PDA

View Full Version : Moral question...

Mazarin
Feb 28, 2001, 06:41 AM
Theiving bad. Duping bad. Sharking bad.

But what if you've been pillaged?
What if the BSOD caught you while you were laying dead, with your Chain Sawd staring you in the face as it all goes black?
What if you were caught in a glitch in a new quest and lost your Delsabre?

You already had it. You worked for it. All those hours. And for what? So Jethro, RAmar lvl 38 or so(*hinthint*) could snag your Dbl Saber +20 durring Dark Falz? Do you think it's OK then? And you may think, "Sucks to be you, that's the breaks." Let it happen to you, see it for yourself.

I'm curious at what the concensus on this situation is...

SeQrEt_1
Feb 28, 2001, 07:06 AM
My thoughts on that are simple. If they leave the game and you can get the weapon do so. But if you see that person why not give it back to them?

I lost my Agito to this method and it still pisses me off.. Cause everyone got disconnected...

Elrathan
Feb 28, 2001, 02:43 PM
I don't really condone it, but if the game hoses you (by crashing, bsod, whatever) and you lose your very rare stuff, then I don't really see a problem with someone manufacturing a new one for themselves.

Because I have no idea how to backup my games, or create new items I only go online with weapons I find readily. At the moment I justr take a Gladius with me. I I lose a Gladius I won't really sweat it I found about 20 every time I play.

So I guess my answer is:
Even though I have no intention of ever creating a weapon, not sure how anyway, I can't really blame people who do so because they lost their fav sword to a bug in the code. PSO2 better have an easy reliable way to back up character data. Cheaters are going to cheat anyway, why hurt the honest players just to try and stop cheating?