PDA

View Full Version : PSO Ep.1,2,3,and 4 on Wii

PSOWii
Nov 26, 2007, 01:04 AM
First of all I know this is a PSU forum but I want to get everyone's opinion. I heard a rumor that PSO Ep.1,2,3,and 4 will be on one disc. for Wii. (This is just a rumor and unconfirmed data). What's your opinion?

pikachief
Nov 26, 2007, 01:15 AM
did u post this topic multiple times or was it the server lag!? XD

Retehi
Nov 26, 2007, 01:17 AM
PSO is dead

RedMussel
Nov 26, 2007, 01:19 AM
YES!

mizukage
Nov 26, 2007, 01:22 AM
PSO on ps3, sounds sweet, but I might not buy it though...

Chuck_Norris
Nov 26, 2007, 01:27 AM
On 2007-11-25 22:22, mizukage wrote:
PSO on ps3,

No. Let's face it. That horse has been beaten so much the bones are gone. Let it rest in peace man....

ShadowDragon28
Nov 26, 2007, 01:40 AM
While a re-vamped and overhauled PSO:BB for Wii would be interesting. But uneccessary IMO.

I'd rather the next Phantasy Star game be a sequel to PSU or a massive *properly* done
re-make of the very first Phantasy Star by Wow Works (with original game designers Rie Kodama and "Yoshibon" on the dev. team) The SegaAges was nice but could of been vastly better, and the art style was *ok* but nowhere near as awesome as Yoshibon's designs...

DanMalak
Nov 26, 2007, 01:41 AM
Didn't you post the exact same thing in the pso section of this forums not to long ago? anyways...it won't happen so stop giving false hope to yourself and everyone else.

Splash
Nov 26, 2007, 02:35 AM
Whoever started the rumor is a hopeless person and has no brains.

Exactly what reason do they have of combining the games when:

1. The online servers are shutting down (lol Phantasy Star Offline >_>)

2. PSO Ep3 is an entirely different PSO game that doesn't follow the gameplay format of the other 3 episodes

3. It is just for Wii? I can bet that the person who started the rumor is a Wii fanboy.

4. There isn't enough room to store all the data on the disc for all 4 games (not to sure, but it sounds correct).

AlexCraig
Nov 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
I doubt it would happen, but I would buy it nonetheless. Ep4 on Wii would be sweet. They better add EVERY mission, online and offline. I am fed up with not having Gallon's Shop offline XDD

kizu
Nov 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
doubtful.
PS3 and 360 have AoI which has parts of PSO so that's out of the question
Wii is plausable but as Splash said, not enough disk space or harddrive space to store all the game data to make the game worthwhile.

AlexCraig
Nov 26, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah... but a 3-4 disk set, though...

AlexCraig
Nov 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah.

kizu
Nov 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
3-4 disks may work, but if they mess it up... big waste...

PSOWii
Nov 27, 2007, 01:13 AM
I went online with Ep.1-2 for Game only once and lost my 140 Ranger because my Nyco memory card wasn't compatible. I wish I could have downloaded Gallon's Shop too. I wish SEGA would release a disc. with all online quests that many people weren't able to download.

Splash
Nov 27, 2007, 02:21 AM
^ And how that work? You would still need the original PSO disk in order to play the game.

Saphion
Nov 27, 2007, 04:15 AM
Again, you're saying you heard a rumour yet you're not saying where you heard it.

I'd like a new PSO as much as the next fanatic but I seriously doubt it happening now.

Jaspaller
Nov 27, 2007, 12:11 PM
Let's edit this so it's fixed!

On 2007-11-25 22:04, PSOWii wrote:
First of all I know this is a PSU forum but I want to get everyone's opinion. I'm making up a rumor that PSO Ep.1,2,3,and 4 will be on one disc. for Wii. (This is just me talking out of my ass and I wish this would happen). What's your opinion?

AH! PRESTO! Much better.

