PDA

View Full Version : best tech to get with my pa frags?

raysrad420
Dec 3, 2007, 09:40 AM
just dont want to get 1 that is no good any help would be great.

MELGRIN
Dec 3, 2007, 09:46 AM
megid

StkDrowsy
Dec 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
umm well if u wana heal stuff which is kinda lame and , then get gi-resta, but if you wana just walk in and pwn noobs and be like hey....eat megid.....then i agree with melgrin, megid for the godly sake of just saying " i have megid"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StkDrowsy on 2007-12-03 07:11 ]</font>

MELGRIN
Dec 3, 2007, 10:14 AM
ty drowsy. megis is just godly to posses =)

Broodstar1337
Dec 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
yeah, megid

MELGRIN
Dec 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
MEGID FTW!

Remedy
Dec 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
The order in which I got mine:

Giresta
Nosuzonde
Megiverse
Megid
Nosudiga
Regrants (not yet)
Nosumegid (not yet)
Megistar (not yet)

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
Isn't megid supposed to suck?

Um, I'd think Giresta or Regrants are good choices. Giresta now casts as quick as resta and doesn't use up too much more PP, but it has an auto heal effect and a revive effect to it. Regrants is the only tech that can knockback, and its damage isn't too bad from what I hear.

Most frag techs aren't too great, so I don't know how else you would go.

Remedy
Dec 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
Nosuzonde has knockDOWN, which is infinitely more useful and infinitely less irritating to the rest of your party than Regrants knockAWAY.

Megid is quite potent, and outdamages Nosumegid and Damumegid both if you can hit three targets with it. (assuming equally-leveled spells, and no low-HP power bonus for Nosumegid) Plus, with the STA nerf, the instant death procs more than you'd think it would, especially at 21+.

RedRaz0r
Dec 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
walking into a room with level 31+ megid and 1 hitting a jarba sucks.

Remedy
Dec 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
Jarbas are large enemies, though, and thusly aren't susceptible to Incapacitate, unless I've been woefully misinformed.

StkDrowsy
Dec 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
redrazor- finnaly some one that makes sense........megid is very easy,
1. get megid
2. cast as much as possibly
3. pwn noobs in the teeth

MELGRIN
Dec 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-12-03 09:03, Remedy wrote:
Jarbas are large enemies, though, and thusly aren't susceptible to Incapacitate, unless I've been woefully misinformed.

you have been misinformed...

cause walkin into De Ragans layer and casting Megid on his face FTW sucks....

Remedy
Dec 3, 2007, 12:28 PM
Bosses are immune to Incapacitate (and all status effects, for that matter), and Nosudiga (or vanilla Diga) are far better to use on a boss.

And I want some sort of proof of you killing a Large enemy (see: Jarba, Polavohra, Carriguine, etc.) with Megid.

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20071113a

Updating Endurance For Huge Enemies: To improve attack variation against huge enemies, endurance will be lowered for some parts of huge enemies which are currently affected by high-level status effects. With this update, even low-level status effects become potentially useful against huge enemies, although they will have low probability of working.

Does this mean that only status effects that have been able to affect certain large mobs have a better chance at landing? Or does it also mean that large mobs are capable of being affected by any status effect?

Chaosgyro
Dec 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
That's pretty much what we're trying to figure out.

Pandorasbox
Dec 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
IIRC some people have mentioned that some Large monster (i.e.Jarba) continue to have resistances to many SE. My order of Ult. Techs have been:
Nosuzonde-comes with alot of bells n whistles (shock, homing, knockdown). PP is an issue though.
Megiverse-great dark tech. HP steal is alright too (not great either).
Nosudiga-crazy powerhouse tech especially when leveled(3 hits).
Others I want is Giresta (so much better in AOI), Regrants (only light attack and knock back) and perhaps Megid. Megistar would be great for a WT imo.

Kion
Dec 4, 2007, 12:53 PM
most large enemies are resistant to insta-kill. and i beleive that enemy STA have been nerfed, so lower SE's will land after enough hits and higher SE's should work faster. Killer Shot is comically effective against robots now.

In terms of ultimate techs, the three i recomend are nosdiga, megid and giresta. I advise against Megistar for any class except GT, which has high mobility so the damage taken to the caster doesn't matter and makes for an extremely sexy combination with yak zegenga.

gurmlk
Dec 6, 2007, 01:15 AM
What's your playstyle, and what kind of strategy are you going for with your character, because that such information would have a large effect on what technic you would want to buy. For example, if your character is more supportive, I would say go for giresta, and if you don't use any ranged weapons I would say either noszonde or nosmegid (nosmegid is one of them, right?) so that you can strike flying enemies, assuming you would want to have a way to do that without using a ranged weapon. There are other circumstances that could be the case, but I don't want to take the time to think of and list them all, especially because it would be too likely that I would over look some. I honestly don't think there is a single weapon type or pa choice that is just simply overall a better choice over any other choice in the game, it depends completely on the player and the plans the player has with his/her character.

SolRiver
Dec 6, 2007, 01:50 AM
Going by info I ate from JP wiki...

HP steal from Megiverse doesn't break freeze. (I am assuming sleep as well?)

Regrant take away 12% of your hp per tick (maximum of 35 hits at 120% lv40). Also, damfoie and regrant share the knock-back effect.

Megistar's tick that cost your hp varies with the level (lv11, 21, 31) with lv31 being 6 times 7% hp in 9 sec, and lv1 5 times 7% hp in 5 sec.

Nosudiga need to have lock on in order to have the spell follow something. The lock on is melee range, so you can't expect all your shots hit the right target from a distance when it reach high level.

Nosuzonde and nosumegid was very similar with nosumegid being 5% stronger at max level but weaker at lower of the same level. Both perform knockdown. (pretty sure with nosumegid costing hp... but I am not sure)

Also some large monsters are still completely immune to certain SE. My virus G/ex burn traps were completely useless against Carriguine just yesterday.