PDA

View Full Version : Hello, boyes..

Blue-Hawk
Dec 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
As Mel Brooks once said.

Well, after trying EVERYTHING to get on, I did the last thing I could think of..... Re-install windows.

Needless to say, it................................................ ..........................

WORKED!!!!!!

I'm online!!!!!! Now, where's my free stuff? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Kidding. Now to see where any of you are. It logged me in at 1:15, for now. How do I get to the official PSOW area to meetup with y'all

I admit when I'm wrong about ST and their bad servers. It actually WAS something with my pc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2007-12-04 21:44 ]</font>

addictedtopsu
Dec 5, 2007, 02:16 PM
ok i have 2 question what probablems were you having and which windows did you re-install im just wondering i might be having the same probablems so i might just need to re-install windows too

Blue-Hawk
Dec 5, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-12-05 11:16, addictedtopsu wrote:
ok i have 2 question what probablems were you having and which windows did you re-install im just wondering i might be having the same probablems so i might just need to re-install windows too

XP with SP2. And the issues were that my system was all screwed. Needed it, anyway.

I do NOT reccomend it, though. >_< Thank GOD for my DS. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
ok i was just wondering because my lab top has vista and it wouldnt play psu on it but now for some reason its letting me play and im happy yay

Khaleb
Dec 6, 2007, 01:03 PM
Vista's main hangup with PSU is that it doesn't like to let you update GG (& therefore launch the game) due to Vista's reluctance to allow modification of the "Program Files" directory. The quick fix is:
-Right-click on your PSU icon
-Select properties
-Click the "Shortcut" tab
-Click the "Advanced" button. This will bring up the "Advanced Properties" screen
-Check the box that says "Run as administrator"
-Click "OK" on the "Advanced Properties" screen
-Click "OK" in the main properties window

Now, whenever you run PSU (or AoI depending on which icon you modified), it will bypass the write restrictions. Normally just setting this property seems to fix the issue, but I have seen some instances where a full system restart was required afterwards (to cement the new permissions in the system, I believe).

I hope this helps!

-Khaleb