Look, it's not going to happen and whining about it is not going to make it any better. If anything, the closest will be PS3 and Xbox360. NO, IT WILL NOT BE COMING FOR WII. AT. ALL.

kizu
Nov 27, 2007, 03:49 PM
lol, that was good. The chance PSO will ever be remaid is about, 1%. Why would ST remake the game when they already have PSU and the expansion AoI? They also have BB but that'll be gone by April when they shut down the servers. PSO is sadly, dead and nobody will use a moon atomizer or reverser on it.

Jaspaller
Nov 27, 2007, 04:33 PM
Except for those guys playing on the you-know-what servers.

Anyways, it has to be said. As much as he wants it, I want it, or the next person in shitsville wants it, it won't be happening.

Otis_Kat
Nov 27, 2007, 05:30 PM
First off, no. Let PSO die already,

Second, all of PSO could easily fit on a DVD.

PSOWii
Nov 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
First off I said that the info I got was Unconfirmed and may never happen. Period. Yes I would love PSO Ep.1-2 at least for Wii, but I know this may never happen. I set up this forum so I can get other PSO fans opinion as to what system they would like PSO on, so if you got your hopes up for nothing I shall laugh at all of you and your stupidity from the confort of my own home. :] PERIOD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOWii on 2007-11-28 09:19 ]</font>

Krisan
Nov 28, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-11-27 14:30, Otis_Kat wrote:
First off, no. Let PSO die already,

Second, all of PSO could easily fit on a DVD.

Indeed.
PSO is long past dead now, sad as that may be for some, it is gone.. Let's just leave it to rest in peace. And as well, yes, if something like this did happen against all the odds.. it could very easily all fit on one DVD.

I'd almost believe this rumor to be possible though, if not for the fact Sega has been killing off all of PSO's servers.. I can't see why they'd be doing that unless they see PSO as officially dead now as well.

Jaspaller
Nov 28, 2007, 12:30 PM
PSO is old, but it isn't dead. There are loads of people playing on the private servers. Everybody on the PSOW forums seem to be too busy screwing their PSU Discs.

PSOWii
Nov 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
Who cares if SEGA destroys all of there servers. PSO could still go online through PS3, X-Box360, and Wii's server. Its just that SEGA wouldn't make any money off of it because it wouldn't be played through there server.

Jaspaller
Nov 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
Uhh you need a specific server running software for PSO. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to get online with other consoles.

PSOWii
Nov 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
Wrong, any server specifically set-up will do. For instance, all of those people playing on private servers. Those servers weren't made by SEGA so how are they getting online if it takes a "specific" server. :]

Jaspaller
Nov 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
What do you want to hear? The server is run off of a regular website like this using PHPBB right?

No.

The software isn't the exact same as SEGA's but they are using a server with software they somehow coded themselves. They copied bits and pieces of the official servers and piece it together themselves and they still have issues at this time. I'm not saying it's a specific computer of some sort that you need, but you need specific software that you would have to get in a non-legal way such as the private servers, or have legal permission to use Sega's software data from Sega themselves.

Do YOU have the specific program/software? No? Does Nintendo? No? Does Microsoft? Possibly. In all cases all connections were routed mainly to Sega's servers. The only one close would be MS since they run the PSOX servers.

Nintendo, Sony, and MS wouldn't do anything illegal anyways.

PSOWii
Nov 29, 2007, 04:11 AM
SEGA and NINTENDO have worked well in the past so I see no reason for them not to help each other out if it benifits both partys, and that includes software. Seeing how SEGA is in the software bussiness now. I am sure SEGA could make alot of money off of NINTENDO by selling or leasing there server software.PERIOD.

Otis_Kat
Nov 29, 2007, 06:52 AM
Or maybe they could work to make PSU(It's Sega so it's a big maybe) better and drop all support for a nearly 7 year old game.

Oh wait...

PSOWii
Nov 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
PSU was not nearly as hard as PSO. PSU stopped being fun after 45 hrs. I personally have logged about 2000 hrs. on PSO off-line and I still enjoy playing it.

