PDA

View Full Version : Counter on Sealed-J Sword

Mithrandir
Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
Is there anyway to view the counter on a Sealed-J sword, cause I'm getting kinda frustrated just killing and not knowing how close I am.

I have GC version btw (don't know if that matters).

VioletSkye
Nov 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately, there is no visible counter for you to check. The counter takes the place code-wise of where the 3rd stat would have been on the data for the sword itself. Or maybe it was where the 1st stat would have been?? Anyway, it takes up a slot of data that would normally be reserved for a stat lol.

Mithrandir
Nov 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks again....oh and btw....the Sealed-J won't cast slow on you if it's hacked, right?

Rob19
Nov 18, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-11-18 16:46, Mithrandir wrote:
Thanks again....oh and btw....the Sealed-J won't cast slow on you if it's hacked, right?

iirc it still would. thats just a side affect. and if the sjs is hacked, chances are the counter was never put on it >>

VioletSkye
Nov 18, 2007, 10:40 PM
That's kind of a common myth that a hacked SJ won't have a counter, but it's not true. The section of code is still there and when you equip it the game knows to start adding kills to that area. So basically, even hacked SJS can be unsealed, as can dupes of SJS that have the unseal option available.

Oh almost forgot to answer the OPs second question. As Rob19 pointed out already, even a hacked SJS will cast slow on you.

Rob19
Nov 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
not from what a topic i read a while back said it won't. the hex number is set to a certain number or something like that when it is dropped from gi gue. however far away it is from the hex value that makes the USE option appear, is how many kills you will have to make with it. hacked ones, don't get this random # when it is made. only way it is still on there is if the hacker manually puts it on there.

and yes, the topic was made by a hacker so i'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about. not saying either of us are right or wrong, just speaking what i know.

also, can you delete that double post plz? idk how that happens but its happened b4

VioletSkye
Nov 19, 2007, 12:52 AM
I don't have mod privileges in this forum but I can have someone delete your duplicate. That's interesting though. I could have sworn that when I was item modding I made a SJS with the counter area set to something like 30,000 and the use option was there. Anyway, it's definitely possible that the item needs at least some random number to begin with in order to start the counter adding kills. If you find more info on that let me know. It's been awhile since I've messed with any of that and I'm kinda out of the loop lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rob19
Nov 19, 2007, 02:16 AM
i'll try to find the topic about it if i can find it in the depths of another forum...

np. i tried finding out as much as i could when i first got online (to the other servers)

Mithrandir
Nov 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys....sorry for all the questions btw. I just got my Sealed-J Sword as a gift from my friend who goes online. He said he traded to get it, so idk if it's hacked or not. As long as you can unseal a hacked one though, I guess i'll be fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mithrandir on 2007-11-19 12:12 ]</font>

Mithrandir
Nov 19, 2007, 10:13 PM
Ok guys, this is the last question, I promise (VioletSkye and Rob19, you guys have been great).

Heres a quote from another thread I found:

[Unsealing] WILL NOT WORK USING A HACKED SEALED J-SWORD - ONLY LEGITIMATE J-SWORDS CAN BE CONVERTED THIS WAY.

So here is my final question (It will probably make me look like a complete n00b, but i'll ask it anyway):

Is there anyway to see/find out if my Sealed-J Sword is hacked. I just really don't want to go through all the effort of killing 23k monsters for nothing.

Thanks guys.

trypticon
Nov 19, 2007, 10:58 PM
Well, you can check to see if it has three areas of percentage, because on a legit sword with all 0s, you can only add two areas of percentage in the Gallons Shop quest. The third area is taken up by the counter.

Either that, or you can remind yourself that if somebody traded you a SJS, it's not one they found themselves.

Rob19
Nov 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
only thing i could think of you doing is trying to (no avail -_-) track down the person that traded it to your friend. imo its probably not legit, but it very well may be. who knows =

Mithrandir
Nov 20, 2007, 08:25 AM
thanks again guys

Ketchup345
Nov 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
Most hacked SJSs would not have the counter. From my memory, there were at least some created with the counter, especially after the major discovery that a counter existed and where it was.

