PDA

View Full Version : So I just saw...

unicorn
Dec 3, 2007, 07:00 PM
US/EU + PS2/PC.

Someone joined my party. I looked at their palette. Behold, an Okarod. I sure as hell know this thing isn't released in the JP server, yet alone the US/EU server. Shame I can't take pictures (PS2 here). So I tried to get my friend to take the picture of it, but by then it seemed like the player realized they still had it equipped, and then only had 5 weapons in their palette (a Psycho Wand 6/10, Gaozoran Rod 10/10, Halarod 10/10, Uransara x2 @ 10/10, Shi-kikami 10/10, and a Shato 10/10).

2 days later. A player joins my party. He has a real handgun. Now, I know its released on the xbox 360, but it sure as heck isn't on the PS2/PC. He apparently DCed or something, since he left immediately.

Whats going on? >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2007-12-03 16:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2007-12-03 16:02 ]</font>

guise709
Dec 3, 2007, 07:06 PM
hackorz man

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 3, 2007, 07:08 PM
Sounds fishy... It's always good to get a screenshot for evidence.
If you run into someone with an illegal weapon it wouldn't hurt to write their GUID number and just file a simple report ticket to SEGA. Just say you saw a player (Insert their GUID) with weapon so-and-so which isn't suppose to be out yet. It might be enough that they'll look into it... They might go ghost or something and check their account real quick.

Shadow_Wing
Pretty sure the real handgun was released PS2/PC side, I recall avoiding the event just to not get it lol.

Anyways with the okarod, it's probably relics of the past or one of the few script kiddies that still play the game. I wouldn't worry too much about it, they're at best extremely rare cases, and that sort of thing is just uncommon now a days.

Edit: Before we start some random witch hunt, just be aware it's an online game, THERE WILL BE THIS KIND OF CRAP no matter what game u play. So u either just report em and be on ur way or think nothing of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-03 16:10 ]</font>

Umberger
I guess it's possible that some of the hacking groups discovered another exploit with the release of the expansion...but I don't want to be the one starting rumors, so I'll go back to the age old saying...no pix no pruf. =p

Chuck_Norris
Ugh....It was only a matter of time...

Gemel
Dec 3, 2007, 07:09 PM
Really? I thought the rod was released becuase I think I saw one drop when doing the new mission. Meh could've been another item with a similar name.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 07:11 PM
Probably saw an Okanoh, which is the axe nuda 10* weapon, which looks like an okarod with a tail lol.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 3, 2007, 07:11 PM
We did not get the real handgun. Only 360 got it with one of their demo weekends.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 07:14 PM
Is that so? I guess, well either way that gun is annoying, idk who in their right mind would want to EQ it. I rather just NPC it and get the meseta out of it then lose my sanity <<

Chuck_Norris
Dec 3, 2007, 07:16 PM
I bet you're one of the people who boots for rappy suits too. >_>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 07:21 PM
Nah I like the rappy suit, and the sound effect isn't THAT bad, but have u used a those real handguns?!

Ugh I couldn't stand more than 5 mins of it =/

Chuck_Norris
Dec 3, 2007, 07:25 PM
Yes, i have used them. I think they're made of lulz.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 07:27 PM
lol, then u sir, I consider crazy XD. Though I admit the 1st time it was kinda cool, then it got annoying, now I can't stand them anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Syl
Dec 3, 2007, 07:35 PM
Meh, i dont feel to sound so blunt, but with this sort of thing you need visual evidence or it's total BS. There's just too many people who get a kick out of scaring the community into paranoia.

Para
Dec 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
Shadow_Wing is right.

Its an online game and its bound to happen sadly.

The best thing to do is just report people who are getting unreleased items to curb the problem slightly.

Security in an online game is hard...

Tamashi
Dec 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
Would "pics or it didn't happen" be fitting? Nah thats too cruel. I just want some real proof.

Nyreal
Dec 3, 2007, 07:48 PM
At least ST is doing something moderately intelligent by letting Gameguard handle the hacking situation.

PSO, anyone?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 3, 2007, 08:02 PM
GameGuard has tons of holes including one completely unpatchable one that's been around for months. So no, I wouldn't say that's 'moderately intelligent'.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 08:04 PM
lolclientside

That itself is it's biggest flaw XD.

Nyreal
Dec 3, 2007, 08:04 PM
I still think that its a viable alternative to the entirely NONEXISTANT hacking prevention that was so prevalent in PSO DC and GC.

PK Codes? Corruption Hack? Yes, Sega works so faithfully to prevent hacking.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 3, 2007, 08:34 PM
Gameguard is the worst hack protection ever.
heard of Gunz: The Duel? That's protected by Gameguard and is the most hacked game of all time

THE JACKEL

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 3, 2007, 08:46 PM
Probably a left over from the early hacking, shoved in a PM. Just like 99% of the Psychowands that people had before a couple weeks ago.

Syl
Dec 3, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-12-03 17:39, Nukei wrote:
As Shadow_Wing said it's probably one of the left-over weapons from the mass-creation of S-ranks.

They probably stuffed S-ranks in their inventory whhile/if Sega GMs checked players' rooms for illegit S-ranks by using their database. Does Sega's database also contain information on what a player has in his/her inventory?

That goes into your action log whenever you buy/sell/take out/trade/deposit/pick up/drop anything (including meseta). But of course you can just as easily edit that info.

Teh_pozzum
Dec 3, 2007, 08:52 PM
well... lumia Waber has a okarod right? That may be where they hacked though it... I'm not really sure how in the world hacking works... just that may be why it was spotted recently on a player character...

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 3, 2007, 08:57 PM
Boy...
I sure hope people can tell the differance between an NPC and an actual player...

(;¬ ¬)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-12-03 17:59 ]</font>

superdood22
Dec 3, 2007, 09:02 PM
what proof do you have of it not being out? you guys better fall back if you know whats good for you...

Teh_pozzum
Dec 3, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-12-03 17:57, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
Boy...
I sure hope people can tell the differance between an NPC and an actual player...

(;¬ ¬)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-12-03 17:59 ]</font>

>.> Yes I can tell the difference... I'm just saying that is something that happened recently (lumia becoming a NPC) that in my head may be a possible root to getting a okarod... but like I said I have no idea if that is even a viable rout and really I don't want to know...

9lotus
Dec 4, 2007, 01:01 AM
lumia has an okarodoc, not an okarod

omegapirate2k
Dec 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
I hope for your guys' sake this doesn't increase in frequency.