PDA

View Full Version : need help playing psu on a pc with vista

addictedtopsu
Dec 5, 2007, 02:45 PM
ok i installed psu after like 3 months or so of not being able to play on my lab top with vista on it, and i look on oter forums to see how to fix the probablems im having. the probablems im having is whenever i click to play either story or network mode gameguard starts downloading stuff or whatever it does in the corner then a screen pops up and im like yay its gonna let me play then a japanese error pops up and i get sad, so i looked on other forums and people said to right click on the psu icon thingy and click on properties then click on the capability tab and check the box that says run this program in the capability mode for and click on the down arrow below it to make sure you set it to windows xp (service pack 2) and i tried that and it didnt work. then i re-read the forum and it said to click on start and search for the psu folder and click on the folder and check the box run this program in capability for and make sure the down arrow is on windows xp(service pack 2) for the files titled online, option ,psu ,and psuoff. that didnt work at all when i tried to play after i did all this so i checked the forum again and at the bottom of it, it had a link to another forum on sega.com and i clicked on it and there was a guy on there that said to do the same thing but he said while still under the capability tab for all of these files check the box that says run this program as an administater so i check that box and tried to play it again and i got sad again and a little mad too becuase i did everything they said they did to make psu work with vista and it didnt work at all. so can somebody else tell me what they did to get psu to work with vista please??

addictedtopsu
Dec 5, 2007, 02:58 PM
hmmm well this is wierd i clicked on psu to play it but heres the thing i didnt do anything to the capability stuff or anything to the files becuase i just re-installed it yesterday for like the 5th time and the screen popped up like it does but the error didnt pop up and its letting me play story mode.......... you think it'll let me play network mode now or do you think this is just a 1 time thing like the only i played psu when like 3 months ago before my lab top died because i accidently forgot to plug it in lol and then i plugged it in to charge and i went to play psu again on story mode like i was doing and the error started popping up

Khaleb
Dec 6, 2007, 01:13 PM
Here... I just posted this in another thread you asked this question in:

Vista's main hangup with PSU is that it doesn't like to let you update GG (& therefore launch the game) due to Vista's reluctance to allow modification of the "Program Files" directory. The quick fix is:
-Right-click on your PSU icon
-Select properties
-Click the "Shortcut" tab
-Click the "Advanced" button. This will bring up the "Advanced Properties" screen
-Check the box that says "Run as administrator"
-Click "OK" on the "Advanced Properties" screen
-Click "OK" in the main properties window

Now, whenever you run PSU (or AoI depending on which icon you modified), it will bypass the write restrictions. Normally just setting this property seems to fix the issue, but I have seen some instances where a full system restart was required afterwards (to cement the new permissions in the system, I believe).

I hope this helps!

-Khaleb

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 02:54 PM
ok thanks but its the wierdest thing now my lab top died becuase i didnt have it plugged in and the next morning i logged into my lab top like usuall can i saw that everything that i did to my psu game before just went back to normal and it was like i didnt do anything at all to it so i got mad becuase it took kind of a long time to do all that stuff and i thought to myself you know im gonna try to play psu before i start doing all that stuff over again incase it works without me doing everything and it let me play for the 1st time in over 3 months ever since then its been working fine i dont know what i did to make it work though