PDA

View Full Version : Is my logic skewered or something?

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 9, 2007, 06:08 AM
I can't recall of a time where I actually posted a topic in the rant section, so this may be the first time. Well, I'm just curious to hear what you guys have to say about this situation that occurred a couple of hours ago.

So, I'm talking with this guy on AIM and during our conversation, he says, "Oh, I haven't showed you my recent cosplay pictures yet, have I?", so I replied with, "No, I don't think so". A few minutes later, he sent me some links to show them to me, then asked, "So, what do ya think?".

My response was, "I don't know". He was cosplaying as Bridget if that matters at all, lol. Anyway..he said, "Is it good or bad?", then I said, "Well..I don't know, honestly". Afterwards, he said, "Oh, so I guess it's bad then".

I told him, "Noooo..that's not what I said. If I thought it was bad, I would say so. If I thought it was good, I would say so. I'm just indecisive about it. Part of me is thinking that maybe I could have done better, but another part is saying that it's not bad, therefore..I don't know. It's like pleading the fifth", then he said, "So, it's pointless then? It must be bad".

I replied back with, "So just because someone pleads the fifth, you're automatically going to say they are the murderer. Gee..that shows how much you value my opinion, huh..?".

So, he claimed, "Anybody I know would think you mean it's bad if you said, "I don't know". I don't know of anybody who would understand your logic" and I said, "That's funny..all of my friends and the handfuls of people I have met through PSU seem to understand my logic just fine. If I say I don't know, well..I..DON'T..KNOW".

Afterwards, he said that I was just a child and that only children are indecisive, then said, "You're just not saying it's bad because you don't want to hurt my feelings, but that's fine. I know how you feel about it. Let's just forget it". I got upset, then said, "Don't treat me like I'm some fucking idiot or a child for that matter. I can make my own decisions just fine, thank you. As I stated before..I'll tell you if I think it's bad. I will also tell you if it's good. However..with this, I'm indecisive about it. I'm not sure which one to lean towards, so...like I said..I DON'T KNOW".

So he said, "I never called you an idiot, don't put words into my mouth. I'm just saying I don't see how anybody could understand YOUR logic" and I replied back with, "Yeah, you're right..you never called me an idiot, but with a comment like, "I don't see how anybody could under YOUR logic", you really don't have to be so direct about it anymore. That pretty much covers it".

He replied back with, "Fine. Whatever. I won't ask you for your opinions anymore, if that's how you're going to be and just act like a two year old who didn't get his bottle", then I said, "Look, I don't care if you ask for my opinion or not, but when I give it to you, you shouldn't just mold my answer into whatever the hell you want to. If I say, "I don't know", that doesn't just translate to, "No". If you want MY opinion, then you should accept my opinion for what it is. If my opinion is, "I don't know" and you can't accept that, that's not my problem, but don't just change it into something YOU want it to be. It's irritating. If you do that, yeah..I'd rather you not ask me for my opinions anymore".

Afterwards, he said I was acting immature and stated that nobody understands my way of thinking and I got pissed off, then told him, "I'm not going to sit here and have you talk down to me, treating me like I'm a fucking idiot. Do whatever the hell you want. Don't ask me for an opinion ever again" and signed out.

Shortly after, I got a mail from him..and I quote:

"Ok, just saying this since you randomly dashed off like an angry two-year-old.

First off, I never called you an idiot. YOU came up with that yourself. You flipped out about ME saying YOU werent understanding "simple logic".

Try THINKING about things BEFORE you open your mouth for once.

I wasnt even angry with you at all, or something. If you arent going to GIVE opinions that make sense to me, I shouldnt be asking for them.

And Im not around you enough to just "understand" every little aspect of your personality like your friends do. Every single person I know WOULDNT have gotten what you were trying to say at all. Just assuming that I WILL understand, is, well, an incorrect assumption. Your friends will get it cause they've been around you long enough. So stuff you say and come up with is gonna make sense to you.

I also SAID, it wasnt very important, and lets just drop the subject. But you wouldnt do that, now would you?

Instead, you simply jumped to conclusions about what I said, without asking me to clarify.

Which, actually PROVES what I was saying about people assuming the worst when you give an opinion of that type, cause YOU WENT AND DID IT YOURSELF. I didnt call you an "idiot', nor do I think that, but YOU WENT AND ASSUMED IT. Maybe you should THINK about that a bit.

BUT, I just wanted to say all of this, maybe get you actually THINKING about it, which Im not sure you're doing.

