PDA

View Full Version : 10* R MAG Ebrozke (question)

Stixx
Nov 22, 2007, 05:03 AM
I've been using this R MAG for a few runs and have a question for those who have played the JP version of AOI (as they've had more exposure to the weapon). Is there anything special about this R MAG aside from the fact that it shoots a laser?

It's damage is on par with my 8* only if it hits 3 enemies per shot...

Remedy
Nov 22, 2007, 05:21 AM
Stronger SE, I'd imagine.

Nuclearranger
Nov 22, 2007, 10:08 AM
I cant find a use for it eather... shadoogs are so far useless...

Rashiid
Nov 22, 2007, 10:10 AM
Confuse is nice....and its a damn Shadoog, not mag.

AlphaDragoon
Nov 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-11-22 07:10, Rashiid wrote:
Confuse is nice....and its a damn Shadoog, not mag.

You play JP AOI? No...? Then it's a R-Mag.

Zorak000
Nov 22, 2007, 11:35 AM
make it ground, and it STUNS

Pengfishh
Nov 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-11-22 08:30, AlphaDragoon wrote:

Do you, son? I sure don't, and I suspect 90% of the folks here don't either.

jayster
Nov 22, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-11-22 08:39, Pengfishh wrote:

That means they are R-Mag's and Tech-Mag's.

Pengfishh
Nov 22, 2007, 11:43 AM
No doubt about what it means, I'm just making a point of what they are versus who uses what terms. Contextually, these terms are foreign (quite literally) so let's just leave 'em out, since everyone that uses them is having to clarify what the fuck they mean by using terms that all are familiar with. Just use the familiar terms, yeah?

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
ummm one point to the 10* SHAG (I win =D)is that it looks like one of those red sharks from PSOs caves =/ and it looks flippin' cool with those guns XD

Stixx
Nov 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, right now I'm using it for the sheer coolness factor of having a MAG that shoots lasers. Also, it sets larger enemies on fire fairly consistently, and have noticed that the wait time between lasers is shorter than the wait between volleys from the A rank R MAGs.

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 01:10 PM
umm they are SHAGs, the MAGs are the techer ones.....

Aviendha
Nov 22, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-11-22 07:08, NuclearRanger wrote:
I cant find a use for it eather... shadoogs are so far useless...

Shadoogs are pretty sweet free damage while you use a PA.

omegapirate2k
Nov 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-11-22 10:10, Hokokaru wrote:
umm they are SHAGs, the MAGs are the techer ones.....

Dude you stole my naming scheme.

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 08:36 PM
Ive been using that naming scheme lol just look around in the other boards. also ive called them that since ive seen those beta pics from a while back XD

Sekani
Nov 22, 2007, 08:49 PM
R-mag, madoog... we all know what they mean (except me, I perpetually get the JP names confused), so if you feel the need to correct someone, you're an idiot.

EDIT: See below.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-11-22 18:22 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Nov 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
God. The names are Shadoog and Madoog, man. Stop calling them by those retarded names.

Stixx
Nov 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
Well, I was looking through some shops today and SEGA has RCSM and TCSM (Ranged Combat Support Machine, Tech Combat Support Machine I assume).

Seeing as how that's on the shop list next to known names such as Claw, Twin Claw, Double Saber, and Rifle, I'm going to take it that this is what SEGA intended them to be called in the English/EU game.

Now, you can call them what you want. From now on I'm going to call them RCSM and TCSM. You can call them Shadoogs, Madoogs, whatever. Next time though, please don't hijack my thread and start an arguement that is already in twenty other threads.

KamiSori
Nov 23, 2007, 03:17 AM
im totally callin them shags and mags from now on.....

pikachief
Nov 23, 2007, 03:27 AM
im calling them cool.

Krisan
Nov 23, 2007, 03:30 AM
On 2007-11-22 18:37, Stixx wrote:
Well, I was looking through some shops today and SEGA has RCSM and TCSM (Ranged Combat Support Machine, Tech Combat Support Machine I assume).

Seeing as how that's on the shop list next to known names such as Claw, Twin Claw, Double Saber, and Rifle, I'm going to take it that this is what SEGA intended them to be called in the English/EU game.

Now, you can call them what you want. From now on I'm going to call them RCSM and TCSM. You can call them Shadoogs, Madoogs, whatever. Next time though, please don't hijack my thread and start an arguement that is already in twenty other threads.