DoubleJG
Nov 29, 2007, 12:12 AM
A good way to have a "counter" is to do loads of Max Attack runs seeing how they keep track of your kills for you. Sure, you already have a decent amount on the SJS already, but hey, it's never too late to start?

Mithrandir
Nov 30, 2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I used trypticon's method and...yeah...it was hacked... :'(

Oh well....now back to killing 12000 Gi Gues......yay...
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SStrikerR
Dec 3, 2007, 05:37 PM
good luck and if you are on the "other servers", I wouldn't mind helping you hunt for it once in a while...i doubt rob would mind either, me n him are pals =D

Mithrandir
Dec 3, 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks Ryan. I sent you a PM with info.

Rob19
Dec 3, 2007, 10:41 PM
i'm hunting this as well ryan, so i'll more likely be doing my own hunt. but i will break and help a few others w/ their hunts as well. like The Dude's guld hunt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: OOOOHHHH your the one who asked about the meris on F6 in my thread. i just noticed. sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif see you on sometime soon ^-^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rob19 on 2007-12-03 19:42 ]</font>

Liquid_Bacon
Dec 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
If you got the Sealed J through trading, it's hacked. Simple as that. No legit player that spent the hundreds or thousands of hours it takes to find a real Sealed J (been there, found that) would dream of trading it away. The very best scenario would be that yours is a duplicated legit J-Sword, so it's still not really legit.

Rob19
Dec 7, 2007, 05:58 PM
i know a couple that have traded it, and that have gotten it from trades. not all sjs's are from a long excrutiating hunt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Aa_Alive
Dec 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-12-07 13:51, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
If you got the Sealed J through trading, it's hacked. Simple as that. No legit player that spent the hundreds or thousands of hours it takes to find a real Sealed J (been there, found that) would dream of trading it away. The very best scenario would be that yours is a duplicated legit J-Sword, so it's still not really legit.
How ridiculous. This is the same kind of silly assumption that leads to paranoia and "witch-hunts".

EDIT: Also, it should probably be mentioned, if I recall correctly, that the Sealed J-Sword only registers one kill on any given swing of the weapon, meaning that even if you down four or five enemies with one swing, it would only count one. I believe this was what was discovered, anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aa_Alive on 2007-12-07 16:42 ]</font>

Liquid_Bacon
Dec 7, 2007, 09:59 PM
I just don't see it. I guess the only way it would be possible would be for a newbie player (with a Force, for example) to find one somehow, and trade it away because their class can't use it, not knowing how special the item was. That or a player who only plays Rangers, perhaps, and doesn't want it? I guess something like that makes sense. Maybe I shouldn't say that EVERY Sealed J obtained through a trade was a hack. Still, it would be nice to see somebody come forward that has obtained a legit Sealed J through a trade and unlocked it. I have never heard of one.

Mithrandir
Dec 11, 2007, 11:01 PM
They could always find one, dupe it, and trade the dupes. Those would unseal.

metatime
Dec 19, 2007, 01:54 PM
On 2007-11-18 20:11, Rob19 wrote:
not from what a topic i read a while back said it won't. the hex number is set to a certain number or something like that when it is dropped from gi gue. however far away it is from the hex value that makes the USE option appear, is how many kills you will have to make with it. hacked ones, don't get this random # when it is made. only way it is still on there is if the hacker manually puts it on there.

and yes, the topic was made by a hacker so i'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about. not saying either of us are right or wrong, just speaking what i know.

also, can you delete that double post plz? idk how that happens but its happened b4

Yeah with a hack sjs, you have to manually put in the value but with a dupe from a legit, the counter will, of course, be there.

Rob19
Dec 19, 2007, 10:13 PM
my point exactly

BARTAmaster
Dec 29, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-12-07 16:40, Aa_Alive wrote:

On 2007-12-07 13:51, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
How ridiculous. This is the same kind of silly assumption that leads to paranoia and "witch-hunts".

EDIT: Also, it should probably be mentioned, if I recall correctly, that the Sealed J-Sword only registers one kill on any given swing of the weapon, meaning that even if you down four or five enemies with one swing, it would only count one. I believe this was what was discovered, anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aa_Alive on 2007-12-07 16:42 ]</font>
i hope your not serious =/