PDA

View Full Version : Made armor = Bad stats

TeamPhalanx
Jan 5, 2003, 09:05 AM
That's right. If you make an armor using a SPIRIT GARMENT, the stats of that armor will be inferior to the same armor that can be found in the game.

I had a SPIRIT GARMENT & Magic Rock "moola" and made an AURA FIELD, and when compared to an AURA FIELD that was found, the stats were horrible. With Level 20 Deband, the found armor had 100 more DFP than the made one. The BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE I was using (found) had only 3 less DFP than the made AURA FIELD.

So, if you have either a Star Amplifier or Magic Rock "moola," I'd urge you to make the FOrce weapons or trade them off. If you want a BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE or AURA FIELD, ask a REDRIA or ORAN, respectively, to go hunting with/for you. I guess the LOVE HEART isn't that bad, since you can't find one.

Also, this means that the best (known) armor in the game is the AURA FIELD, since its stats can surpass that was the VIRUS WEAR.

Whatley
Jan 5, 2003, 01:44 PM
That's good to know. Of course I will probably never see a star amplifier or another magic rock.

sepphie
Jan 5, 2003, 02:50 PM
Whatley, I have both. would you like to trade for one of them??

Blue-Hawk
Jan 5, 2003, 03:31 PM
well, since i cant go online, i think i will be content with my inferior armor. hell, it was far better than the armor i was using at the time. a 4 slot guardian armor i had for at least 30 levels.

VeRiOwnzyou
Jan 5, 2003, 06:28 PM
That's why I love my REDRIA so far I've got 2 Custom Armor Ver.00 1 of which I made into 4 slots and lost transferring items to another character offline and a Sacred Cloth I'm so desperately waiting to use.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 5, 2003, 06:31 PM
Throw away that SACRED CLOTH, as its stats are horrible. GUARD WAVE, LUMINIOUS FIELD, and BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE are much better.

VulpesMundi
Jan 5, 2003, 08:01 PM
Sacred Cloth prevents paralysis. Stats aren't everything, especially when you're a non-droid and sorely missing the State/Maintenance. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Jan 5, 2003, 10:59 PM
Paralysis is nothing; Antiparalysis is always available in the shops, and I've never been in a situation where I ran out of them.

Both Poison and Paralysis are minor nuisance, while slow, confuse, shock, and freeze are the big problems.

Whatley
Jan 6, 2003, 05:54 AM
On 2003-01-05 11:50, sepphie wrote:
Whatley, I have both. would you like to trade for one of them??

Nah. I want to try and find them on my own if I can. Plus they aren't very high on my to get list.

Mute
Jan 6, 2003, 09:59 AM
On 2003-01-05 19:59, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Paralysis is nothing; Antiparalysis is always available in the shops, and I've never been in a situation where I ran out of them.

Both Poison and Paralysis are minor nuisance, while slow, confuse, shock, and freeze are the big problems.

I agree. I think Sacred Cloths lvl requirement is way to high as well. To wait for something like that, you should expect Prevent/Megid or something like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

VulpesMundi
Jan 6, 2003, 11:27 AM
Different strokes for different folks. I personally would like the ability to avoid being paralyzed and not having to carry around Antiparalysis. Of course I'm speaking from the fact that Sacred Cloth is the best armor I've found so far (Flowen's Frame absolutely sucks - it's worse than most basic armor), so if I manage across something better I may very well change my mind. lol

Blue-Hawk
Jan 6, 2003, 04:52 PM
On 2003-01-06 08:27, VulpesMundi wrote:
Different strokes for different folks. I personally would like the ability to avoid being paralyzed and not having to carry around Antiparalysis. Of course I'm speaking from the fact that Sacred Cloth is the best armor I've found so far (Flowen's Frame absolutely sucks - it's worse than most basic armor), so if I manage across something better I may very well change my mind. lol

2 solutions to that.
1- play as an android
2- aquire a cure/paralyze

i finally got my cure/shock and ultimate episode 2 is only a little less nasty.

gunome
Jan 7, 2003, 05:56 PM
thx for the insight, twinkle star here i come!!!! good thing i just found an aura field woohuu! ":P