PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Is there some reason we're ignoring Sacred Stre

Helly
Dec 5, 2007, 08:22 PM
Does nothing drop there? L105+... you'd think something good would! On B those armed servants drop 6* longbow so I imagine higher rank longbows may drop there to? It took 49 minutes but I manged ta solo it (as a GT that don't even got Killer Shot) and got nice monies and a Diad (that I got no use for). I guess the enemies can be pretty annoying but still. It's quick mission at only 2 blocks! Have people just become lazy due to lobby warping or is this just the usual mob mentality at work o.o?

PALRAPPYS
Dec 5, 2007, 08:23 PM
Meh, everyone wants the boss drops from Altera.

YUKI_N
Dec 5, 2007, 08:23 PM
Robots

Powder Keg
Dec 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
Robots and the player-esque enemies are annoying.

Xaeris
Dec 5, 2007, 08:35 PM
There's barely anything there, even on S.

http://psupedia.info/Sacred_Stream

As you can see, the only thing there worth a damn is the Hirokteri board, and the Shinowa Line. I'm not one to downplay 9* boards, but really, not a single one of those is worthwhile.

Helly
Dec 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
I thought Diads were worth stuff? Maybe they're going for < 650k for no reason. -_-?

I know White Beast drops some okay stuff to and I'm not saying to abandon that and spam SS but geez~ pretty lame to skip an incredibly short mission out of laziness.

Hank
Dec 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
Diads drop more often on WBS

Dealer
Dec 5, 2007, 08:52 PM
I can only speak for the 360 version, but right now there is a bug with robots that causes the game to lag and stutter horribly. As a result a lot of players are avoiding that level until they fix it.

Xaeris
Dec 5, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-12-05 17:43, Helly wrote:
I thought Diads were worth stuff? Maybe they're going for < 650k for no reason. -_-?

I know White Beast drops some okay stuff to and I'm not saying to abandon that and spam SS but geez~ pretty lame to skip an incredibly short mission out of laziness.

Diads drop on White Beast as well though, along with other more worthwhile drops. SS isn't being skipped out of laziness. It simply offers very little of worth that can't be found elsewhere.

TheTofuShop
Dec 6, 2007, 04:42 AM
On 2007-12-05 17:52, Dealer wrote:
I can only speak for the 360 version, but right now there is a bug with robots that causes the game to lag and stutter horribly. As a result a lot of players are avoiding that level until they fix it.

yargh! this was happening to me today, it was annoying with the lag at the end.

drizzle
Dec 6, 2007, 05:29 AM
I like the mission personally, I've run it quite a few times. Drops there have a really good drop rate aswell, I've gotten every single S drop listed on the wiki except for the 9* axe board. It's rare to do a run and not have at least one board or weapon drop.

DesertGunner
Dec 6, 2007, 07:08 AM
I've spammed White Beast like hell and got a Togeha-zashi, raikasobrac board, a suffad, and a bunch of other shit, but I've never seen any diads drop there.

-Ryuki-
Dec 6, 2007, 07:35 AM
Shinowaline would be the only reason for me to "farm" at Sacred Stream.

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
If it wasn't for the 360 slowdown, I'd be running that mission to farm for Orta-mats. There are many more opportunities to get them on this run than on any other that are currently released.

Mysterious-G
Dec 6, 2007, 12:20 PM
Those freaking badass boss robots. They are just cruel... I share some bad memories of them...
Never... again... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

desturel
Dec 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
I do sacred stream for resin and polymer, but I have to reset my xbox every three runs or so because of the extreme slowdown (xbox360).

RedCoKid
Dec 6, 2007, 01:21 PM
The shinowa line is nice for its extra slot, +3 STA, and high EVA. Take a group of gunners, techers, and a protranser. Use killer shot and razonde on the robots. Use boma maga, ice traps, and (ra)megid on the shinowa. This mission shouldn't be that tough with 2-4 people.

As for armor, you will face every element. That's the real challenge: choosing your poison. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Edit: A ground or dark vish adac works nicely on the humanoids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-12-06 10:24 ]</font>

Eureka
Dec 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
360 here too. Lag is real bad in block two. But I WIPO say that even with my under developed killer shot and lvl 20 razonde robot go down fast. I would do it more if not for the lag issue.

Pillan
Dec 6, 2007, 01:51 PM
I farm it for Shinowalines. Made a 50% dark and a 28% light so far. It also has all of the YC 9 star gun boards, which are a nice addition for a GT/FG, and countless Ortapolymers which sell pretty easily. Not that big on S ranks though.

It's really easy to solo as GT. The enemies are pushovers with decent bullet levels, light armor, and Killer Shot.

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-12-06 10:31, Eureka wrote:
360 here too. Lag is real bad in block two. But I WIPO say that even with my under developed killer shot and lvl 20 razonde robot go down fast. I would do it more if not for the lag issue.

WIPO?

CelestialBlade
Dec 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-12-06 10:51, Pillan wrote:
It's really easy to solo as GT. The enemies are pushovers with decent bullet levels, light armor, and Killer Shot.

Yeah, almost too easy. If anything it's a good mission for amassing trade fodder.

Mystil
Dec 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
Because no one else does.

Helly
Dec 6, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-12-06 02:29, drizzle wrote:
I like the mission personally, I've run it quite a few times. Drops there have a really good drop rate aswell, I've gotten every single S drop listed on the wiki except for the 9* axe board. It's rare to do a run and not have at least one board or weapon drop.

Lucky x_X I didn't find any boards though I was only through it once. I hate soloing though...

Is it really neccessary for a GT to have Killer Shot? Frozen & Burning took long enough to level up and I don't even got 'em at 30 yet!

CelestialBlade
Dec 6, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-12-06 12:20, Helly wrote:

Is it really neccessary for a GT to have Killer Shot? Frozen & Burning took long enough to level up and I don't even got 'em at 30 yet!

Well, have fun killing robots really slowly by any other means. Killer Shot honestly didn't take me more than a couple days to get past 21, and no I wasn't playing constantly.

Pillan
Dec 6, 2007, 04:33 PM
The best part about that stage is that once every 5 runs or so you get another rifle board and 2 out of 3 of those will work. The 9 star YC rifle is the ultimate GT killer shot spam gun.

My pallet of Falgohohs was replaced with a pallet of whatever the 9 star is called after the first day.

kissablepimp
Dec 6, 2007, 04:42 PM
Every monster thier are a pain in the a double snakes and you hardly get anything for your hard effort.