PDA

View Full Version : Slow down.... any suggestions?

Flamingo99
Nov 18, 2007, 08:44 PM
I've read to turn off Post-Particles effects, but I'd really not want to... I like the pretty weapon colors.

I can run halflife 2 with max settings (mostly) with out any trouble what so ever. I'm running Vista with 2 gigs of RAM, a ATI x1600, and a dualcore 2.1Ghz processor.

Is this a Vista problem, or is PSU that demanding?

Any suggestions are well appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2007-11-18 17:45 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Nov 18, 2007, 09:06 PM
I've learned that Vista is very demanding. I'm not entirely sure, but have you tried turning off anisotropic filtering?

Flamingo99
Nov 18, 2007, 10:24 PM
I've tried turning off the anisotrpic filitering. There's still a lot of slow down. Any other suggestions?

BaconZero
Nov 19, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-11-18 17:44, Flamingo99 wrote:
I've read to turn off Post-Particles effects, but I'd really not want to... I like the pretty weapon colors.

I can run halflife 2 with max settings (mostly) with out any trouble what so ever. I'm running Vista with 2 gigs of RAM, a ATI x1600, and a dualcore 2.1Ghz processor.

Is this a Vista problem, or is PSU that demanding?

Any suggestions are well appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2007-11-18 17:45 ]</font>

Are you running it with Frame Skip 0?
If so, change it to Frame Skip 3, it does help a lot for the slow down issue.

It may not be 360 nice, but it gets the job done, especially in larger parties.

...and yes, i run my PSU on Vista, lol.

On 2007-11-18 18:06, Getintothegame wrote:
I've learned that Vista is very demanding. I'm not entirely sure, but have you tried turning off anisotropic filtering?

Vista is demanding in its own way. Mostly every game i have runs just fine on Vista at high. Its just that PSU demands so much from the graphics card for some reason, even though Sega has a low one that can be used in the minimum requirments. So it really is the graphics card that it doesnt like if your running a dual core i think. (and i havent found a good video card that works with it yet... <_<)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaconZero on 2007-11-19 11:56 ]</font>