Come find me online when you're ready to stop acting like that."

I sent a mail a little afterwards which went a little something like this:

"You think you have the right to tell me what I can and cannot do? If you piss me off and I think you're annoying me, my plan is to remove myself from the situation. If that involves "dashing off like an angry two-year-old", then so be it. The situation was already bad enough with you irritating me with your stupid comments, so I figured, "Hey, instead of making it worse, let's do this..*signs out*".

I'll make this short and sweet Brian. Don't you EVER mail me again trying to give me orders..telling me what I can and cannot do. You're not my mother, you're not my father, and I couldn't care less if you were the fucking president of the United States. I am NOT going to have you talk down to me like I'm trash, telling me, "Don't do that again". The whole reason I'm upset is cause of you trying to think FOR me.

I gave you an opinion by telling you, "I don't know" because, well..I didn't! It wasn't that I thought bad of it, but I also didn't think good about it either..then you turned it around and said, "Oh, well you must mean it's bad then". No Brian..if I think it's bad, I'll tell you it's bad. If I think it's good, I'll tell you it is. I don't need you making choices for me. I'm old enough to do that on my own, thank you.

I'm just getting so sick and fucking tired of you treating me like an idiot or like a child. No, it's not because I act like one. It's because you're always sitting here telling me, "Well I don't know of anybody who would understand YOUR logic". EVERYBODY I FUCKING SPEAK WITH, EXCEPT FOR YOU UNDERSTANDS WHAT THE HELL I'M SAYING!!!

The countless handfuls of people I meet through PSU understand what I say..all of my other friends understand what I'm saying..HELL..my fucking FAMILY understands what I say, but you can't. Why do you think that is? Hmmmm...well Brian! I'd have to say it's probably because you're not as fucking smart as you think you are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!

*sighs* Jesus..you just piss me off so much at times when you start playing the role of "God" telling me your ways of thinking are the ONLY ways. You've never directly said that, but then again..with you claiming, "I don't understand your logic" to every fucking thing I say..well...that's enough evidence right there.

So, to close this off..I'll say this. Before you start bitching at me and preaching about how I shouldn't act like a child or give you this "immature" attitude, how about practicing what you preach.

That's all I've got to say."

This has been going on for a while now, so I finally thought it was time to rant about it. Sorry for the post being so long, but it's important to me to figure out what I should do about this situation. Any thoughts, personal experiences, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just tired of feeling so irritated and stressed when I finish a conversation with the man who has the IQ of an eggplant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Anyway, thanks to all of those who read up to this point. I'm going to sleep now and hope I can just forget about this Ordeal of Stupid.

EDIT: spellcheck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-09 03:10 ]</font>

Darkly
Dec 9, 2007, 07:04 AM
Things always escalte over small things, regardless of what you meant, he assumed 'i don't know' meant 'no'. I know it's against principle but if he kept insisting you said no you could have told a white lie saying its alright - maybe you could add this/change this etc. Thats still saying i don't know but at least you are elaborating.

I can understand where he's coming from, I tend to expect my friends to be honest with me, i don't know does sound kind of middle ground to me, you may genuinely be 50/50 but if you explained why a bit more maybe he would have understood.

PhotonDrop
Dec 9, 2007, 08:03 AM
I don't see what the problem is. More to the point, who does he think he is trying to put words in your mouth?

It's silly that he got mad over what he thinks you meant. Personally I would have given up trying to explain things to him after the second time and gone with Darkly's suggestion of giving a little white lie. Just to avoid the conflict about nothing.

Solstis
Dec 9, 2007, 11:13 AM
He seems manipulative. I've dated that before. Bad news.

DizzyDi
Dec 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
I woulda dropped it as soon as he started calling me a child.

ABDUR101
Dec 9, 2007, 12:01 PM
However, I do agree that he kept making it an issue at first, but then you kept the ball rolling. All you'd of had to use was elaborate alittle, give some opinions about the pictures(and I don't think you saying "I think I could have done better" helped). But the funny thing is, both of you were putting words in each other's mouths, and then it just escalated.

One thing, don't just rush offline to elude a situation; get calm, look at the situation and say ok, whoa, lets slow down, things got alittle out of hand there; and then talk it out. I really get pissed when I'm talking to someone, and they say "Fuck this" and then just log off because they did'nt want to sit and talk something out. Atleast be cordial, say "ok, lets talk about this later, we're spinning our tires at the moment".

