PDA

View Full Version : I ordered the wrong version of the game.

Zorafim
Nov 23, 2007, 05:22 PM
I ordered AoI off Gamestop.com, but accidentally ordered the PC version instead of the PS2 version. I didn't notice this difference until the game disk was in my PS2, meaning that the container was already opened. If I'm not mistaken, this means that I can't return it for a refund.

Is there any way to get my money back for ordering this version, or am I stuck with a lost $50?

mizukage
Nov 24, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-11-23 14:22, Zorafim wrote:
I ordered AoI off Gamestop.com, but accidentally ordered the PC version instead of the PS2 version. I didn't notice this difference until the game disk was in my PS2, meaning that the container was already opened. If I'm not mistaken, this means that I can't return it for a refund.

Is there any way to get my money back for ordering this version, or am I stuck with a lost $50?

When I read the topic, I laughed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

When I realized that its the great wise Zorafim, I go... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And to answer your question, I believe you can get an exchange, if not refund as long as your package remains unopened and intact. You should contact wherever you purchase the game from. There is no reason why you should lose money for ordering the wrong version, jeez.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

GunnerGoddess
Nov 24, 2007, 10:01 AM
even if you can't get a refund you can at least take the copy back to gamestop and sell it back as a used game. you'll only get some of the money back but it's better then letting the game sit there and collect dust

Zorafim
Nov 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
I think I'm just going to try to use the PC version. My main complaints with the PC version were that this PC is used by multiple family members, and that I don't have a controller for the PC. The former is fixed by saying "BRB AFK," and the latter is fixed by buying a USB to PS2 controller adapter. Considering the time and money I'll lose in trying to buy the PS2 version of the game, and considering how much better the PC version is, I think it's much more time efficient to just buy a USB/PS2 adapter.
If, you know, I knew where I could find one...

Since when have I been wise?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-24 14:15 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 24, 2007, 07:10 PM
Walmart usually almost always have one. The one I see most is the PS2/Xbox/GC USB adaptor It only costs like 8.99$ and on top of that each port can be used as a gamepad!

mizukage
Nov 24, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-11-24 13:52, Zorafim wrote:
I think I'm just going to try to use the PC version. My main complaints with the PC version were that this PC is used by multiple family members, and that I don't have a controller for the PC. The former is fixed by saying "BRB AFK," and the latter is fixed by buying a USB to PS2 controller adapter. Considering the time and money I'll lose in trying to buy the PS2 version of the game, and considering how much better the PC version is, I think it's much more time efficient to just buy a USB/PS2 adapter.
If, you know, I knew where I could find one...

Since when have I been wise?

I guess buying the USB/PS2 adapter is also a good idea, but I have to tell you that it costs about 1/2 the price of AOI, like 20 bucks or so.. Considering that you have already spent $50, are you serious about playing AOI for 70 bucks???

Perhaps, I have mistaken you for Lutz... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zorafim
Nov 25, 2007, 03:00 AM
Walmart, huh? Why didn't I think of trying there? I ended up buying a gaming controller for the PC that works similarly to a PS2 controller, so I don't feel like I'm learning how to use a different controller.

As for the money issue, if I didn't buy any sort of accessory, I would either have needed to learn how to play with a keyboard or bought a PS2 game. There's nearly no way I would have got any money back for my copy of AoI, considering the only real gaming store in my town does not buy PC games. So, this was really the cheapest option next to quitting PSU, and even then I'd have to buy other games to entertain myself.

I'm actually satisfied with this configuration so far. The graphics are much better, as is the sound, and I get the bonus feature of being able to take pictures. The load times are also much faster, making the game much more smooth. My only problem is, the game seems to be running rather slowly. I suppose I'll need to maximize my settings on my PC to play PSU, but hell if I know how to do that.

As I always say; I'm a generous, but I'm not smart.

Mystral
Nov 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
One thing that always helped my friends and I in PSU to combat the slowdown was to adjust the frameskip setting.

When you start up PSU, at the splash screen for Story Mode, Network Mode, etc., hit "Options", then in the Graphics section hit "Custom", and adjust the Frameskip dropdown from 0 to 1 (or 1 to 2, if it's already there).

Illuminus is a little better programmed than vanilla PSU, but it still has its quirks; you can try fiddling with the other options if you don't want it skipping every other frame to make the game smooth, too, but Frameskip was always the most effective way for us to fix the slowing.