PDA

View Full Version : Became Heathcliff Flowen

Mithrandir
Nov 25, 2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah...funny thing happened today when I was fighting Olga Flow. I became Heathcliff Flowen...i think.

Olga Flow possesed my character so that whenever I hit him, I got hurt instead, and my character changed. I had a different costume, longer hair and was the epitome of badassness.

This ever happen to anyone?

I'm a HUmar btw.

Also, I was using a Red Sword. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Thanks.

Sir_Gusher
Nov 25, 2007, 01:00 AM
Always happens make sure you have ranged weapons with various percents handy.

SC
Nov 25, 2007, 01:01 AM
no i dont know how this happens. My brother, myself and my friend was playing PSO a few days ago, and my brother is a RAmarl, and he randomly changed in to H.Flowen. My brothers theory was that because Olga Flow stood on him, his PC (player character) changed.

Ketchup345
Nov 25, 2007, 01:08 AM
I believe it was just one of his moves/skills (hard mode and up only I think). Much like how Falz was able to take control of your character and you took damage if Falz was hit.

Sir_Gusher
Nov 25, 2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah don't fret it does happen alot (gets really annoying to) =/.

Creature
Nov 25, 2007, 12:59 PM
Happened to me too, Olga Flow does it, its an attack, it's simmilar to Dark Falz 3rd forms move, when the red line connects you on the radar.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 25, 2007, 01:47 PM
In addition to changing your body, Olga also powers up during the duration of this move. (He'll glow orange for as long as it's active)

Not only will it deal more damage with each energy wave, it'll perform a series of them instead of just one! Although the first one to hit you will knock you down, sparing you from any that follow it.

Edit: I also had a theory as to what this move was all about:

Flowen wants to die, since he doesn't like having been transformed into Olga Flow. Now, Olga (the computer which he was fused together with) knows this and changes your appearance into that of Flowen, when he was still human. Whatever part that remains of Flowen, driven insane by the agony he has suffered, practically sees "himself" and does whatever he can to kill "himself", thinking that it will end his suffering, which is why he becomes alot more energetic and hyperactive during this move.

That was my theory, anyway. Sounds sad and tragic enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-11-25 10:58 ]</font>

Splash
Nov 25, 2007, 06:12 PM
^ Good, but that doesn't explain why you can still harm it with a certain photon attribute. If that was true, then Flowen should have made Olga Flow absolutely resilient from all attacks as that will further suicide in the process. Also, when you die, Olga Flow is still orange and then again tries to change you to Flowen. You could essentially say that Flowen has an infinite set of lives then.

On-topic: The move is done only in Hard-Ultimate difficulty.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 25, 2007, 06:39 PM
To back up my unofficial theory:

It is true, when killed by Flow when he's in his rage mode, he still retains his orange-ness. But note that when you die, it's only you who dies, not Flowen, since you were only disguised as him. Flowen then keeps up his rampage of destruction, blinded by his "excitement" at his percieved chance of finally dying.

To add another point, I also theorized that whenever Olga Flow is in his normal mode, Flowen is actively struggling against the AI controlling him, which is why he is so docile and leaves himself so open to attacks. Flowen is *really* suicidal, and the AI then takes advantage of this by giving him the chance of killing himself. Or so Flowen thinks, anyway, and goes all out.

Oh and on the whole being immune to attacks thingy.. that would just be ghey from a game play point of view, don't you think? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Or perhaps the AI can't keep enough energy going to both disguise the player as Flowen as well as keeping itself completely invulnerable, thus leaving one weakness to be exploited. Possibilites are endless, that's what's so great with inofficial theories!

Oh and to add to the topic, the move can stay active for quite some time. My all-time low record for being affected by it was a minute or so, I think.. longest were several minutes -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-11-25 15:40 ]</font>

tei
Nov 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
About the theory, doesn't that seem a little.. malevolent and deceitful for one of the first large-scale thorough AI systems, according to PSO? ...Then again, Vol Opt was pretty malevolent too and he was one of the big three AIs.. xp

I always sort of took it as that the wounds Flowen says he sustained (according to the recordings) in the ruins that were growing on their own, were an infection from Falz, and thus Olga Flow was a combination of Falz, Olga, and Flowen.. With Falz' beserking thirst for power and destruction almost entirely supressing Flowen (who could only utter out broken phrases as you go through the Seabed), and Olga (who is just trying to keep all three entities together and alive, and also prolly is what's broadcasting Flowen's recordings/thoughts near the end of seabed). When you've sufficiently damaged OF, Falz switches back into his search for the most powerful body - at the moment in the disposal shaft, that'd be yours. And so he kicks out Flowen and is in the process of absorbing you, the glow being a type of body absorbtion energy just like the gassy glows of the bodies in the Episode 1 offline ruins quests. Flowen, being a hero right to the end, grabs your weaponry and fights or Olga Flow until it releases you, or just changes it's opinion that Flowen is the strongest person there and decides to absorb him again instead. That's just my interpretation of it, though.

And, uh, to be on-topic, you'll unfortunately see this move quite a lot in hard-ultimate while fighting him, to the point that you grow sick of it and cringe at seeing your cute lil RAcaseal or FOnewearl turn into a hairy old man. D: It's pretty much the equivilent of Fal'z version of linking to you so you take damage while linked.. It happens in almost every fight in Hard and up.

Rob19
Nov 25, 2007, 11:43 PM
On 2007-11-25 16:50, tei wrote:
It happens in almost every fight in Hard and up.

it only happens if you let him live that long http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Banish
Nov 26, 2007, 11:03 AM
That soul-steal move can last up at least 30 minutes, on multiplayer anyway... I would say that they failed and the experiemnt went out of control, sending you to destroy Olga Flow.

Also, when you turn into Flowen, if you happen to check your status, your Section ID will be WHITILL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-11-26 08:15 ]</font>

KayaHime
Nov 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
I freaked out so badly the first time this happened to me! I thought it might be a game glitch and was worried that my characters would be changed forever. Now it's just a source of amusement when I fight against Olga, since I don't do that very often.

Cranberry
Nov 27, 2007, 04:28 PM
No official reason for the attack has ever been given. Flowen isn't really in control anymore, the D-Cells and Olga AI are. Now they simply want to kill you and will do whatever they can to accomplish that. Him turning orange like that is one of his more dangerous attacks.

It seems to me that the person he uses this attack on is now linked to Olga. The circumstances of this link are that all damage will be given to the person he's linked too instead of himself unless the weapon used has photon efficiency (percents) in the attribute associated with him at the time. This also applies to techniques. In addition to an attribute he also chooses a technique weakness (not Megid). You gaining Flowen's body might be how he links with you, by temporarily transforming you into Flowen's body so that he can link with it.

When you do enough damage to Olga, the link is broken and both you and Olga revert to normal. You also revert to normal if he's killed in this form, since as soon as his HP reaches 0 the link is broken.

I actually kind of like it when he goes into this form because I don't have to worry about his MAG stalking me. I can do a lot of damage to him in this form with a tech.

Oh one thing that should be noted, if his weakness is Ice don't use regular Barta when he's orange. You'll still take damage (this is probably a bug), use Gibarta or Rabarta instead, at least until he turns back to normal.