room. The opinions and views expressed in the chat are not those of PSO-World.com and shall not be attributed to PSO-World.com.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-11-18 16:18 ]</font>

Yep, I just tried joining it on my mIRC client rather than the java client and it shows me as banned.

As far as the disclaimer goes. I figured giving the topics that come up when I do a search for IRC.

Any chance that I may get a hold of an admin/op/hop who could check the status of this, and let me know what's going on? All in all it's not a HUGE deal because I've never been in there so it's not as if I'm really missing anything (that I know of at least). But I find it odd that I'm randomly banned from a room I've never accessed, lol.
Thanks again :>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chii on 2007-11-18 16:25 ]</font>

Sord
Nov 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
the place is often incredibly dull, and has very long blocks of silence. I use to go, but stopped becaused it was just idling 90% of the time. The place does get busier at certain hours though.

Just tried logging on in Trillian, worked just fine. Left them a note about this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-11-18 16:56 ]</font>

Kuea
Nov 18, 2007, 07:53 PM
well Sord just showed up and stuff so... I don't remember a Chii or Fae, but I'll check the logs now to see what's up~ XD side note, what is your current ISP? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Chii
Nov 18, 2007, 07:57 PM
Current ISP is Cox Communications in Arkansas. I switched over from DSL which I had with AT&T a month or two ago when I got cable TV set up in my apartment :>

Also I have tried joining a few times to see if my name or IP was unbanned. Not sure if join attempts do show up, but if they do this will explain why they have occurred the past few times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*edit*

That kind of sucked.... for some reason I was unable to post. So I'd tried refreshing and resubmitting. By the time I finally posted I had a number of duplicate posts. Don't worry all deleted :>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chii on 2007-11-18 17:16 ]</font>

Kuea
Nov 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
Bleh, well th elog is so large it seems to bring whatever I use to open it to a very slow halt... so to make it easier, you said you tried oining on your irc client a bit ago so I assume you can get to foreverchat on your own =3 mind hoppign on #deno so I can see what your current IP is to see why it's banned? XD

Chii
Nov 18, 2007, 08:23 PM
Okey, I'm there.... semi afk though as I'm scouring a paper for details that I will need to write a lab report :>

*edit*

Weee I'm in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hurray for blanket bans >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chii on 2007-11-18 17:30 ]</font>

Kuea
Nov 18, 2007, 08:30 PM
Lab reports are fun~

so all fixed now :> too wide of bans are no fun~

now that it's taken care of, good luck with your lab http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

omegapirate2k
Nov 19, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:50, Sord wrote:
the place is often incredibly dull, and has very long blocks of silence. I use to go, but stopped becaused it was just idling 90% of the time. The place does get busier at certain hours though.

Well said, honestly, I should go on there some more, I had fun (when people weren't AFK >_>)