Even the emails you sent to each other, were just a continual berating of one another; and yours was expecially harsh. You kept reiterating the same thing over and over and at times you came across as 'way over the top', and you actually came across like a little kid spazzing out. "You're not my mother, you're not my father, I don't care if you're the President!".

I think both of you need to step back and look at how you deal with other people, and take things with a grain of salt. No need to spaz so easily and readily, expecially over cosplay pictures.

Goodluck anyway, and welcome to Real Life, where one little thing can mean something entirely different depending on who you're talking to.

Zorafim
Dec 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
I replied back with, "So just because someone pleads the fifth, you're automatically going to say they are the murderer. Gee..that shows how much you value my opinion, huh..?".

Here's where it went bad.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 9, 2007, 04:28 PM
At the risk of sounding ironic, learn some freaking tact. I know that most teenagers go through a phase (some never leave it) where they believe they should be able to be as bold and outspoken as they want and everyone should bow down around their words because "it's how I really feel," but the truth is the world just doesn't work that way. Observe your surroundings. Know who you're talking to and what you really want to get out of a conversation. Learn the value of a white lie for Christ's sake. I agree completely with the dude you were talking to, a half-hearted "I don't know" when someone asks how you like the thing they made is not all that discernible from a flat out "no."

A continuous fountain of unfiltered truth is not a substitute for developed people skills.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 9, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well, when I woke up a few hours ago, I realized some of the things I said may have been a bit harsh, however...I still feel irritated for someone trying to put words into my mouth. If someone gives me an opinion and says, "I don't know", then my reply will be, "*shrugs* Alright then" or something to that extent.

I'm not going to try and say, "No no..you mean it's BAD then", when that's not what the person said at all. It's like watching a movie, then someone asking you, "So, how was it?" and you say, "Well..really...I'm not quite sure", because it had some bad points, but it also had some good points, however..you're not sure which side weighs more.

I understand I should have elaborated it more, but..I can't really elaborate something I don't have an answer for to begin with. When I say, "I don't know", not only does that give the listener nothing to work with, but I don't even know how to work with it. I also don't like lying to people, so if I would've just said, "Oh, well..I think you might need to work on *insert issue here*", that wouldn't have settled well with me, cause I didn't know what to make of the pictures..and if I could point out something like that, then I wouldn't have to lie to begin with.

Well..I don't really think the answer, "I don't know" is something to just be taken as a, "no". If that were the case, then "I don't know" wouldn't exist to begin with. When you say, "I don't know", it means you're indecisive about something. You're not sure which side to lean towards.

Why should, "I don't know" just automatically be taken as a, "no" ? That's not really fair to the person saying it (in this case, myself). I was trying to get across to him that it was OKAY to be indecisive about things, it happens. I'm only human, after all.

Not everyone can just label something as, "Good" or "Evil". Some people are just indecisive about some things and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I know I'm starting to repeat myself here, but..I just really don't like being treated like an idiot. If I say, "I don't know", that doesn't mean the person I'm talking with should warp that into whatever answer he wants it to be.

It's like your girlfriend asks, "Hey honey, does this dress make me look fat?" and the guy says, "No, of course not", then she sighs and rushes off to go change again, because she took that as a "yes".

If he's not going to listen what my opinion is, then he shouldn't have asked me in the first place. Like I told him before..if I think it's bad, I will tell you it is. If I think it's good, I will tell you it is. I'm not the kind of person to spare someone's feelings from being hurt by lying to them. I'll tell them the truth regardless. That shows that you really care about the person's feelings, rather than trying to say something to just make them feel better, and lie to them.

Anyway, I usually like sorting things out, talking things over, etc. instead of storming off like I did, but it got to the point where I couldn't even inhale, then exhale and say, "Alright....let's just calm down..", cause he just kept saying one thing after another, upsetting me even more.

Now I realize it was a bit immature to storm off like that, but I really didn't want to make the situation worse, especially by saying something I really didn't mean, like, "Fuck you! I don't EVER want to talk to you again" or something of the sort, so..I left to go cool off, cause apparently..talking with him certainly wasn't helping my blood pressure.

Thanks a lot for your input guys, I'm not sure what will happen when I sign on later, but for the time being, I think we are both expecting the other to apologize for the things which were said. I guess I'll just play some PSU and wait till that time comes.

If you have anymore advice and whatnot, feel free to contribute some.

Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Darkly
Dec 9, 2007, 05:57 PM
It's just one of those things people do: friends, partners and practically everyone will interpret what you say differently, it just sounds like a small misunderstanding that needless escalated.