Saphion
Nov 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
45 hours? That's being a bit generous, isn't it?

5 hours, more like.

PSOWii
Nov 30, 2007, 01:05 AM
I included Story mode, lol

Drakorn
Dec 3, 2007, 11:15 AM
Who ever rumoured this, is talking a lot of bull, especially when PSO is dead and PSU has another addition to the story. It's highly doubtful that it be here. PSU maybe.. but PSO nope.

SStrikerR
Dec 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-11-26 22:13, PSOWii wrote:
I went online with Ep.1-2 for Game only once and lost my 140 Ranger because my Nyco memory card wasn't compatible. I wish I could have downloaded Gallon's Shop too. I wish SEGA would release a disc. with all online quests that many people weren't able to download.

you and me both.....we're retards.
It took about 7 corruptions before I decided a nintendo memory card would be a good idea, best 10$ of my life XD

the 7th time was offline too >_>

screw nyko, their card sucks shit

GeneFlowShot
Dec 3, 2007, 07:24 PM
PSO FOREVER!!!!!

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Dec 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
LOL great first post man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nyreal
Dec 3, 2007, 08:02 PM
PSU is actually fun now. Get some friends together and give it a try.

AoI saved their life. Now if only more people will give this game a shot...

UnholyBlood
Dec 4, 2007, 06:50 PM
I doubt youd actually need that many discs. Its surprising just how little gets used when data is transfered. I would personally love any version of PSO on next gen and to be honest Wii ? is not really next gen - more like plenty of innovation on that console and PSo would not really look that dated in comparison to everything else on Wii.

DesertGunner
Dec 5, 2007, 06:27 AM
Why the hell do you people want it on the Wii. Oh, you want a PS game with gimmick controls. Almost slip my mind.

P.S. PSO on Xbox was better seven-fold.

Otis_Kat
Dec 5, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-12-04 15:50, UnholyBlood wrote:
I doubt youd actually need that many discs. Its surprising just how little gets used when data is transfered. I would personally love any version of PSO on next gen and to be honest Wii ? is not really next gen - more like plenty of innovation on that console and PSo would not really look that dated in comparison to everything else on Wii.

You would need one disc for all of PSO, episodes 1,2,3, and 4. That doesn't change the fact it's still a stupid idea.

Plus the Wii is next gen seeing as, you know, the Gamecube was their last console.

SStrikerR
Dec 5, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-12-05 03:27, DesertGunner wrote:

Why the hell do you people want it on the Wii. Oh, you want a PS game with gimmick controls. Almost slip my mind.If you knew anything about the wii you can use gamecube controllers as well as the remote and nunchuck

P.S. PSO on Xbox was better seven-fold. yeah, and how was that buddy?

you sir, are dumb.

Splash
Dec 6, 2007, 04:58 AM
Wow, this topic is made of epic fail.

On-topic: Something that grabbed my attention.

Wrong, any server specifically set-up will do. For instance, all of those people playing on private servers. Those servers weren't made by SEGA so how are they getting online if it takes a "specific" server. :]

The people who play on said server use a GC to connect. A Wii cannot connect to it despite its Wifi capabilities. If Wii can't do it, neither can a Xbox360 or PS3.

DesertGunner
Dec 6, 2007, 08:01 AM
On 2007-12-05 12:51, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2007-12-05 03:27, DesertGunner wrote:

Why the hell do you people want it on the Wii. Oh, you want a PS game with gimmick controls. Almost slip my mind.If you knew anything about the wii you can use gamecube controllers as well as the remote and nunchuck

P.S. PSO on Xbox was better seven-fold. yeah, and how was that buddy?

you sir, are dumb.

Xbox has voice chat, retard. Plus it has something that the gamecube version doesn't have; A FUCKING FRIENDS LIST!

Ryna
Dec 6, 2007, 08:11 AM
This thread has reached the end of its useful life.