PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Servers... will they stay up indefinately?

HedKandi
Nov 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
Just wondering really, is it worth cancelling my subscription because nobody seems to play this anymore, the strange thing is that Sega still have the servers up even though they are closing down BB's servers. Do you think the Xbox version will follow or do they intend to bring new life to the xbox version, maybe porting it over to the 360 console so that Sega make double profit with 2 PS games at the same time??

Splash
Nov 25, 2007, 06:04 PM
If at all anything, Sega completely ignored X-box after the last 2 Christmas. The only way to shut it down now is if something happens that grabs their attention to look back at the X-box server.

And if anything, BB was their last stronghold. X-box is a deader server than BB so there is no chance that X-box would be able to port it to the 360. And a dead server can't actually profit.

Ketchup345
Nov 25, 2007, 06:20 PM
I believe this thread talks about PSOX servers a bit:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=160157&forum=1&28

zandra117
Nov 28, 2007, 01:32 PM
Sega has complete control of the PSOX Hunters Liscence.

If sega cancels the hunters liscence for PSOX (They will probably do this when they cancel the BB Hunters Liscence) one of 2 things could happen.

1. PSOX could then be played for free because the servers are hosted by Microsoft and the HL Fee only payed for maintenance.

or...

2. When sega cancels the hunters liscence for PSOX we will be unable to connect to the servers even though they are still up because the HL is needed for the authentication process.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-11-28 10:41 ]</font>

watashiwa
Nov 29, 2007, 04:06 PM
The XBox PSO is going to be shut down soon as well.

http://boards2.sega.com/psobb_board/viewtopic.php?t=77148

Just look at Clumsy's sixth post on page one... or better yet, I'll just quote it for ya.

I think Xbox PSO is on the out too, but the formal announcement has not been made yet. Just any FYI.

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 04:11 PM
He "THINKS" it might be going. There is no solid proof of it actually going down yet though. Well, we'll see soon enough.