In this example i think you should remember 'I dont know' doesnt equal 'there was some good points and there was some bad points'.

Oh and when a girl says does this make me look fat etc. depending on the girl you compliment them or talk around the question, saying the look cute or whatever is better than saying no you dont look fat.

ABDUR101
Dec 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-12-09 14:57, Darkly wrote:
Oh and when a girl says does this make me look fat etc. depending on the girl you compliment them or talk around the question, saying the look cute or whatever is better than saying no you dont look fat.

Exactly, you put a positive spin on it, you say what you DID like to compliment. And you have to not so much worry about telling someone a lie, really, unless he looked fucking disgusting in those pics, you could have pointed out some positives and the conversation would have went an entirely different direction.

You can be positive and honest.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 10, 2007, 12:08 AM
Well, I don't really have a problem being positive or honest with someone, but..in the pictures they had some good points and bad points. I couldn't just simply label them as "good" or "bad".

I was being honest with him though. I honestly didn't know how to judge them. Is it really that weird to not know which side to lean towards and be indecisive about something?

I mean, it's like someone asking you, "What do you want to do today?", then you reply back with, "Well, we could go see a movie or go to the arcade", and your friend replies back with, "Well..which do you want to do more", then you reply back with, "I don't know" because you're not sure which one you lean more towards, therefore you are left indecisive.

I know that's a bit of a passive type attitude, having people shape your answers into something, since you aren't really giving them anything to work with, so if you don't give that person an answer, then they will just decide, "Alright, let's go to the arcade then", and you say, "Uhhh..okay" as if you should be the one making the decision, but you're just not sure which choice you want to go with.

I guess I'm just not a very good person to ask opinions from, since I am passive in most situations. For example..if my friend asks me where I want to get food at, then I say, "Well..Arbys sounds pretty good, but then again..so does Dairy Queen", he's going to ask me, "Well, which one do you want more?", I'm going to just shrug and say, "I don't know", then he'll end up deciding for me, because he knows I'll be fine with either.

I don't mind someone doing something like that, HOWEVER..one thing I don't like someone doing is changing my answer into something else. If someone disregards what I say even after asking me for an opinion, that's irritating to me.

Why the hell would you bother asking for someone's opinion if you were just going to change their answer and act as if THEY said that, when in fact..they didn't and you just made it up.

It's a different thing entirely to ask someone for an opinion, then you say, "I don't knoooow..I don't really like it", and push it aside, then still make your own decision, but to just CHANGE someone's opinion and make it seem like they said something they didn't is offensive, I believe.

I follow a very simple principle of, "Treat others how you would like to be treated", so when I ask someone for an opinion and they say something like, "I think you're pretty good at DDR", I don't just twist their words around and say, "Oh, so you're saying I suck. Is that it?". I take that person's words for what they mean. I don't twist other peoples' opinions, so I don't want mine twisted either.

Raine_Loire
Dec 10, 2007, 07:50 AM
Well, tbh, I think if you REALLY looked inward you'd see that he was right and you didn't like it.

The reason being- he didn't ask you a question of preference such as "which of these do you think is better"

He didn't ask you something that requires thought and research like "How do you feel about the election"

He sent a picture of him in a costume and asked if you thought it was good. Now since you say you knew the character he was dressed as, and what I have gathered about cosplaying is that good= looks recognizable as a character, without looking like a total fool. (Maybe there are some who don't care about the fool thing and just care about the authenticity as well, IDK).

Therefore the question should have entailed taking a quick look at the picture, seeing if you recognized the costume and how well it was made, and answering. It wasn't asking for any knowledge that you would need outside of that. So honestly, I don't know was a negative answer. And obviously he took it as "I don't know how to tell you how lame I think you are now" or something like that.

If I send my best friend a picture of my son and say "So, is he cute or what?" and she answers "I don't know... It could go either way... my kid may have turned out better." Well, I'm going to be offended.

And when he pressed you, insisting that you didn't like it because of your answer, did it occur to you that it may have been important to him to get your approval and maybe he may have been really hurt by your noncommittal response? So then he hurts you back and you just keep going...

It's sad how when people aren't face to face (IMs, chat rooms, forums) they seem to forget that it's another human that they are talking to, and they say things that they would never say to someone's face- especially if they had to see the hurt that they caused on the other person's face...

