PDA

View Full Version : XBOX PSO

dvs69
Jan 5, 2003, 07:13 AM
Shit I am getting very worried because I am about 1 day from selling my xbox for around 250 to purchase a gamecube with pso but people are telling me to wait for xbox version to come out....AHHH DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHEN IT WILL COME OUT BESIDES THE 2 DATES I KNOW ALREADY! MAY AND FEBUARY?!

JOHNO_01
Jan 5, 2003, 09:24 AM
Get the GC version... the XB version has voice chat only! AGGGH! It would drive me mad listening to squeaky kids swearing all nite!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JOHNO_01 on 2003-01-05 06:25 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jan 5, 2003, 09:50 AM
-I respect the person above me's opinion by the way-

If I were you, I'd wait and get the Xbox Version. If you've played Xbox Live before then you'll understand. Easy friend's list, download content, friendly people(and unfriendly ones get mute and bad feedback) also, there would be the possibility of download content ^_^ Plus a lag free evioroment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Voice chat isn't annoying, in fact I plan on taking it off in lobbies if necesarry and use word select if I have to find a team XD After I'm in a team I'll put it on ^_^ if they get annoying I'll mute or just leave like I used to do in the DC version when there was a keyboard. Otherwise I'll be playing with my friends and if you don't have any friends on it well, you have ME lol ^_^ But really, you'll also invest less money this way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Jan 5, 2003, 11:44 AM
hm? less money?
he's selling his x-box for cube and pso... so additional costs are a bba/modem and the hunters licence (i take out costs for the quest to get a keyboard here).
then on x-box he'll pay for the game, x-box-live and any hunters licence-fee sega dares to want.
i'd say, its pretty much the same when not less (depends on how many games he wants to play online besides pso... one live-fee for all games yadda yadda, no other onlinegames official for cube blablabla)...

all in all you have to decide yourself - can you wait some few months? what console has more games you'd like to play? and so on...

good luck on your decision - i toss coins usually ^_^

Kalbelgarion
Jan 5, 2003, 11:47 AM
The XBOX version has both Keyboard and Voice Chat available, while the GCN version has neither.

Also, there are quite a few sites reporting that the Feb. 25th date is, in fact, correct. So it looks like the game is coming out in a month and a half. You can wait that long. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rena-ko
Jan 5, 2003, 12:02 PM
so the x-box-keyboard-adapter is official? good news i guess ^_^

DeadlyLegato
Jan 5, 2003, 12:57 PM
Yes X-Box PSO comes with a USB adapter, all one would need to do is plug a keyboard into the system and BOOM you're ready for chatting!

Elixer
Jan 5, 2003, 01:05 PM
yea i would go with the gamecube version. Its out now and the live chat feature for xbox would drive me crazy to jus timagine all those little beggers joining your game and screaming for rares.

Kalbelgarion
Jan 5, 2003, 01:09 PM
On 2003-01-05 10:05, Elixer wrote:
yea i would go with the gamecube version. Its out now and the live chat feature for xbox would drive me crazy to jus timagine all those little beggers joining your game and screaming for rares.

Umm...you've probably heard this before, but that's what the "mute" button is for. You can forever mute anyone who annoys you in the slightest bit...or you can opt to not use voice chat at all, and only use the keyboard. The other voices come in through the headset and not the TV, you know.

DeadlyLegato
Jan 5, 2003, 01:10 PM
[quote]yea i would go with the gamecube version. Its out now and the live chat feature for xbox would drive me crazy to jus timagine all those little beggers joining your game and screaming for rares.

Well you forget however that in any X-Box Live game you can mute anyone you want. It seems to me this is everyones problem with PSO on the Box and understandably so. Many people are also worried about how voice chat will affect the lobby as well. In game it will likely be you can hear everyone, in the lobby it will probably be like other Live games where you can only hear people and talk to people from a certain radius. Plus if you don't like voice chat don't use it; use the USB adapter for your keyboard : )

WraithAkaMrak
Jan 5, 2003, 09:28 PM
Why is it that so many people show distaste for the Xbox version solely because of voice chat?

