PDA

View Full Version : Getting X-Fire to work with AoI

BahnKnakyu
Nov 22, 2007, 01:35 AM
Been trying to get X-Fire to work with AoI. I got it to detect the EXE, but the X-Fire ingame won't work.

What I did was open the xfire_games.ini and copy and paste the PSU entry they had to a new entry, and changed the ID to something that was unused (5200).

It looks like this.

[5200]
LongName=PSU: Ambition of Illuminus
ShortName=psuaoi
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoft WindowsCurrentVersionUninstallPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Ambition of the Illuminus_is1UninstallString
LauncherDirTruncAt=uninstunins000.exe
LauncherExe=online.exe
DetectExe=PsuIlluminus.exe
PlayingDetectType=ByWindow
ProcessWindowTitle=Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=VALIDATE_USING_EXE_NAME|USE_DINPUT1|DI SPATCH_CONURE_MESSAGES

I modified ProcessWindowTitle= to the name of the game in Windowed mode (Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus). I also changed the DetectExe to PsuIlluminus.exe

After that I loaded X-Fire and pointed to where the game directory was. Tried to use the ingame, but it didn't work. I assume they didnt do much to the core engine itself, so I'm wondering why this isn't working. When I choose Tools --> Launch --> PSU: AoI it loads the launcher just fine.

I dunno, anyone know what I can change to make it work? I know we can wait for it, but I remember waiting about a month for the X-Fire guys to update the program to make it work with PSU.

Starrz
Nov 22, 2007, 03:38 PM
I'd like to know myself. :/