PDA

View Full Version : AotI: So, what's up with armor now?

Sekani
Dec 1, 2007, 01:10 PM
Is it just me, or are high-percentage armors nowhere near as good as they used to be? Pretty much all I use these days are Sori-senba and Rabol Rappy because they both have four slots and seem to offer decent protection in any situation.

Pillan
Dec 1, 2007, 01:31 PM
High percent armors aren't as good because they only increase your DFP by up to 25% more than a 10% element armor. And since enemy ATP >> your DFP, the effect appears marginal (200 damage drops to 150). This is mainly due to the enemy attack element mod lowering their attack power. However, the difference between neutral and non-neutral armor is more significant.

So, yeah, I wouldn't worry about element at all unless you're wearing YC armors.

PocketAsian
Dec 1, 2007, 01:40 PM
Ok I'm trying to grasp what you're saying, and that's elemental armors help reduce physical damage from monsters of the same element?

Sorry for asking, but I just started playing PSU like a month ago and I'm can only play offline at the moment.
P.S. And what is YC armors? >_<

Rizen
Dec 1, 2007, 01:49 PM
YC = Yohmei Corporation I believe.

Pillan
Dec 1, 2007, 01:54 PM
If the armor is the same element as the enemy attack, it will reduce damage. So beware of enemies whose attacks are a different element, like Jarba Dambarta or Vanda Ogre Foie/Damfoie. If the armor has a higher element, it will reduce the damage further, but this effect is marginal unless your DFP added to the armor DFP is very high (which makes it only worthwhile on 9 star YC armors, since those are the highest rank with the highest armor DFP that you can synthesize constantly).

So just make one armor of each element and, regardless of the element value, you should reduce damage to less than 1/10 your HP (assuming you're not an fT and the enemies are around your level). Working to get higher element armor won't help much unless the armor and your own DFP are high.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-01 11:40 ]</font>

PocketAsian
Dec 1, 2007, 02:00 PM
Ooooo....I understand it now, thanks.

That helps me out...now maybe I won't drop after 2 foies from S Rank HIVE (Offline and I'm wearing Ice based armor XD)

Well I guess I gotta make me some more armors. Thanks for the info.

Thanubis
Dec 2, 2007, 03:28 AM
@PocketAsian: You are supposed to dodge the Gaozoran's spells. For the HIVE you should make a Dark armor. I use a 60% Dark Rabol Hard. You should also be using Light weapons. I use a 80% Light Svaltus Sword with Tornado Break.

Note that 80% is the highest elemental bonus that you can synth offline, but it can be quite hard to get.

Mystil
Dec 2, 2007, 03:35 AM
For further understanding..

20% Yamata Senba ice vs lvl85 olgohmons = Barta damage 252-260
38% Sori-Senba ice vs same monsters = Barta damage 210-220

I wasted 7mil >_>, but then again, both of those armors have low ment.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that, especially with the depressingly-low DFP on Tenora Works armor, my elementals are almost pointless.

For that reason, I'm just tooling about in my mid 20s and not worrying about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sharkyland
Dec 2, 2007, 11:58 AM
I still like my 6 elemental hoza-senbas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif