PDA

View Full Version : network mode for pc help

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 05:36 PM
i have 2 questions:
1. when it says i have to type in my SEGA ID and password is that the password and username i used on playsega.com to get my guardians liscence??
2. i type in my username and password and i click log in and it pops up a thing that says checking for new patch files and then after it says that it says (NO. 044) server not found anybody know why its doing this and the reason i asked the 1st question was because maybe im typing in the wrong username and password please help

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 06:06 PM
ok i know the answer to my first question i am typing in the right password and username but it was still popping up the (NO. 044) server not found thing so i right clicked on my psu icon went down to properties clicked on the capability tab and checked the box that says run this program in the capability for or whatever it says and i made sure it was on windows xp (service pack 2) like some people have told me to do and it worked at first it let me download 1 patch then when it would say press enter to end the game and the thing would pop up where i could pick story or network mode thing popped up and i clicked network mode again and i went to log in again and it let me download another patch and i did the same thing after it downloaded the 2nd patch and when i went to log in again it started popping up the (NO. 044) server not found thing and everytime i click retry it pops up the checking for patch files thing again and then after it pops up the (NO. 044) server not found again so anyone know why it let me dowload 2 patches and then it started up again and can someone tell me how to fix this

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 07:00 PM
i figured out how to download these patches but it kept downloading the same patch i think over and over again after like the 5 patch i downloaded and now it keeps saying (NO. 044) server not found so can someone please help me even if i turn off the thing i did to make it work it says the same thing (NO. 044) server not found and its getting annoying because it was just working

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 07:28 PM
any help at all about why it keeps saying (NO. 044) server not found or how to fix it so i can play (after downloading the patches of course) would help me out a lot

addictedtopsu
Dec 6, 2007, 07:58 PM
ok i restarted my computer to see if that would help and now its letting me download patches but i think it keeps downloading the same one over and over again becuase all of the patches ive downloaded so far since i restarted my computer have the save amount of bytes where it says patch file they all have 1969186bytes so either im downloading the same patch over and over again or all the patches im downloading are different patches but they all have 1969186bytes im not really sure how to tell it if its the same patch because it says the same thing on every patch it has 2 bars 1 bar is titled patch file and the other one is a percentage bar anf at the top it just says something like downloading patch do not turn off the computer or something like that

Khaleb
Dec 6, 2007, 10:25 PM
Did you follow the steps I gave you to run the program as an administrator? This problem is caused by the fact that you are running Vista, and it doesn't like to let files in the "Program Files" directory (or it's sub-directories) to be modified by a non-admin. As such, your PSU client is downloading the patch, failing to apply it, restarting itself, and starting the whole process over again.

-Khaleb

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
yep i did exactly what you said and as of 8:00 pm last night i logged on successfully and now im a lvl 4 beast (i didnt play alot last night) but anyway yay thanks a lot for the help

Khaleb
Dec 7, 2007, 11:44 AM
Rock on!!! I'm glad to help!

-Khaleb