ABDUR101
Dec 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
Well put Raine, just being 'on the fence' can be offensive. You can't compare this to 'I don't know where I want to eat" or anything like that. This was a question partaining to his person. Put yourself in his shoes, you sent him a picture and asked "How do I look?" and his answer was merely "I don't know". Let me run it down for you; if you give a negative answer, or a "fence" answer, it's going to be taken the wrong way. The fact that you could'nt take afew seconds to just say "Hey, you look decent/quite alright", anything to just be positive, it's going to come across as you don't like it and are just holding back to not hurt their feelings. Which in the end, you do, because if the picture wasn't good enough to warrant even a miniscule compliment, that you had to give an "I don't know", then you sound like you're biting your tongue.

People read between the lines, so unless you give a clear cut "It's nice/not bad/something positive" or a "Well it doesn't look too bad/I like the effort you put into it", you're going to come across another way. You can't really complain about him changing your opinion, because you did'nt even give one; and thats why he took it the wrong way.

You need to kick that 'passiveness' to the side, because that will piss alot of people off in life. If a co-worker, friend or associate asks for your opinion and all you can give is "I don't know", you're just going to cause problems. As I said, at the very least, put a positive spin on what you say. And if it is bad, you should'nt just outright bludgeon the person, you need to learn how to say things and give good criticism, say it in a way so it doesn't come across as you trashing them or what they did, but offering input and complimenting what they did do.

"I like how you did this and this, and what you did there was really nice, but did you think of trying -this or this-?"

omegapirate2k
Dec 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
Ok, so this guy dresses as Bridget and he's calling you an idiot?

k.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 10, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-12-10 04:50, Raine_Loire wrote:
Well, tbh, I think if you REALLY looked inward you'd see that he was right and you didn't like it.

The reason being- he didn't ask you a question of preference such as "which of these do you think is better"

He didn't ask you something that requires thought and research like "How do you feel about the election"

He sent a picture of him in a costume and asked if you thought it was good. Now since you say you knew the character he was dressed as, and what I have gathered about cosplaying is that good= looks recognizable as a character, without looking like a total fool. (Maybe there are some who don't care about the fool thing and just care about the authenticity as well, IDK).

Therefore the question should have entailed taking a quick look at the picture, seeing if you recognized the costume and how well it was made, and answering. It wasn't asking for any knowledge that you would need outside of that. So honestly, I don't know was a negative answer. And obviously he took it as "I don't know how to tell you how lame I think you are now" or something like that.

If I send my best friend a picture of my son and say "So, is he cute or what?" and she answers "I don't know... It could go either way... my kid may have turned out better." Well, I'm going to be offended.

And when he pressed you, insisting that you didn't like it because of your answer, did it occur to you that it may have been important to him to get your approval and maybe he may have been really hurt by your noncommittal response? So then he hurts you back and you just keep going...

It's sad how when people aren't face to face (IMs, chat rooms, forums) they seem to forget that it's another human that they are talking to, and they say things that they would never say to someone's face- especially if they had to see the hurt that they caused on the other person's face...

Actually, I do say stuff like that to peoples' faces, but not EVERYONE gives me crap about it like he did. How claimed that my friends understand me more since they are around me more, but what about the random people I meet through PSU or that I talk with over AIM that I met with on this forum? I give them the same kind of answer and they don't start throwing a hissy-fit.

I didn't realize being indecisive about something was such a complex concept to understand for some. I don't treat people differently online than I would face-to-face. Even the people I talk with personally, I just talk how I normally would.

If I give someone an "I don't know" type answer face-to-face, is that person supposed to think I'm being negative and blow up in my face, then start treating me like a kid? No. That is what's wrong.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with giving someone an indecisive answer. If that person takes, "I don't know" to mean "You suck", that's really not my problem. If "I don't know" meant something negative, then I wouldn't ever have to give "no" as an answer. I'd just say, "I don't know" every time I wanted to give them a negative response.

We have three answers:

Good - The person believes it is good
Bad - The person believes it is bad
I don't know - The person is in between and not sure which one to pick

Like I said before..I didn't just say, "I don't know" because it was just FULLY bad. It just had some bad points, but it was also good.

On 2007-12-10 08:12, ABDUR101 wrote:
Well put Raine, just being 'on the fence' can be offensive. You can't compare this to 'I don't know where I want to eat" or anything like that. This was a question partaining to his person. Put yourself in his shoes, you sent him a picture and asked "How do I look?" and his answer was merely "I don't know". Let me run it down for you; if you give a negative answer, or a "fence" answer, it's going to be taken the wrong way. The fact that you could'nt take afew seconds to just say "Hey, you look decent/quite alright", anything to just be positive, it's going to come across as you don't like it and are just holding back to not hurt their feelings. Which in the end, you do, because if the picture wasn't good enough to warrant even a miniscule compliment, that you had to give an "I don't know", then you sound like you're biting your tongue.

