PDA

View Full Version : FOs - How can you afford it? o.O;;

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 8, 2003, 07:50 AM
Not too long ago, I started my FOnewm Frosty II. His TP used to be where I could just use a difluid or two and have full TP again. Now I have about 1400 TP, and Difluids are like Monofluids to me. The problem is, I CANNOT afford Trifluids. I only have about 90k in my bank, and judging by how I get rid of fluids, they wouldn't last that long anyway. I know sooner or later I'm going to have to start buying them, but how can I afford them?

Sedyne
Jan 8, 2003, 07:58 AM
For FO's budy, you need to be picking up every single item possible and go to ship when you fill up and sell. In VH ruins is a great place to fill up, an on those trips back to teh ship selling items its better to go to the nurse and refill your tp as well because Trifluisd are VERY costly. I find myself making at least 2 - 3 runs back to the ship when i used a FO. I try to conserve my fluids as much as possible but also letting most of the HU's do the work. Constantly casting spells is a waste of TP on your part unless ur party is all fo's. ju8st use support/heal and hit the room once to get the exp. that's all i know. and get eery possible item and sell em.

Maelkith
Jan 8, 2003, 08:17 AM
i think its best to have a hu/racast second character as a benefactor. my hucast is filthy rich and the money just keeps pilling up. so.. i started a force. a silly racast in hard mode could be sitting on 600k easy (mine was). when i play as any character i usually try to pick up every barrier i see.

i play my hucast or racast, make half a million on each, then transfer funds. those two characters only need about 90k to keep them going.

Phobos-X
Jan 8, 2003, 09:35 AM
not only that, it might help if you have the Yellowboze ID rather than the standard Pinkal for a FOrce

elfin
Jan 8, 2003, 10:10 AM
Its not that hard... I dont consider it a problem at least... Ive maxed out my bank several times... and i only use spells with my FOmar (for now).. It can be a bit tricky in the first 20 lvl or so... But after that... Easy... But im used to it... I have played with spell casters since the DC v1, so i know how to handle it.

Sol-Invictus
Jan 8, 2003, 10:17 AM
Telepipe + Nurse's station is a lot cheaper than Trimates. Sure it's a little annoying to pipe up so often, but you do what you gotta do.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jan 8, 2003, 02:27 PM
FOmars and FOmarls got it easier money wise, cus they have the choice to melee instead, saving on TP big time, and when they do run low on TP, just heading back to the medical center to regain tp again for 10 meseta instead of 3600. nothing pisses me off more than anything than going to a boss, and going to the store to see them have no Trifluids. I'm ready to take somebody's head off then (other FO's can relate to me on this one) BUt yes, going offline and accumulating a large sum of money is what i suggest for other FO's who don't have the luxury.

Alisha
Jan 8, 2003, 02:56 PM
at level 65 my force finally has a steady stream of cash and meleeing does helpe alot as long as i melee and dont use more than 5 trifluids i always bring back more money than i spend

Kaervek
Jan 8, 2003, 03:03 PM
On 2003-01-08 04:58, SeanX930 wrote:
...ju8st use support/heal and hit the room once to get the exp...

On my FOmar, I have only 2 damage-causing presets: barta and hard attack (lvl 13 mind you). As for 'hitting the room once to get the exp," I would much rather use Jellen / Zallure. Not only does it count as a hit to get exp, it also helps out the rest of the team by allowing them to hit the monsters less. That, with Shifta / Deband, there's alot of saved work as far as killing those little buggers.

Vitamin_D
Jan 8, 2003, 03:31 PM
1 word..."scholarship". Vitamin D always hooks up my other characters with some cash when they're feeling poor. It's how I keep em from starving to death. This ceases when they can support themselves =).

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 8, 2003, 05:13 PM
Thanks alot. Whoever said make a Yellowboze, it's a little late for that, thanks for the advice anyway =). Yeah, I need to play with Frosty a little bit any, so I can lvl and get some more cash. He's down to 200k >_<

Chibi-Chao
Jan 8, 2003, 06:23 PM
Also, another Alternative is to find a TP Absorbing Weapon, I have a few for my FOmar and I'm finding them VERY useful, and an HP absorbing Weapon helps too.

