PDA

View Full Version : HD PSU trouble.

imtehlueser
Nov 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
So I recently got an HDTV. It's kinda causing a problem with PSU >_>

If I play it in widescreen, which I have to if I play it in HD, the menus are really really smaaall. I hate it.

But if I switch to 480p and play without widescreen, the graphics look really, really bad because of stretching it out to fit the screen. And it makes everything really short and wide, so ugly >_> Now I can play it in standard display, but I can't stand it being so small with two really, really wide black bars on each side.

So the question is, is there any way to fix the small menus problem when playing in widescreen? I don't have aoti yet, so I don't know if it's any different for that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imtehlueser on 2007-11-26 08:16 ]</font>

imtehlueser
Nov 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
bump >_>

watashiwa
Nov 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
If you play the game in 720P and the menus are too small, maybe you need a bigger screen.

imtehlueser
Dec 1, 2007, 12:22 AM
32 inches is big enough. Not everyone can afford 50 inch plasmas >_>

Getintothegame
Dec 1, 2007, 01:40 AM
You'll get used to it. You have to agree that the screen looks a lot more clear and crisp now!

imtehlueser
Dec 1, 2007, 03:51 AM
Indeed. I don't really like the general area around my character now though. For lack of better words, it just seems kinda...shiny.

Raine_Loire
Dec 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
Laguna and I both have 32" HDs and we don't play in widescreen mode, we just play in normal 1080... oh wait- are you playing the ps2 version? Because everything looks crappy when I'm playing on my ps2... I don't know any way to fix it though- sorry. In fact that's why we switched to the 360 version in the first place, after seeing Haseo all deformed when I was playing GU and first hooked up my ps2 and TV! That and the talking feature.

Getintothegame
Dec 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
Well, also as a side note, the HUD goes into small mode when you switch it to widescreen for any display mode. It can be in 420i and be switched to 'widescreen' and the HUD will shrink.

So, unless you want distorted/stretched PSU, there's not a way around it. Sorry to tell ya. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif