PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Meh... Need Some Help, Here...

Phoenix_Black
Nov 22, 2007, 01:25 PM
I didn't get much help in tech support, seeing as the traffic, there, is slow... So, I'll post here...

Ok, I started downloading this on Tuesday. I start at about 2 p.m. I take a nap, and wake up to find that after an hour and forty minutes, I get message saying "Unable to download." I restart my X-box and try to redownload it. From 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., THE NEXT DAY, I manage to get only 27% downloaded. I wake up this morning to find that the stupid thing had reverted back to zero. I had turned off the X-Box off last night, so it wasn't on over night... I've tried clearing out as much space on my hardrive as possible... Another weoird thing was that the percentage would not change while the X-Box was on after 4%. I had to turn it off after about an hour for it to maybe go up 1%.... I'm trying to redownload it again... This thing is just a pain...

I've restarted several times, now, as there have been no progress on any tries after the above one... Everytime I turn off my xbox after this point, the percent goes back to zero...

Should I delete the download from my memory? Will I have to pay the twenty dollars again?

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 01:36 PM
Mine has similar problems -_- but i started mine again last night and i got it up to 59% and it just stayed there whenever i checked it so i stopped it for now and im gonna try leaving it on tonite aswell to see if it will load all the way to 100% while its at 59%, if not ill start it earlier in the day and then go to bed and wake up with hope that it works

-if it still doesnt work then my bro will get his friend to hook me up tomorrow with his connection

Turb0
Nov 22, 2007, 01:39 PM
Not sure why this would work but you could try turning the background downloads on and turning the 360 off right after you start the download. That's what I did and it worked fine, but then this is the first I'm hearing of people not being able to download it so idk.

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 01:39 PM
also you can delete it lol I did that multiple times cuz mine kept freezing so i deleted it and started another download up cuz its virtually already paid for since the first download=D

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
I did that when its off but it takes power still and it gets far enough and then when I check it it stays at that percent

Phoenix_Black
Nov 22, 2007, 01:47 PM
How do you turn on background download?

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 01:48 PM
i think its in settings somewhere

EDIT:also while its on your xbox will sound like its on when you first turn it off so keep it like that when every 10 seconds the ring of light flashes then the background downloads working...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hokokaru on 2007-11-22 10:51 ]</font>

Phoenix_Black
Nov 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
I can't seemm to find it... This really blows...

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 02:07 PM
ill check mine and tell you where its at, but its not labled like that, its mixed in with nother setting

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
It was moved, but heres your instructions:
-go to the Settings blade on dashboard
-Choose console settings
-Choose the shutdown option
-Choose Background download
-Set to enable
-turn off xbox while download is on and push the console button 1 time like i said earlier
- leave it there for a while and if it keeps messiong up do like im doing and find someone that can let you use theyre connection

Phoenix_Black
Nov 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks, I got it! Hopefully it works....

Hokokaru
Nov 22, 2007, 02:47 PM
same here lol

Phoenix_Black
Nov 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
If it does, maybe we coul play, sometime?

Fredrick
Nov 24, 2007, 09:33 PM
I had a similar problem, but my xbox was also freezing and I could barely navigate through the menus. It also kep telling me the AOI download was complete when it wasn't. And kept restarting.

It was definitely an HDD problem. The only way I was able to fit it was to reformat the drive. It took a few tries before it was even able to do that. It did work though and was then able to download it with no problem.