HC82
Jan 8, 2003, 07:30 PM
Ruins stage is the best way to get money. Just grab every items you see and sell it. You can easily afford fluids by doing Ruins a few times. Pretty much your goal is to make it to V hard ruins as quickly as possible(put on hp units to survive falzs attack at a lower level). You can make tons of mestas in ruins by selling every weapon and armor that drops. You'll have to pipe to town often, but it has to be done.

If your still in normal or hard, do quests. You get exp and cash at the end of the quest.

Once you hit ultimate mode difluids give much more TP then vhard.

Rain_1
Jan 9, 2003, 07:56 AM
I donŽt know much about forcees, as i never used one (always been a hunter)... i wish iŽd start a force char, but not on my dreamcast.. so iŽll just wait till i get a GC or something else..

anyways, i dunno how it works when it comes to force characters and weapons, but a TP Refilling gun would be nice, since you wouldnŽt have to go into body contact with the enemies...

Alena Zouryx
Jan 9, 2003, 12:29 PM
Being a level 100 FOmarl myself, I believe I have found myself in a very similar situation. If you don't mind me saying so, here is what I do:

I am a technique-only fighter, so as you can guess, I gorge on the Trifluids. I have around 1400 TP...and I usually play on Ultimate mode and use nothing but level 30 techs (each with 40-70 TP cost per casting). Now how do I keep myself from going bankrupt?

The key is, only use Trifluids when necessary, such as during a boss battle. And the only time I actually spent the full 36,000 Meseta for 10 Trifluids is when I'm facing a boss. Normally, I keep 10 Difluids with me at all times, and usually only the Trifluids that I find.

The key is, save your money by not always worrying about having your TP bar filled. I usually use a Difluid every time my TP hits 40 or lower. Only use fluids when you ABSOLUTELY need them! And only use Difluids to save cash!!

By doing this, and by picking up and selling every item I've found, I have managed to maintain a good Meseta balance (396k), which is just enough to by whatever is needed for boss fights.

Just be conservative, and try not to use fluids unless absolutely necessary.

Annoy
Jan 9, 2003, 01:16 PM
Once you make V-Hard...its pretty easy to keep your money up. Just be conservative, pick up some of the more expensive rare items, and when ever you fill warp back sell (maybe take a trip to the nurse), then head back and start again. Get something like a Talis or Mahu that can hit multiple enemies and also can absorb TP. Keep that as a secondary weapon. Then get a weapon that can cast magics that you use the most in the area you're going. Foie for the Forest and caves (Hildebear's Cane), Zonde or Gizonde (That weapon that looks like a lightning bolt...can't remember the name. But I think it was "The Sigh of a God") for the mines. And again something that will cast Foie for the ruins. It saves a lot of TP...and when you're really struggling for TP, use the Talis or Mahu to get a lot back. I can fill my TP (800 or something of the sort), off 2 forest enemies in Hard mode. It may help to have a high level DEX mag when you want to absorb TP with your Talis or Mahu, they don't seem to connect a lot. But...those tactics seem to work really well for a FO or any kind....and if you have a Newman species you can stand still to gain some extra TP for a Resta or Ryuker cast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Annoy on 2003-01-09 10:17 ]</font>

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jan 9, 2003, 01:35 PM
i never use a weapon because im a FOmar and it slows my casting rate down alot so i killed dark felts with my bare hands and its in ult off line but online i get my ass kicked to the curb and feed to a rappy.

Ghaleon
Jan 9, 2003, 02:04 PM
talis and mahu does wonders. i found a double saber last night and ever since i havent made a single trip to town for fluids. double saber is the way to go. im a lvl 55 FOmar, i melee on forest-caves and use techs mines-ruins. works really good and i never have problems with tp anymore.

Alielle
Jan 9, 2003, 03:11 PM
I've found that my Redria ID helps a lot. You get lots of armor, and armor is expensive. Cha-ching! Even then, it's really rare for me to break 500k meseta due to buying fluids for mag feeding and for myself... not to mention the fact that I lose money every time I play online, because I go berzerk and cast techs like mad. So the key for me to make money is to play offline every once in a while (VH ruins is a cakewalk, and I get tons of money selling stuff), use the hospital every time I'm low on TP, and/or beg (I've always been able to pay people back later).