PDA

View Full Version : So whats up with the weapons + armor combos?

milka
Dec 5, 2007, 06:31 AM
Still dont see any diference between Yamata-Misaki + Yamata-senba and Yamata-Misaki + Orpa-senba.

-_-*

amtalx
Dec 5, 2007, 08:29 AM
They suck now... WHY THE HELL DID I COLLECT ALL THOSE RABOL DUNGA BOARDS?!?! Damn you ST.

relentless
Dec 5, 2007, 08:37 AM
*sells Nafri-senba boards*
Now I need less Ortaresin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soulless
Dec 5, 2007, 08:41 AM
On 2007-12-05 05:29, amtalx wrote:
They suck now... WHY THE HELL DID I COLLECT ALL THOSE RABOL DUNGA BOARDS?!?! Damn you ST.

Dungas got nice units and are rather cheap to craft for A rank armors - the reason I made lots of em. However I did also hope for that set bonus when using cubo dunga... pwned >_<

amtalx
Dec 5, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'm still going to make them, since I threw a cool 1/2 mill at making my armor bot after it being Lvl 5 for a year (thanks 1Up rewards). I'll probably use Storm Lines though. It's not worth being restricted to A rank units for an extra 10 damage.

drizzle
Dec 5, 2007, 08:56 AM
Hm, I wonder... a few months ago this scan of some JP magazine appeared with a list of all set bonuses... but the Yamata-Misaki + Yamata-senba wasn't on it. We just kinda assumed they were a set but perhaps they aren't after all?

The armor description does say it works well with certain twin claws.... I dunno :s

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-12-05 05:58 ]</font>

perfectminute
Dec 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
My friend with 46% yamata-misaki tested the damage between with and without the armor. With agdaride and no armor he hit 4400 last hit, with armor and agdaride he hits 4800 last hit.

Reginaldo
Dec 5, 2007, 09:13 AM
I heard armor sets in AoI are nerfed. Nobody really has any real sources or confirmation though. I can test out the crimson or dunga set later I guess.

gryphonvii
Dec 5, 2007, 09:33 AM
I do more damage with a crimson line on than without, over 100 more damage per hit with the first part of gravity strike, haven't really looked at spinning

Esufer
Dec 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
I was super-glad I spent all my money on a half-decent Gigush line just before AotI came out.

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2007, 10:03 AM
I guess I should test to see how much bonus I'm getting from my Rabol Gant.

TheBlackDeath
Dec 5, 2007, 11:58 AM
I didn't use the Ga-senba and Ga-misaki set until after the expansion and recently I tested to see the damage difference and it came out to about 600 less while using a different armor. That doesn't really sound nerfed to me.

SkyCrusader
Dec 6, 2007, 05:07 AM
Does the Phantom line + Phantom combo work or not. I had been using 16% dark Phantom line then got Storm line and idont see any differance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Pillan
Dec 6, 2007, 06:57 AM
Don't forget that base ATP was boosted and armor sets add a set amount of ATP, not a multiplier. Therefore it's entirely possible that the change in damage is just too small for you to notice. I mean, say a set adds 60 ATP, that's only a 30 or so damage difference on level 30 arts with mid-range element gear. So you're looking at a 45 damage difference, which isn't a lot when you're spamming 1000s. It's probably smaller than the natural weapon damage variance itself.

Easiest way to be sure is to count 100 hits with and without the armor set and record your highest dealt damage each time. If the high point is higher with the armor, the set bonus probably exists.