PDA

View Full Version : RE: Tornado Dance / Just Attack

usmcbama
Nov 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
I had been saving up PA frags for Tornado Dance, and having trouble deciding between that and Twin Mayalee. Now, I'm not so sure about Tornado Dance, since it's a single (no combo) attack, and would not, as far as I can tell, benefit from Just Attack (loving it for Spiral Dance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)... UNLESS begun with a standard attack to set up a Just Attack for Tornado Dance.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How well does it work? Should I even bother with it, or go with Twin Mayalee? (Totally unrelated PA, I know, but it was the other one I was mainly considering). Heck, any recommendations for a different ultimate PA that would be good for a FighGunner?

amtalx
Nov 26, 2007, 02:33 PM
Keep in mind that Tornado Dance is REALLY annoying to everyone else in your party when used incorrectly. It scatters all the enemies and the rest of your team wastes PP and has to chase everything down. Twin Mayalee is pretty awful...be warned. FGs can use spears right? Dus Majarra.

Double
Nov 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
you know you can do a normal swing, then do tornado dance so it can benefit from just attack.
But I wouldn't really suggest getting it now with Absolute Dance coming.

usmcbama
Nov 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-11-26 11:33, amtalx wrote:
Keep in mind that Tornado Dance is REALLY annoying to everyone else in your party when used incorrectly. It scatters all the enemies and the rest of your team wastes PP and has to chase everything down. Twin Mayalee is pretty awful...be warned. FGs can use spears right? Dus Majarra.

About it being annoying: noted- but there are times, especially against larger enemies, when it could be useful, no?

As far as Absolute Dance... what is this, and what does it do?

amtalx
Nov 26, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-11-26 11:38, usmcbama wrote:
About it being annoying: noted- but there are times, especially against larger enemies, when it could be useful, no?

You are right, it's quite useful against large mobs with multiple hitpoints. However, most poeple can't understand that...

As far as Absolute Dance... what is this, and what does it do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewTybBosRW4

usmcbama
Nov 26, 2007, 02:48 PM
That looks impressive- and potentially annoying as well (as is everything DS except Gravity Dance, lol). I guess I'll wait a while longer and see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tuxedose
Nov 26, 2007, 04:27 PM
i have used tornado dance for a long time and I never got any complaints about it. Used the right way it is a very powerful attack on all enemies especially the big ones with many weakspots. Just dont overuse it. If you happen to make enemies fly all over the place once then concentrate on 1 enemie and let your teamates get the rest. Its a powerful strategy to not make the enemies group on your team. IN short its an attack that takes time to learn to use correctly but if its used in the right way its awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Noblewine
Nov 27, 2007, 04:12 PM
That was amazing... Is Absolute Dance a PA Fragment skill you will have to buy or will it be available at Weapon shops?

Rizen
Nov 27, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-11-27 13:12, Noblewine wrote:
That was amazing... Is Absolute Dance a PA Fragment skill you will have to buy or will it be available at Weapon shops?

PA Frag.

Hrith
Nov 28, 2007, 11:02 AM
Tornado Dance is stupidly easy to JA, and one of the most powerful skill in the game at Lv40.

I see no reason to use spears at all on Fighgunner. We get access to S grade weapons with PAs equally or more powerful than Dus Majarra.
I'd rather use S grade weapons, now that they drop more easily.

C2DD
Nov 29, 2007, 06:13 AM
On 2007-11-26 11:33, amtalx wrote:

Twin Mayalee has the highest attack mod and defense down whats not to like?

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2007, 08:47 AM
Tornado Dance is THE boss killer.

Bosses will seem to die quicker than you do.

DreXxiN
Dec 1, 2007, 04:10 AM
I do 1.8k a hit to 2 or 3 areas on a big mob..that comes to about 9k a second...I have Tornado Dance 40..That's some uber stuff.

And as for Twin Mayalee, I have it at 24, and it does more than my Twin Rising AND Twin Freeze against opposing elements. I do about 450 a shot on my deathmaker +10's.

It does take a lot of PP though.

Hrith
Dec 1, 2007, 11:42 AM
What level are Twin Freeze and Rising? I do 550 damage with Twin Rising Lv30 to dark monsters with a Deathmaker +6.

Aviendha
Dec 2, 2007, 02:14 AM
On 2007-11-26 11:48, usmcbama wrote:
That looks impressive- and potentially annoying as well (as is everything DS except Gravity Dance, lol). I guess I'll wait a while longer and see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

A Fighgunner that actually understands that? This must be a new breed of Fighgunner, I'm impressed. Mayalee is not very useful right now because everything dies so fast. Once we get higher HP monsters it will be handy.

On 2007-11-29 05:47, RemiusTA wrote:
Anga Jabroga is THE boss killer.

Bosses will seem to die quicker than you do.

fix'd
Also, Spiral does about twice as much damage as Tornado at about half the speed, so that works too.

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 02:25 AM
As a fortefighter, I really wish I had a PA like Tornado Dance. Instant knockdown, with next to no chance of getting canceled out of it. I want that.

Nai_Calus
Dec 2, 2007, 02:43 AM
Absolute Dance has this little problem, though. One: It's motherfucking slow. Two: The first hit is almost entirely useless. Motherfucking slow, and only hits once. Three enemies, but once. Three: It starts with a 51% ATA modifier. I'm a fucking newman Fighgunner, I don't hurt for ATA. It. Misses. Fucking. Constantly. Until. It's. Levelled.

Funny, PAs always seem so much more useful when they hit things. Also, it doesn't do any sort of useful knockaround until the last crappy hit. Yeah, I could spam Dus Majarra twice as fast if I wanted that, and the PA sucks less. Or fuck, bust out Ick Hick and who gives a fuck that you're a newman fighgunner with A-rank weapons, AND the fucking PA has a killer ATA mod.

Someday, I might get Absolute Dance to 11, someday when I hate myself and want to suffer.

Or I might just, you know, stick with Tornado Dance, which I find to be about 10,922,200 times better due to various things like not taking forever, not being god-awful to level, actually offering some kind of mob control, etc etc... (I also have a 36% Dark Crea Doubles, so anything that has the nerve to be big and light element and get in my way doesn't live long anyway, screw Big Numbarz, oh wait, I break 1k easily on a fucking newman fighgunner.)