PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Pimp C

TeKneeK
Dec 5, 2007, 12:21 PM
Apparently he was found dead yesterday in a hotel. No signs of foul play.

This fucking sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Jaspaller
Dec 5, 2007, 12:49 PM
Pimp C? The guy who was part of UGK? or was that 3-6 mafia...

DarthRuin
Dec 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
I think only people from texas are gonna care tek

DizzyDi
Dec 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
I care tek.
The worst part about Pimp C's death is that UGK is 5-6 albums deep in the game and they're JUST starting to get the shine they deserve.
This is the 1st time that a musician's death has effected me.
I was too young to care about Tupac and Biggie and I didn't know about J Dilla before he died, but I've been repping UGK for a minute. And I'm not even from Texas.

DarthRuin
Dec 5, 2007, 01:19 PM
I still wear my "Free Pimp C" shirt.

InfinityXXX
Dec 5, 2007, 02:59 PM
lol I'm from Texas and I.............am devastated...however shall i continue my life w/o Pimp C of UGK?

nah, i'm playin and i'm sorry he died...he played a very important role in shedding light on us Southern Emcees....

(damn, an he died at the wrong time of the year too)

*On a lighter note....my family and cousins that rap down here, still pronounce his moniker....."Pepsi"

Zorafim
Dec 5, 2007, 04:59 PM
I am going to refrain from posting in this topic.

Oh snap!

Um, I'll assume this is a rapper? They just found him dead on a bed for no reason?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-05 14:39 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Dec 5, 2007, 06:06 PM
There hasn't been an official release as to the cause of his death but they said, unofficially, that no drugs were found in the hotel room he was found dead in. So right now its assumed he died of natural causes.

InfinityXXX
Dec 5, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-12-05 10:17, DizzyDi wrote:
I care tek.
The worst part about Pimp C's death is that UGK is 5-6 albums deep in the game and they're JUST starting to get the shine they deserve.
This is the 1st time that a musician's death has effected me.
I was too young to care about Tupac and Biggie and I didn't know about J Dilla before he died, but I've been repping UGK for a minute. And I'm not even from Texas.

Yea...I was suprised that "International Player's Anthem" aactually got airplay...i mean god forbid that the talented Andre 3000 and the talented members of UGK make an album together and it actually get airplay.

DarthRuin
Dec 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
Too much lean in the cup

DonRoyale
Dec 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
I heard about it, just didn't get why.

I'm waiting on the cause of death to be released. It seems...strange as it stands, because it wasn't a gunshot (which is what I was expecting), and apparently, no drugs.

Well, Chamillionare seems affected. Says he's postponing the MM4 mixtape because of Pimp C's death.

That's so strange...I've always thought UGK was more popular than they actually were (even though I will always love "The Game Belongs To Me" more than "International Player's Anthem". Always.), but when I heard about it, I was expecting bigger things to happen. All I got from the music channels I watch was BET playing "Big Pimpin" as a flashback (which is how I first heard of them). I would've thought MuchMusic would have said something, since they covered the death of the Hawthrone Heights guy, and I've never even heard of Hawthrone Heights...

May his soul rest in peace.

(On a lighter note, Bun B won't have to wait for him to go to jail in order to release solo albums anymore...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif)

/optimism

InfinityXXX
Dec 6, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-12-05 20:51, DarthRuin wrote:
Too much lean in the cup

LMAO...is it wrong if i laughed at that lol...(Purp drink is not good for you...*Its taste nasty anyway*)

EDIT:In this tragic event for H-town..I'll like to mention the joyful things....like my school has a memorial thingy for him...and, lol, they're countless posters across campus wishing for him to R.I.P and the schools forums have been spammed with news of his death and memories of his career lol, Houston really loves Pimp C lol

However, I really respect him (UGk) were a major influence to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2007-12-06 18:47 ]</font>