Sedyne
Jan 5, 2003, 09:48 PM
On 2003-01-05 10:05, Elixer wrote:

as if it didn't happen enough allready just at a slower pace? btw there is MUTE fuinction on it. so i don't see it being a problem.

hollowtip
Jan 5, 2003, 11:13 PM
Wait for Box PSO. Voice chat is going to be awesome, and hunter license fees may or may not be charged with the addition of the $50 live fee.

hollowtip
Jan 5, 2003, 11:13 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-01-05 20:14 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jan 5, 2003, 11:52 PM
On 2003-01-05 08:44, rena-ko wrote:
hm? less money?
he's selling his x-box for cube and pso... so additional costs are a bba/modem and the hunters licence (i take out costs for the quest to get a keyboard here).
then on x-box he'll pay for the game, x-box-live and any hunters licence-fee sega dares to want.
i'd say, its pretty much the same when not less (depends on how many games he wants to play online besides pso... one live-fee for all games yadda yadda, no other onlinegames official for cube blablabla)...

hmm You're right, must be that I see buying a system so expensive but I forgot he's trading it in. Well if he's trading it in then he must consider if he would want other games for Xbox I guess.

Oh and yes there's the mute button like everyone has already stated http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and yes the lobby would probably work like most live games ^_^ (a la moto GP) That'd be awesome : ) and the keyboard option is also a great plus

Metal_Gear
Jan 6, 2003, 01:31 AM
I think if you've got broadband and already own an Xbox as well as if you're only getting the 'Cube based on PSO that you'd be better off waiting and getting it on Xbox. You have the choice of voice chat or keyboard chat. I don't see any problems with that at all. Whereas the GCN version will (hopefully by the time the Xbox version comes out) just be getting a keyboard here in the U.S.

PSOjedi
Jan 6, 2003, 07:21 AM
On 2003-01-05 04:13, dvs69 wrote:
Shit I am getting very worried because I am about 1 day from selling my xbox for around 250 to purchase a gamecube with pso but people are telling me to wait for xbox version to come out....AHHH DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHEN IT WILL COME OUT BESIDES THE 2 DATES I KNOW ALREADY! MAY AND FEBUARY?!

There is already cheaters on PSO Gamecube Servers and if you sell your Xbox for a Cube then you will have to purchase, the game, a keyboard, the modem or BBA, pay for hunter licence, and play with cheaters online.

I tell you, keep your XBOX and in 1 month PSO XBOX will come out. It's not so hard to wait. And if you have already experienced XBOX-Live then you know what are the advantages of the Live compared to nintendo online (I should say SEGA servers because nintendo has no online plans itself)

KEEP YOUR XBOX AND WAIT FOR PSO... just like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOjedi on 2003-01-06 04:29 ]</font>

GreatGino
Jan 6, 2003, 02:32 PM
i almost broke down and bought a gc when pso came out, but then i realized i dint wanna pay 150 bucks for a system i only like a few games on right now. (im NOT bashing gc, nintendo is great, its jus not appealing to me yet...bring more mario, samus, and link and ill be set). but as for psox, xbox is where its at. it wouldnt make sense for ST to charge for a hunters license since m$ will be hosting the servers and already milks the cash cow for the XBL service. yes, i agree that the little kids screaming in your ear is annoying, especially in games like ghost recon. cmon now, 4 year olds shouldnt be exposed to that much death. but, you jus fight fire with fire! with the click of a few menus, i jus turn on the annoying "child" or "cartoon" voice, and theyre instantly more annoyed than i was to begin with. ah, i cant wait! and if you get sick of talking, you can always resort to the keyboard (and i dont need to buy a usb adapter, but those reasons will remain here nor there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), or you could jus use simple symbol chat.

post your gamertags people! i got GR and unreal on live, but i play mech assault on gamespy and xbconnect.
And get ready! PSOX is coming.....

XBL Gamertag: GinoX