PDA

View Full Version : Whats more prefered?

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 01:35 AM
So what do more people use out of handguns and shadoogs? What exactly does a shadoog do? sorry I'm coming back tp PSU and dont know much.

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 01:37 AM
Handguns shoots things instead of hitting them, Ranged Mags shoot things while hitting them.

It's basically situational. You can use a handgun to shoot things out of reach, or a range mag to shoot things while you're manually attacking it with a blade.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 8, 2007, 01:39 AM
When looking at all the shadoog users I've seen, I haven't gotten a good handle on how much FREE damage those shadoogs can do in the time frame of a one-handed blade attack. I can't be bothered to spend my hard-earned money on a decent shadoog to find out for myself. I hate the concept of having an automatically-attacking robot thing hovering over my shoulder when it replaces a handgun that I can use to relaibly put on some damage and SE.

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 01:39 AM
hmm sounds like the ranged mags sound more useful to me, thanks for the info!

unicorn
Dec 8, 2007, 01:42 AM
It feels odd having no access to my left-hand weapon....

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 01:44 AM
oh so you get no access? hmm that's no good to me. Hard choice now, handgun sounds a bit better now.

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 01:46 AM
Shadoog is a left hand weapon, so obviously you can't use a left handed weapon when using a shadoog.

A2K
Dec 8, 2007, 01:48 AM
In addition, the attack power of a Shadoog is based on TP, while handguns use your ATP, as well. I'm not certain it makes a world of difference or not, though--a CAST character versus a newman, perhaps, but inbetween it's rather muddied. Not to mention the variations between the class types themselves.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 8, 2007, 01:48 AM
What's strange about that is it is NOT in your hand, but floating over your shoulder like a mag. Physically speaking, there should be nothing to keep you from using both a shag AND a handgun.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 8, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-12-07 22:48, A2K wrote:
In addition, the attack power of a Shadoog is based on TP, while handguns use your ATP, as well. I'm not certain it makes a world of difference or not, though--a CAST character versus a newman, perhaps, but inbetween it's rather muddied. Not to mention the variations between the class types themselves.

It depends really, as a CAST AT, I like having a shadoog offhand for SEs more than anything, freezing random things helps a tonne, specially when attacking with a dagger or saber.

It really depends in the end of what ur using as a main weapon, imo if you plan to melee a lot shadoogs are ideal, but if u EQ a wand or something of less offensive in your face weapons, than a range weapon is better.

Pillan
Dec 8, 2007, 02:34 AM
If you want ranged damage and SE, every gun is better than Shadoogs. However, if you want some damage and some SE to complement your melee damage, Shadoogs are best. So it really depends on what you're planning to do. If you're meleeing and rarely/never find yourself using the offhand, you should put a Shadoog there.

Tetsaru
Dec 8, 2007, 02:59 AM
Shadoogs suck if you're a FG like me. Not only is the damage based on TP instead of ATT, FG melee options just suck anyway. Sure, our post-AoI Skill level cap allows us to use full one-handed melee combos now, but I really don't see the point. If you're a FG and you're going to be close to the enemies, why not use a shotgun or crossbow for spike damage and status effects instead?

That said, AF's are probably the best class to use Shadoogs with, since they get access to S rank ones, and they have a high TP stat to support them. I think one of the S rank Shadoogs has a laser-like effect that penetrates through enemies, and if it's a ground element, I think it can cause stun... but I may be wrong on that. =/

So yeah, if you like using one-handed melee weapons a lot, and tend to not use any guns, I'd say go AF and use em. Otherwise, just use whatever other ranged options you have.

darkante
Dec 8, 2007, 03:08 AM
Shadoogs = Instant fail on FG.
What use is it on a all focused gunner when he canīt shoot with the other arm?

WE DON`T NEED THAT CRAPPY EXCUSE FOR A SUPPORT MACHINE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A CAST FG!!!! :S

Weeaboolits
Dec 8, 2007, 03:20 AM
If you have a shadoog, you don't have to share your photon charge, HEL YEH.

also, it likes to shoot down flying enemies for me. ;o

Shadow_Wing
Dec 8, 2007, 03:24 AM
On 2007-12-08 00:20, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
If you have a shadoog, you don't have to share your photon charge, HEL YEH.

also, it likes to shoot down flying enemies for me. ;o

YES! why I use them instead of a madoog half the time XD (free damage and SE?! YEA!)