PDA

View Full Version : random freezing

Masou
Nov 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
so i'll just randomly freeze while running, attacking, typing (a lot while typing), or whatever.
it's rather annoying.
should it continue with no resolution. i will quit.
i dont want to quit :/
anyone wanna help please?
posted this on PSU forums, but of course noone there yet knows how to fix it. only found one other person with my same problem.
i have noticed, that the process will jump (in task manager) from 40%-60% a lot while playing, and it jumped to 99% during one of my freezes.
my 2nd freeze it jumped to 60%
i only watched it long enough for those 2 freezes, but still. :/

Masou
Nov 22, 2007, 01:30 PM
I have an ATI-Radeon 9550 and 1 1/2 gigs of ram. this is happening WITHOUT me running MSN, AIM, or Itunes, which i could run all of just fine with PSU.

Maxson
Nov 22, 2007, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure if this is the same problem I was having- the game would just freeze for 5-10 seconds every now and then, which made playing impossible. For me, I found two things that helped:

1. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=21715 Follow the instructions here to use AutoGear, which boosts the performance of PSU by forcing the computer to devote more processing power to it. This cut down the freezing to almost zero.

2. If the freezing is still too much for you to play, turn off the music in the pre-game Options menu; that helped me even without AutoGear. Turning off both music and sound got rid of the freezing completely, but no music and no sound kinda sucks.

I hope that helps; random freezing completely ruins the game.

Masou
Nov 24, 2007, 04:30 AM
you can play with sound effects, but not music, it seems.
this auto-gear...does it work?
i'd love to hear PSU music again :/
i like the new/old music.

Masou
Nov 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
it worked! thank you!!!