PDA

View Full Version : shadoog question

Alisha
Dec 2, 2007, 12:41 AM
i was messing around with shadoogs offline and noticed i was always doing 0 dmg with it. i first i thought i was just missing but there was no way i was missing every time. then i remembered the damage is based on tp and im a beast hunter but still monsteres generally dont have tons of mst. so im thinking do shadoogs check your tp against the monsters dfp?

Nyreal
Dec 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
Nope... you just have really bad TP.

Pillan
Dec 2, 2007, 01:25 AM
Well, Shadoogs do still count as a ranged weapon, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was TP - DFP instead of TP - MST. They did change that weapon at the last minute, after all, and all they changed was what stat was used to attack.

But, yeah, mobs generally have the same MST and DFP online and I'm too lazy to check it myself. I just wouldn't put it past Sonic Team to do something like that.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
I think there's one way you can try. You can first try using a Shadoog on a non-Zalure'd monster, then Zalure it and see if the damage is any different. Of course, you may have to be a Wartecher, Guntecher, or Acrotecher if you're online, but I'm sure Hunters can use wands too.