PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team and OUR money...

Roontek
Jan 5, 2003, 08:06 AM
I think that if we are paying Sonic Team $10.00 a month to play this game, they should at least try and spend the money on finding ways to stop duping and hacking, but in all reality, I don't know what they do with our money, but I wouuld hope that they would start to spend it on research like that...

2Xtreme
Jan 5, 2003, 05:01 PM
You're right. I agree.

EDIT: Prepare for flames and comments something along the lines of "Do you think PSO is all Sonic Team has to work on???!!!111"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 2Xtreme on 2003-01-05 14:02 ]</font>

Dyras
Jan 5, 2003, 07:30 PM
Do you think PSO is all Sonic Team has to work on? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

neko-chan
Jan 5, 2003, 08:06 PM
Duping doesn't bother me that much. I just hope they will fix that fucking BSOD problem. Tonight I got four or five of them. Couldn't finish Challenge 5... sometimes couldn't even start it. u.u;;;

Roontek
Jan 6, 2003, 01:14 AM
well, in a way I think that it is #1 on their list, but it seems nothing is being done at the moment, i.e. them comming out and saying that they are working on issues and what not.

BrokenHope
Jan 6, 2003, 07:37 AM
On 2003-01-05 17:06, neko-chan wrote:
Duping doesn't bother me that much. I just hope they will fix that fucking BSOD problem. Tonight I got four or five of them. Couldn't finish Challenge 5... sometimes couldn't even start it. u.u;;;

The BSOD is because you're using PPPoE connected directly to the GC without using the ICS which you was previously using with problems :/

neko-chan
Jan 6, 2003, 08:26 AM
Aaand so? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. >_>

Ness
Jan 6, 2003, 04:21 PM
They are spending our money aon making sure the JP players have a fun time. Whatever's left they use on other projects.

Eum
Jan 6, 2003, 04:35 PM
Oh, Ness, and what new quests have the Japanese recieved lately? Yes, thank you.

Ness
Jan 6, 2003, 04:43 PM
On 2003-01-06 13:35, Vocal wrote:
Oh, Ness, and what new quests have the Japanese recieved lately? Yes, thank you.

In this case it was sarcasm, but I think there is some kind of conspiracy going on.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 6, 2003, 06:36 PM
Didnt we have this same rant on the DC version?

Vantamiath
Jan 6, 2003, 07:02 PM
You see, after we pay $10 a month, the Japanese gamers get what we call a "game pal" randomly selected by a computer, it's similar to a "pen pal" only in this deal, ST signs up a japanese gamer with one of the US gamers, every month they recieve $9 in the mail from their "game pal".

Don't you just love giving?

rena-ko
Jan 11, 2003, 08:31 AM
lol

and there was me, thinking americans pay double-hl because you pay for your fellow european buddies as well ^^;

(lets wait and see if we have to pay too, this time)

Ness
Jan 11, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-01-06 16:02, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
You see, after we pay $10 a month, the Japanese gamers get what we call a "game pal" randomly selected by a computer, it's similar to a "pen pal" only in this deal, ST signs up a japanese gamer with one of the US gamers, every month they recieve $9 in the mail from their "game pal".

Don't you just love giving?

If you're seious then that'
s the most horrible thing that they could do to us.

LollipopLolita
Jan 12, 2003, 12:38 AM
regarding the hl pricing differences. think about economic situations. they might pay less to us, but over there it might be of the same "value"

you'd have to price things differently depending on the situation to appeal to the consumers

BlackRose
Jan 13, 2003, 10:21 AM
On 2003-01-06 15:36, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Didnt we have this same rant on the DC version?

Yeah, we did. I think one hears the same kind of rant whenever people have to pay for something.

Sonic Team is a business, and just like any other corporate business, they're in it for the money. The fuller the pockets, the better.

That's how I look at it anyway.

Vantamiath
Jan 13, 2003, 06:28 PM
Their pockets arent gonna be full if they offer crap service to us...oh gee, February 18th and we still got Xmas lobbys!

Allow me to summarize.

-We pay way more then JP users (For whatever reasons) and get worse service. We dont get the same content, it takes longer for US ships to get new material, we get crappy service in general.

(No PSO's on the shelves, lack of BBA and DIAL UP MODEMS in store shelves, obviously no USA KB...)

But bitching about it is useless, if youve been around since the DC days you know that ST is gonna rob the US gamers from what they deserve. I guess if you feel the price is to high, just cancel your HL....which many ppl may consider if the ball doesnt geta' rollin.

BlackRose
Jan 14, 2003, 12:58 PM
They're not robbing you, you're giving them your money willingly. It's your choice whether or not to play the game.

Vantamiath
Jan 14, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-01-13 15:28, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
ST is gonna rob the US gamers from what they deserve.

No further questions, your honor.