People read between the lines, so unless you give a clear cut "It's nice/not bad/something positive" or a "Well it doesn't look too bad/I like the effort you put into it", you're going to come across another way. You can't really complain about him changing your opinion, because you did'nt even give one; and thats why he took it the wrong way.

You need to kick that 'passiveness' to the side, because that will piss alot of people off in life. If a co-worker, friend or associate asks for your opinion and all you can give is "I don't know", you're just going to cause problems. As I said, at the very least, put a positive spin on what you say. And if it is bad, you should'nt just outright bludgeon the person, you need to learn how to say things and give good criticism, say it in a way so it doesn't come across as you trashing them or what they did, but offering input and complimenting what they did do.

"I like how you did this and this, and what you did there was really nice, but did you think of trying -this or this-?"

I see what you're saying. I could mix in some positive, but still point out the bad points, but approach it in a positive manner, despite looking at the bad points, change them into suggestions instead of insults.

I suppose that would have been the better approach to the situation, but I still don't believe he should've kept pushing me like he did, just because I gave him an, "I don't know" for an answer. I don't know of ANYBODY who has ever jumped down my throat for something like that.

Well, if anything..I suppose I'll use this experience as something to learn from.

The lesson I learned here is:

People get pissed off at others being indecisive

Darkly
Dec 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
He really did start off the pointless arguement, but I don't know sounds different to - theres some good and bad points.

I almost feel like i don't know is an excuse, a way out of answering something, but looking at the situation again, you didn't mean - 'i don't know' - moreover you meant that you were on the fence right?

I don't know is one of those annoying common phrases like 'nice' - it tends to not mean anything, again you may have wanted him to realise your opinion was split, but i feel like maybe he wasn't convinced he liked it and when you said i don't know it pushed him a little, he could have felt embarassed or whatever and decided to critisize your answer because of it.

Additionally, a cold fact of life is that people do get annoyed about indecisiveness - seen as chilidish almost.

omegapirate2k
Dec 11, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-12-10 13:57, Kikumaru wrote:
People get pissed off at others being indecisive

If that's true, then my dad must be REALLY pissed at me.

Raine_Loire
Dec 11, 2007, 02:13 AM
Just for future reference, the title should be "is my logic skewed" because skewered means run through the middle with a big stick or something.

To me it sounds like you like to make a lot of excuses to not commit to one way or another, and you just can't do that in life. You just end up hurting yourself.

I hate to say it, but I think he hit it right on by calling you immature- you sound immature in your staunch defense of your behaviors. Refusing to admit when you are wrong or even look at what you did from someone else's viewpoint is very immature. And you're wrong when you claim your nature is to be passive. If you were passive you would have just said after he was bothering you about giving a definite answer that he looked good. Instead you decided to stick to being noncommital, which in itself takes a certain kind of stubbornness. Then when you post here about it, and people agree with him and see that your answer COULD have been taken negatively, you don't say "you're right, I was wrong" or even "ok" and leave it like a passive person would, you just stick to your guns and insist you were right- like a dog with a bone.

Ugh, people who want to walk the middle and always feel like the victims piss me off. Oh, and by the way, if your friend asks if they look good in an outfit and you tell them "I don't know" and they DON'T get upset- it's probably because they didn't really give a crap what your opinion was in the first place. Anyone who really cared about your opinion would get frustrated and upset. And if you always behave in a way that gets people who care about you angry with you, you're going to notice a sharp decline in the number of people who care about you.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 11, 2007, 02:54 AM
No no..I had the title name right. With the way things were going, it did feel as if my logic may have had a stick stuck through it, since it was so messed up (supposedly). It was just a saying, not to be taken out of context.

Anyway, other than that..yeah, I may be stubborn, but I have thanked you all for your help and I even told everyone what I have learned from this. You're right. I stuck with my "guns" and whatnot, but just because I did so doesn't mean I didn't learn something from this.

When I have already realized that what I did was a little immature, I don't need someone rubbing it in my face to tell me once more. There wasn't any sense in doing that.

Well, putting all of that aside..I do believe this thread has served its purpose. I'll be requesting for a lock now.

Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mixfortune
Dec 11, 2007, 01:03 PM
Lock requested by topic creator.