PDA

View Full Version : 4 more months I guess

xjustsumloser
Nov 27, 2007, 08:53 PM
Well Microsoft just released their November BC update list. With a total of 86 new games added, PSO still wasn't on the list. Here is hoping we get it by March. It would be such a smart move on M$ part as they would have a corner in the PSO market, what is left of it anyways.

Jaspaller
Nov 27, 2007, 09:15 PM
Typical lazy asses. I'm sure they could rake in some decent cash if they put it up for download at least. So many people would probably at least want to give PSO a try that haven't before. Oh well. Hopefully something happens.

xjustsumloser
Nov 28, 2007, 07:56 PM
yea with the adding of downloadable XBOX games onto the 360 HDD through xbox originals, maybe that will give us a bit more of a chance.

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2007, 09:34 AM
On 2007-11-27 18:15, Jaspaller wrote:
Typical lazy asses. I'm sure they could rake in some decent cash if they put it up for download at least. So many people would probably at least want to give PSO a try that haven't before. Oh well. Hopefully something happens.

They arent investing in something that not even Sega themselves can get money out of.

Smartasses is the correct term.

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
That's nice, but that doesn't mean that they can't make it backwards compatible for offline at least.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 29, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-11-29 08:45, Jaspaller wrote:
backwards compatible for offline at least.

Even this would be so much better than PSU.

________
EXTREME VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

kizu
Nov 30, 2007, 03:28 PM
yea, offline pso would be fine, you keep most of the features and only lose some quests and items. Maybe they could even modify the game so its like Plus with some online qiests avaliable off line

Jaspaller
Nov 30, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-11-30 12:28, kizu wrote:
yea, offline pso would be fine, you keep most of the features and only lose some quests and items. Maybe they could even modify the game so its like Plus with some online qiests avaliable off line

Too bad we all know that those quests wouldn't be there no matter how much we wanted it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif I hope homebrewers and hackers would be able to create a solution to that though...

kizu
Nov 30, 2007, 05:09 PM
hackers probably have them already but it may come with some sort of glitch or flaw. I guess the only way left to get the good old online rares, with the exception of PSO-X, you'll just need to use other resources... Back on topic, PSO-360 is doubtful because with PSU already on there, the chance of PSO-X becoming B/C, is 5%. Why would Microsoft invest in a game that already has a "better" version?

Jaspaller
Nov 30, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-11-30 14:09, kizu wrote:
hackers probably have them already but it may come with some sort of glitch or flaw. I guess the only way left to get the good old online rares, with the exception of PSO-X, you'll just need to use other resources... Back on topic, PSO-360 is doubtful because with PSU already on there, the chance of PSO-X becoming B/C, is 5%. Why would Microsoft invest in a game that already has a "better" version?

Why invest in something like Halo when they already have Halo 2 and 3? Why invest into older sports games when they have new ones? People want to play them whether it's for nostalgia, something they didn't finish, or they just love the game to death.

On top of that, the real question is why would they make the super crappy games backwards compatible when there are better games out there that they CAN make compatible? I can't name any off the top of my head so don't expect me to answer them unless I look off the list http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I have no idea whether Microsoft's goals were to just get as many done as possible, or get the popular games + games with similar coding B/C

kizu
Nov 30, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-11-30 14:24, Jaspaller wrote:

Why invest in something like Halo when they already have Halo 2 and 3? Why invest into older sports games when they have new ones? People want to play them whether it's for nostalgia, something they didn't finish, or they just love the game to death.

On top of that, the real question is why would they make the super crappy games backwards compatible when there are better games out there that they CAN make compatible? I can't name any off the top of my head so don't expect me to answer them unless I look off the list http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I have no idea whether Microsoft's goals were to just get as many done as possible, or get the popular games + games with similar coding B/C

Well for Halo it was story lined base and sold immensly well and for sports games its for updated rosters and stats. Other than that, your right. Its true many people play older games for nostlgia but for a game like PSO, will microsoft spend the time and money in making the game online compatiable with 360? Yes, they could put out an offline only version but this may and probably lead to complaints of how the game isn't worth it without the online component.

Jaspaller
Nov 30, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-11-30 14:35, kizu wrote:

On 2007-11-30 14:24, Jaspaller wrote:

Well for Halo it was story lined base and sold immensly well and for sports games its for updated rosters and stats. Other than that, your right. Its true many people play older games for nostlgia but for a game like PSO, will microsoft spend the time and money in making the game online compatiable with 360? Yes, they could put out an offline only version but this may and probably lead to complaints of how the game isn't worth it without the online component.

Very true. I guess we'll find out in 4 months if MS wants to add it or not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif hopefully the servers stay up and everything is intact if it goes B/C by the time that happens. I miss having a team to play with all the time on there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Demesios
Dec 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
yea and also compare the mediocre/average reviews of PSU to the 80% and higher reviews for the PSO games.Microsoft should do some research.....