PDA

View Full Version : Forces might be interested in this

Dyras
Jan 7, 2003, 11:04 PM
This may have been brought up before but I haven't seen it in the messages.

With my Viridia HUnewearl I found a wizard/technique somewhere (sadly I forget where) and tossed it to the side with my force alt.

I found out later that with it on you can use disks that are a level higher

ex. your current resta level is 1, wizard/technique raises it to 2, you can use resta level 3 disk (or the level 2 disk if you unequip the item)

Utilizing these in this manner gives forces a larger option to level up techniques as you can just unequip it if your item puts you at the level of the tech already.

Wizard/technique 1 level
Devil/technique 2 levels
god/technique 3 levels

VulpesMundi
Jan 7, 2003, 11:16 PM
Not exactly new news. Those have been around and have done exactly that since version 1 on the Dreamcast. But I'm sure newbies who didn't already know will be interested in that information. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Illiana
Jan 7, 2003, 11:36 PM
Does it still screw up and lower your tech one level if you have L30 techs and equip/unequip wizard/technique?

Whatley
Jan 8, 2003, 12:14 AM
They shouldn't.

These units just make your techs act one/two/three levels higher then the levels of techs that you have when they are equipped.

I am not sure what happens to lvl 30 techs. I think they would just stay 30 unless for some odd reason it shows that they go up to 31, 32 or 33. o_O

pixelate
Jan 8, 2003, 01:30 AM
With the increase in tech level, the TP your techs require also increase. So loading your slots with tech units might not be a great idea at a low level.

Just a thought.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 8, 2003, 09:21 AM
Actually...

You could not stack tech units in the DC versions.

And for the record, the limit is level 30.

Personally, I wouldn't stack Wizard/Techniques as the 1 or 2 level difference... just doesn't make much of a difference.

Dyras
Jan 8, 2003, 04:29 PM
It is nice though if your trying to level techs and one didn't drop but the next level up did

Raist
Jan 8, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-01-08 13:29, Dyras wrote:
It is nice though if your trying to level techs and one didn't drop but the next level up did

wait a minute, are you under the impression that you have to use tech disks in order *for example resta 1, resta 2, resta 3* cause you don't. I may just have missinterpreted your meaning but thats what it looked like, if i was wrong just ignore all that ^

Kupi
Jan 8, 2003, 09:41 PM
Well... it might be interesting if you want to see the visual effects tied to techs that're higher level, in the case that you're just one or two levels off.

On a nearly related note, at what level does Resta make that big flash effect when you case it? I'm thinking level 30, because my Resta is level 28 and it still does do it. I can pull it off with a Resta Merge, though... I think.

BlueFire2k5
Jan 9, 2003, 03:43 PM
Level 30 resta doesn't look any different then the other levels, or so it is on my FOnewmn.

dj_dan
Jan 9, 2003, 05:35 PM
Kupi, it only does that with a resta merge.