That's the problem though, people are bitching about Shadoog's and Madoog's being the JP only name, but Sega has officially listed those two names on their site when referring to these weapons, so it really isn't anymore incorrect than anything else.. Because likewise, the game itself lists these as R-MAG's and TECH-MAG's on synth boards.. and as you said, RCSM and TCSM in the shop search..

That's THREE names Sega has given both items.. I don't understand why they wanted to make it so confusing, but as it is we need to settle on a standard, I think.. And Shadoog and Madoog is probably going to be it, since they've been known months longer than the other two.

pikachief
Nov 23, 2007, 03:33 AM
shadoogs are confusing in everyway about them >.>

madoogs just the name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Krisan
Nov 23, 2007, 03:42 AM
Well I personally am with Stixx in my preference over RCSM and TCSM for their names, but it hardly matters seeing as Madoog and Shadoog are most likely sticking as the standard anyway, no matter how much a few people complain..

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/Chuckri/PSU%20360/6c850ca7.jpg

DanMalak
Nov 23, 2007, 05:30 AM
On 2007-11-23 02:21, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/Chuckri/PSU%20360/6c850ca7.jpg

Wow thanks for the chart, I never knew how much SE I was adding.

and for the OP, the 10 * shadoog is a lot better then the 8 * star one because it hits multiple monsters. I have a dark one which causes confusion and it owns in big groups because then not only do I get hit less, the monsters are blocking the path to get to me since usually half of them are confused and trying to attack the other monster. Which gives me plently of time to finish them with a couple of slicer pa's.

I dont know why people say shadoogs are terrable because to me, they are the best left handed wep, even better then xbow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NeoTeppin
Nov 23, 2007, 10:34 AM
That charts gonna help a lot, cuz i was gonna make a fire 10* shadoog, but i might make it ground now for the stuns.

AlphaDragoon
Nov 23, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-11-22 08:39, Pengfishh wrote:

That's my point. People need to get over the fact that Sega renamed them for US and just learn the new names.

Aviendha
Nov 24, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-11-22 02:03, Stixx wrote:
I've been using this R MAG for a few runs and have a question for those who have played the JP version of AOI (as they've had more exposure to the weapon). Is there anything special about this R MAG aside from the fact that it shoots a laser?

Yeah, the laser is garbage. I'd rather have the 8* ones anyday. I bought an Ebrozike for 130K (lol he probably meant 1.3 mil) and I want my money back. Selling it for 500K and buying a couple more Galdikes. Only laser one that seems worth it is the Soniti we didn't get as it does knockup and hp steal.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 2, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-11-24 20:47, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-11-22 02:03, Stixx wrote:

Yeah, the laser is garbage. I'd rather have the 8* ones anyday. I bought an Ebrozike for 130K (lol he probably meant 1.3 mil) and I want my money back. Selling it for 500K and buying a couple more Galdikes. Only laser one that seems worth it is the Soniti we didn't get as it does knockup and hp steal.

except shadoog is for SE, not for damage IMO

THE JACKEL

Gen2000
Dec 2, 2007, 07:15 PM
They can be for both SEs and Damage, at least the bullet ones. The laser firerate is too slow to effectively add onto damage of your slicer or any other weapon damage so you better off just using it for the immobile type SEs.

I don't see how adding 1k-1.5 damage on top of your melee damage is a bad thing. I do this as a Cast AF, so I'm sure the fleshy classes can do much better.

Anyone who don't see the use of the laser probably don't solo or play in low man parties a lot.

Neith
Dec 2, 2007, 08:52 PM
With Ebrozike, I can walk into a room, fire off a Slicer PA, and by the time it's done, at least 1-2 of the group I was attacking are confused (Dark Ebrozike).

So, then you're hitting them with the stupidly broken Slicer PA, and confusing them to make them kill each other too. If you use it right, it causes chaos. The fire-rate isn't that slow either. I'd say roughly one shot every 1.5-2 seconds, for 450-500 damage (Lv80 Newman aF) a shot, on multiple targets, plus Lv4? Confusion.

To clarify though, I still do use a Galdike- the burst fire is more useful against certain situations, but Ebrozike's piercing shot is extremely useful if you know how to use it.

AlphaDragoon
Dec 3, 2007, 09:49 AM
LOL, lasers useless?

Ground Ebrozike wreaks havoc on entire groups on enemies. Stun then beat the hell outta them with PA of choice, done.