PDA

View Full Version : 360 Wireless component

Alucard_Zer0
Nov 29, 2007, 03:21 PM
anyone have one? curious how it hooks up to the back of the 360 via usb or ethernet. anything else i could use instead of the microsoft part. i really don't feel like shelling out the 100 for something only my 360 can use. im looking for a mulitasker sorta deal. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 03:50 PM
The 360 wireless bridge? It clips onto the back of your 360 near the back USB ports. The adapter has a small USB connection on it which you stick into the USB port. It's a USB bridge. I bought mine not too long ago (maybe a few months) and it's served me pretty damn well.

It's a USB connection that connects to the USB slot. There isn't any Ethernet cable connection used.

Alucard_Zer0
Nov 29, 2007, 03:55 PM
anything else i could possibly use instead of that, i've already got 1 wireless router hooked up in the house.

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 04:05 PM
lol, well there's always two other ones that connect through the ethernet (also wireless bridges).

The Xbox MN-740
E-bay Link One (http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-XBox-360-MN-740-Wireless-G-Network-Adapter_W0QQitemZ220177294358QQihZ012QQcategoryZ12 2517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I own this one and use it for my original xbox. I bought it over a year ago, way before I had a 360. It gets very hot though and requires an external power source. Rarely it will stop functioning and I'll have to do an unplug/replug of it. Also you won't be able to configure this without using the Xbox360 (or original xbox as well). I know it functions on PS2 and other systems, but I don't know how to edit the settings of it through those. The good thing is that it's small!

You can also try one of those Linksys ones like this
E-Bay Link Two (http://cgi.ebay.com/LINKSYS-WGA11B-FR-WIRELESS-B-GAME-NETWORK-ADAPTOR-NEW_W0QQitemZ150188130696QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41015Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I haven't used this kind before so I don't know what to say really.

I think the MN-740 isn't in production anymore so if you plan on getting that you'll probably have to find it used somewhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-11-29 13:08 ]</font>

Alucard_Zer0
Nov 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
sweet, thanks man i greatly appreciate it

Zelutos
Nov 29, 2007, 08:58 PM
OR, you could have talked to me earlier.

Really? Why buy anything when a simple ethernet cable from your laptop/desktop to your 360 works just as well.

Seriously, i've gotten my cousin and two of my friends online when they thought you couldn't do it without spending the money. Regardless, feel free to PM me or MSN me and i'll walk you through it.

Alucard_Zer0
Nov 29, 2007, 11:33 PM
cause i'd have to run a 100ft cable from one end of my house to the other. and honestly i don't want anyone tripping over wires or ugly wires stapled all over the walls not to mention that if i wanted to run the wire down the wall through the basement i lack a spool of wire to do so.

amtalx
Nov 30, 2007, 08:10 AM
A spool is still far cheaper than the attachment, and you don't have to worry about bottlenecks. Avoid wireless whenever possible. Radio Shack ftw.

ZephyrCat
Dec 1, 2007, 02:06 AM
It's my understanding that one can use a wireless router that functions as a bridge, it's far cheaper than paying such a ridiculous price for the adapters if you really, really need wireless. Only thing is that it takes some extra effort to set up compared to the adapters, mostly if you have a router already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZephyrCat on 2007-11-30 23:08 ]</font>