PDA

View Full Version : GC: Need some class advice...

Highwind85
Jan 7, 2003, 06:29 PM
Hey, I just got this game and I can't decide whether to be a Ramar or a Fonewm. The thing is, I played at a friends as a Racast, and I liked the whole ranger idea, but I wanted to be able to use techs. SO I thought a Ramar would be a good balance. Well, I've been looking around and have heard that the Fonewm is an awesome character who is the best at techs. So I'm kinda in a perdicament. In the long run, which would be the easiest and most fruitful investment? Thanks.

Brundidge
Jan 7, 2003, 06:43 PM
All drops down to personal preferance. You like using guns and different kinds? Then rangers the way to go. You wanna rock enemies with almost one hit kill spells and play support on online games or multiplay? Then forces are perfect. Just to also mention that not only RAmars on GC are balance growth but they have the highest ATA of any of the character classes and can practically hit anything without any hassels. FOnewm rocks, period in techs. Give it time for MST to get really high and you got one helluva tech caster. Just don't get too close to enemies.

Sedyne
Jan 7, 2003, 06:50 PM
Go with FOnewm. RAmars= boring. Your techs are practically useless. You'll probablty never use any of your attach techs except healing and support techniques. that's it. i find Fo's to be one of the funnest as well strongest classes. FOnewm are incredibly good as well. RA's geting boring in my opinion.

Drayma
Jan 7, 2003, 07:27 PM
go to character selection and use the auto select and you will see the ramar has alot of options and can have alot of character.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 8, 2003, 12:01 AM
It's hard to say, as both character will need some time to truly shine.

It also depends on how much you like techs. I mean, RAmar is the worst tech user in the game. But, in terms of ease, you'll probably have an easier time leveling him up than a FOnewm. But, keep in mind that it'll take you some time (unless you cheat) to build up a good arsenal of weapons.

FOnewm can be awesome in Episode I stages... And there in lies the problem. If a room is full of the same elemental wekaness monsters, he can clear out the room faster than any other character in the game with his Ra- level techs. That said, he has problems with Episode II stages where most of the battles are 1 on 1, and like the other FOrces, is just waiting to have moon atomizers and/or scape dolls used on him during boss battles.

I say make RAmar your primary character and make FOnewm a secondary; raising a FOrce is a lot easier if you have another character supplying the meseta and tech disks.

Sedric
Jan 8, 2003, 01:56 AM
They are both good choices. It's purely up to you.

FOnewm, as all FOs are, is good for long run. In Ultimate mode, nothing kills enemies faster and efficient than continuous barrage of high-level techs. And with his specialty in RA-techs, even better. As long as you have very high MST, top-level techs, and sufficient supply of fluids, you should have little trouble going thru tough areas. And as many FOs are now, you may become most important member in a team game--without your support, no HUs or RAs will be able to fight in difficult zones with ease. However, you'll be physically weak: boss fights will be tough for you if you can't survive the attacks. Also, hunting for high-level techs can be one of most difficult tasks in the game. And at early stage, you may face trouble with maintaining funds and fluids. If you can overcome these obstacles, then by all means give FOnewm a spin. You won't regret it.

RAmar is good for early and mid-game. He can be good at later stages if you can find really good weapons. His high ATA and specialty in ranged combat will give you an edge, as you rarely miss and have safety of distance. Also, since he's pretty well-balanced, self-sustaining, and less dependant on techs, you may find it easier to maintain funds and supplies. But note that your techs wil become less useful as difficulty level increases, and even though physically stronger than FOnewm, it may be much harder for you to fight tough enemies in later stages. As higher you rise in levels, you'll notice that you lack both high ATP of HUs and high MST of FOs, which are crucial at dealing damage, and this may make combat harder than it should be. And finding really really good weapons are no easy task either: rares are called rares for a reason. But if you do get your hands on some kick-ass guns, and good support from any high-level FO, you will do just fine.

DarkMonger
Jan 13, 2003, 06:08 AM
I would have to say the FOnewm, just cuz i like a challange. But no RAmar will ever dish out as much damage than a FOnewm. There is nothing liek popping everything in the room for 130+ damage when your only level 10'ish