PDA

View Full Version : PM battle level got raised

Nanoframe
Nov 29, 2007, 02:35 AM
I just checked mine and its 104, I was surprised. thats great they raised it, wonder what PM lv cap is now?

Hank
Nov 29, 2007, 02:52 AM

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 29, 2007, 03:02 AM
has anyone actually proved it does anything to even matter?

THE JACKEL

AnamanaAU
Nov 29, 2007, 03:25 AM
Apparently 460's and 470's need it.

Golto
Nov 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
Some of the ranged pm's secondary or tertiary weapons increase in star rank at certain values of Bstat.

Parn
Nov 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
Higher battle stat leads to less delay in between AI "cycles". You notice this mostly with ranged PMs... their firing rate slowly increases. Basically, by default PMs are super stupid, and they become less stupid approaching 100.

I imagine they might be relatively competent at 200. I've found Tonnio to be the best NPC ally out of all of the ones I've used so far, a lot more aggressive than the others.

Theoderic
Nov 29, 2007, 10:35 AM
It is only required for evolution. Any other supposed effects have been proven false. Anything people claim it affects is usually due to the PM's level based on the owner's level (higher levels mean the ability to use it's other items), the level of enemies it's fighting at the current time (Rank doesn't matter, just the level difference between the PM and the enemy), and the number of enemies it's fighting at the time. All of those comments NPCs make about a battle situation show that their AI is effected by certain situations, and not the B St. A level 90 PM (back when our cap was 80) with 0 B St acted the same as with 100 B St. I've done too many tests and wasted too much MP (abandoned missions to ensure B St remained 0) and I have yet to see why it matters other than the newly revealed use of it being a requirement for certain evolution types.

StkDrowsy
Nov 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
how do you level your bot? is it based on xp it hits or just runs in genral?

ilovetypemoon
Nov 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-11-29 07:51, StkDrowsy wrote:
how do you level your bot? is it based on xp it hits or just runs in genral?

They level up depending on the rating and the rank of the missions completed, nothing to do with whether they hit or kill enemies. So just take your PM with you to missions often.