PDA

View Full Version : Nosudiga versus Nosuzonde/Nosumegid

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
So I have Nosuzonde - I've had it for a very long time, and I'm quite happy with it. Just picked up Nosudiga today, after having several FTs give me hell about "lol y dont u have nosdiga (sic) yet", and, well, I'm trying to wrap my brain around why everyone jacks it to this spell. It has the exact same forced between-shot delay that Nosumegid and Nosuzonde have, and that's why everyone proclaims that they "suck"... Except Nosudiga sucks just the same way.

Am I wrong in thinking that, if Nosudiga didn't have the ability at 21+ to hit one target three times, no one at ALL would use it, just like no one at all uses Nosuzonde/Nosumegid?

MSAksion
Nov 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
3 Homing Orbs doing 1000+ to up to 3 targets or doing 3000+ to one target point blank is awesome. In the 1cup i stood in the middle of go Vahra and just let loose. Whether they were even directly behind me it would track and find them.

On criticals vs lightning monsters i was pulling 1700 times 3 bolts at only lvl 28 Nosdiga with a lvl 99 FT newearl and a well grinded Howrod.

Plus Stun level 2 though rare when it lands its awesome.

When Diga is too slow and the monsters are too spread out for radiga to hit them all - use NosDiga. Even if they're directly behind you it will track them.

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 01:30 PM
When the enemies are too spread out, I Gidiga. I don't use Ra- techs. My current setup looks like

Halarod 1: Damubarta and Gibarta (Though this may get phased out for something new. No idea what.)
Halarod 2: Gifoie and Damumegid
Halarod 3: Nosuzonde and Gizonde
Halarod 4: Gidiga and Nosudiga (formerly Diga)

Like I said. If it didn't hit one target three times, it would never be used. My Gidiga hits harder than I've seen people's Nosudigas hit, and casts just as fast if not faster when you couple in the delay of Nosudiga. Plus, it hits things behind me, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-11-23 09:52, Remedy wrote:
Am I wrong in thinking that, if Nosudiga didn't have the ability at 21+ to hit one target three times, no one at ALL would use it, just like no one at all uses Nosuzonde/Nosumegid?

It could be the Earth element instead of lightning. Parum has Halarods, but why in god's green goodness would a techer go to Moatoob?

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 01:45 PM
...To help friends of theirs hunt things they need? (See: Gunners and Desta/Barret, Hunters and Mungrunk/11* spear, etc)

Xencia
Nov 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
I love Nosdiga as my secondary single target damage tech after Foie. I hate the way Diga looks and Nosdiga fills in nicely,but I wouldn't use it instead of an AE tech when the chance is there.

stukasa
Nov 23, 2007, 02:14 PM
I don't have Noszonde or Nosmegid so I can't speak for those. As for Nosdiga, there are definitely times when it has its uses. For example, it works great against fast/annoying enemies like Goshin and the humanoid enemies (Rogues, Newmans, etc.). It has a long range and can even track enemies behind you. When you're standing between two enemies, sometimes the 'snakes' will split up and hit both targets. Also, the stun is really great--when it works (it's only SE2 so it's not 100% reliable or anything). However, Nosdiga is basically worthless until you get it to level 21, and the delay between shots means that it won't be replacing Diga anytime soon. One example is against Grinna Betes: they attack with so many bullets that Nosdiga usually gets interrupted. I always stick to Diga when fighting them. I love Nosdiga but it's definitely better in some situations than others.

Esufer
Nov 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
That's odd, I don't remember all these imaginary and unnecessary 'u's in these technique names.

Inazuma
Nov 23, 2007, 03:04 PM
wow, i cant believe you waited this long to get nosudeega, remedy. why dont you try leveling it to 21 before you complain about it. its one of the very best techs in the game.

Inazuma
Nov 23, 2007, 03:08 PM
forum lag

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2007-11-23 13:09 ]</font>

Inazuma
Nov 23, 2007, 03:12 PM
forum lag

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2007-11-23 13:08 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
It's more that I wanted other techs first (see: Megid, Nosuzonde, Giresta, Megiverse), and didn't see the appeal of Nosudiga.

To everyone proclaiming it as the second coming of Christ, answer this question honestly: Would you use Nosudiga if it did not hit a single target three times at 21+? (As in, it wouldn't hit a boss like De Ragnus three times, only once)

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2007, 04:45 PM
... uh, I thought nosdiga was the second coming of christ because it can hit one target three times. It certainly doesn't chase flyers and cause knockdown like other Nos techs do, or launch targets into the air like it does offline mode. SOMETHING has to make it worth learning along with the bread and butter attack techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-11-23 13:51 ]</font>

drizzle
Nov 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
Nosu Diiga is a pretty good single-target spell. used to have it but deleted it because I had a cap of 20 as WT and all and it isn't that good before 21.... but I'll be getting it again now!

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 05:00 PM
That was the whole point of my topic, Panzer. XD I just want to know why a spell that behaves just like Nosuzonde and Nosumegid is proclaimed to be the best fucking spell ever when Nosuzonde and Nosumegid are typically considered to be shit.

I feel otherwise on the part of Nosuzonde, but *shrug* Being completely invincible against three mobs that are susceptible to knockdown is pretty damn good in my book.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2007, 05:21 PM
The way I cast techs doesn't really allow for any sort of favoritism.

Remedy
Nov 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
Protransers can cast techs now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
Nosedigger is just like Diga, except better DPS.

Rizen
Nov 24, 2007, 12:48 PM
And higher PP cost. I suppose if you get both to a high level and you are looking for DPS and lazy aiming rather than conserving, Nosdiga is the way to go.

And yes Remedy, PTs can cast techs....we just put them in Trap form. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pandorasbox
Nov 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm a fan of the Diga series of techs period (mmm big numbers). I think it's a great addition to the diga series. Although it wasn't my first noz type I achieved first. Nozonde was the first one I got and is relatively my favorite one. So I recieved the same criticism when I didn't get it. I think the fact it hit three times is why it's a favored tech since that is a specialty no other tech gets. The same can b said of any good tech. Best tech in the universe? Not IMO but a good addition to a collection of techs.