PDA

View Full Version : AotI: you thought it was over...

Biollante
Nov 23, 2007, 02:42 AM
I was doing the lightning beast mission today and i saw a person doing the machine gun glitch... he seemed to have it down pretty good too. Has anyone else seen this, because this would be the reason i leave this game. I thought it was gone for good!
This is 100% NO JOKE. and is 100% really sh!ty. F that glitch.

Kion
Nov 23, 2007, 02:45 AM
this has been posted several times since AoI came out actually. but for the love of god, can some one please explain the advantage of using this glitch? isn't constant firing what a machingun does anyway?

Powder Keg
Nov 23, 2007, 02:45 AM
Leave the game for something like this? lmfao

Biollante
Nov 23, 2007, 02:47 AM
you kidding me?! maybe the glitch wasn't as popular on the pc/ps2... but holy crap every party i found had at LEAST 2 glitchers. Cheating=No fun

watashiwa
Nov 23, 2007, 02:49 AM
It is over.

Just view this spoiler for more info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNa8CGx6dk

Aviva
the glitch WAS kinda ok for the cup missions to get them done in time and all...but when higher levels start blasting everything down in moments and not letting the honest players get a hit in....it sucks

maybe if you wanted to be cheap and get all your firing Pa's leveled fast and locked the mission it wouldnt be SO annoying...but like i said before...still cheap

DarthRuin
Saw this awhile back in Colony, thought it was pretty lulzy.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/Desuken/mechgun.jpg

in b4 mod edit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthRuin on 2007-11-22 23:50 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 23, 2007, 02:50 AM
Politely remind them than machinegun damage now utterly blows compared to melee.

If that doesn't make them stop, then just blacklist and boot.

Or just do that first.

Powder Keg
Nov 23, 2007, 02:50 AM
On 2007-11-22 23:47, Biollante wrote:
you kidding me?! maybe the glitch wasn't as popular on the pc/ps2... but holy crap every party i found had at LEAST 2 glitchers. Cheating=No fun

I don't believe you. I find it hard to run into players who even USE mechguns. It's a stupid glitch.

It's not like they're running around with a Spread Needle+99 from PSO. You can do far worse damage with anything else in this game. To say you're going to leave because of something like this is laughable, and letting someone control your actions.

Biollante
Nov 23, 2007, 02:57 AM
lol artea! the number of times i've been booted from a party JUST because i'm not using the glitch is in the double digits... and NO weapon in this game can out do the DPS that this glitch can do. this is going to suck big balls.

Kion
Nov 23, 2007, 02:58 AM
agreed. with the att mods on the ultimate melee PA's; they'd have to get seriously nerfed for mech guns to be at a level of comparable damage.

Powder Keg
Nov 23, 2007, 04:00 AM
On 2007-11-22 23:57, Biollante wrote:
lol artea! the number of times i've been booted from a party JUST because i'm not using the glitch is in the double digits... and NO weapon in this game can out do the DPS that this glitch can do. this is going to suck big balls.

lol, then I'm sorry that you are a magnet for morons.

Majarra > Mechgun glitch
Slicer PA > Mechgun glitch

Just to name a few. If mechguns even did close to that kind of damage then I'd start to worry.

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 04:36 AM
Bye.

Can I have your Diads and Relic Edges?

Bitey
Nov 23, 2007, 05:24 AM
and NO weapon in this game can out do the DPS that this glitch can do. this is going to suck big balls.

I am sorry, but those must be some flawed DPS calculations you are reading or you have a different definition of DPS than the rest of the world.

It makes no logical sense at all that the Mechgun glitch can out DPS everything in the game. Mechguns shoot 240 bullets a minute. Crossbows and Shotguns also shoot 240 bullets a minute with Crossbow bullets dealing more damage per hit than Mechgun bullets and Shotgun bullets each being able to hit two targets instead of one. There are two weapons, right off the bat, that are even usable by most classes that can also use a Mechgun, that can out DPS the Mechgun glitch.

Aka
Nov 23, 2007, 06:46 AM
Go search "Mechgun glitch" on youtube and then say it isn't as strong as melee. There are a few videos on there that show how ridiculously overpowering it was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-11-25 12:48 ]</font>

Krisan
Nov 23, 2007, 06:50 AM
On 2007-11-23 02:24, Bitey wrote:

and NO weapon in this game can out do the DPS that this glitch can do. this is going to suck big balls.

I am sorry, but those must be some flawed DPS calculations you are reading or you have a different definition of DPS than the rest of the world.

It makes no logical sense at all that the Mechgun glitch can out DPS everything in the game. Mechguns shoot 240 bullets a minute. Crossbows and Shotguns also shoot 240 bullets a minute with Crossbow bullets dealing more damage per hit than Mechgun bullets and Shotgun bullets each being able to hit two targets instead of one. There are two weapons, right off the bat, that are even usable by most classes that can also use a Mechgun, that can out DPS the Mechgun glitch.

Supposedly, the glitch can make your firerate double or triple as well.. So yes, being able to shoot twice as many mech bullets and do so infinitely will indeed out-dps just about everything else. =P

That said though, the original method was indeed patched with AoI.. it is just, theres always been another method to execute it with, and I'm not sure Sega can do much about that one, if it is what I am thinking.. (I've never actually done it or seen how it was done, so I might be wrong.. but yea.)

MetalIdol876
Nov 23, 2007, 06:54 AM
M-Gun glitch? Well, whenever I decide to use them i'm just gonna hold the button down like it's supposed to be done...

All I use are Madoogs, Shadoogs, Wands, 1h Sabers and my ever expanding collection of Whips. The only gun I might use is the Arb Magana... if I can get a picture of it to see if it looks cool enough to warrant buying such a low PP weapon...

F-Gattaca
Nov 23, 2007, 07:03 AM
Odd. I've not once seen the SMG glitch used after the patch, ever. Not even from the guys I know who abused it to hell and back.

I still love machineguns though, and I stand by them. I don't care if I can't do the damage the rest of you are doing, because by God, I can make foes shimmy like it's 1999!

Oh, and SEs are always nice.

Bitey
Nov 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
Well, regardless if it is doubling the fire rate and what not, now that it is harder to do you can report the few people using it for violating the game EULA and they will either get banned or suspended.

Noblewine
Nov 26, 2007, 01:25 AM
Any manipulating of a glitch is illegal and will result in being banned. I only know a couple but their small glitches like seeing through the wall and seeing through the floor. 0.0 However people probably know about the wall glitch though it doesn't really do anything but it's neat. Anyways, just BL the morons using it. I had one person in my party during 1up asking if we did the mech-gun glitch and most of the people I do runs with don't so don't take it so hard Sega is doing their best to make the game fun they have minor flaws in their creation.

Ashkahn
Nov 27, 2007, 07:37 PM
I actually spotted one person in my party using the MG Glitch. I used my BL / Boot combo on him.

I thought that atrocitiy was fixed. Guess not.