PDA

View Full Version : AotI: The new Wartecher palette

Laranas
Dec 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
Since I'm going to remake my Wartecher (with the option of rolling Fortefighter when needed, possibly Acrotecher if I look at the class more) I noticed that they might be completely different in AotI. With higher PAs and the introduction of new weapon types, I imagine that the palette might change a bit.

Before it was suggested to go with Cards over Handguns for range. I don't even thing Bows were recommended (though I thought they were alright...) but what about TCSMs? Surely one or two can't hurt a Wartecher.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of gear Wartecher's roll out with now in AotI.

Rizen
Dec 2, 2007, 11:01 PM
Shadoog/R-Mags definitely are useful to Wartechers. Since they already have good TP modifiers, Shadoog/R-Mag do quite a bit of damage (In my case, they do 1k damage a volley). Its also nice for the fact that you don't have to manual switch to them allowing you to focus on your main hand weapons while having Auto ranged ability. You can be in the middle of a PA combo while your Shadoog/R-Mag covers you with their various ranged abilities.

As for gear, I use Yamata-senba and Rabol Rappy for armor. For head, I use a Me/Quick, possibly Har/Quick in the future for better, more mobile casting. For arm I use Mega/Power to be upgrade to Solid/Knight when I find one. For body, I use a Rainbow atm, but Resists when they come useful. For Extra, I just pop on whatever I have. PP Regen would be nice to have when/if I can find it.

As for weapons it all up to you. Each Wartecher has preference and kinda hard to say whats good and whats not.

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
Twin claws. Do it.

SuperChoco
Dec 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:31, Zorafim wrote:
Twin claws. Do it.

Indeed. I have just started using twin claws for my WT and I heart them. As for the pallette, this is what I have
twin daggers
twin daggers
Fomag/Wand(buffs)
Fomag/Whip(healing)
twin claws
twin claws

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:53 PM
Why do you have more than one twin claw and twin dagger? They recover MP so quickly, I can go a whole solo run without switching them out.

Pengfishh
Dec 3, 2007, 12:04 AM
Different elements and/or PAs on the fly. Why not.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 12:05 AM
Redundancy.

Pengfishh
Dec 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
Variation, rather.

Laranas
Dec 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
Hmmm I might consider the Twin Claw. I'm not too crazy about Sabers, and if i use R-Mags and F-Mags I can do without 1 handgun/card. Well, I'm online now and I can play around with it and see what works. Worse comes to worst I can save my PA and give it to an alt.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 12:15 AM
Variation would be the use of multiple weapons for different situations. Using the same weapon is not variation at all. It's the complete opposite of variation.

In fact, I'd wager to say that it's redundant.

Nyreal
Dec 3, 2007, 12:26 AM
Also be aware that we'll be getting SRank Knuckles in the future, and that we now have swords.

Wartechers have an incredibly diverse pallette, so it's best if you experiment and use which weapons, PAs, and strategies you like best.

Pengfishh
Dec 3, 2007, 12:31 AM
But we get at least two PAs per weapon type on top of a choice of seven elements (we'll throw neutral in, why not). Most areas have enemies of multiple elements, so having two of the same weapon type in two different elements would play itself into a different situation, and this is before considering PAs with their various effects, some PAs being ideal for certain enemies and others not so much.

Twin Daggers of the Earth persuasion linked with Hishou and Twin Daggers of the Ice persuasion linked with Renkai will be used in different situations with different effects therefore creating variety! Yay! Two pair of Twin Daggers, both of Dark element and both with Moubu, however, would be redundant and mostly unnecessary, sure.

So wager.

Zael
Dec 3, 2007, 12:55 AM
Neutral is so useless and crappy, it shouldn't even count as an element.

Sekani
Dec 3, 2007, 06:43 AM
My palette as a wartecher varies.... a lot. But in general, I'll have some combination of this:

TECH-mag (resta/reverser), saber (spinning strike)
TECH-mag (resta/reverser), dagger (buten shuren-zan)
TECH-mag (jellen/zalure), saber or dagger
card, whip
card, wand (two attack techs)
twin claws
handgun, wand (two attack techs)
TECH-mag, wand (buffs)

SuperChoco
Dec 3, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-12-02 21:05, Zorafim wrote:
Redundancy.

Actually Zorafim, I have two claws just to level them to 21 quickly. I'm just using the NPC bought ones in Holy Ground looking for Catilium.
You may call redundant if I have two in my pallette after its leveled to 21.