PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)

zandra117
Dec 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
First of all I want to say that this is a concept that I am submitting to Sega.

There is no monthly fee.

It works like this. when you start the game the main menu has the selection "Play Online" then after connecting to live you are taken to a character select/create screen. after selecting your character you are given a selection to go to a party or lobby.

If you select party you will be asked to join or create a party. If you select join you will be presented with a party list (just like in PSO except parties that cannot be joined are not listed). If you select create you can host your own party, instead of putting a password on your game you can set it as open, friends only, or invite only.

If you select go to a lobby you will be asked to create or join a lobby. If you join a lobby you will be presented with a lobby list (lobbies can hold up to 12 players and are simply big chat rooms, full lobbies are still listed.) If you create a lobby you name it and select the lobby type. Inside a lobby the counter displays the game list and the teleporter displays the lobby list. If the host leaves the lobby someone else left in the lobby is assigned as the new host. If a lobby ever becomes empty it dissapears.

There is no guild card list, you use the gamertag list instead. You can join someone by selecting join from their gamercard and it will automatically teleport you into their party or lobby if it is open.

Inside a party you can only walk around in the town untill someone starts a quest (only challenge mode quests are available unless the party host has a quest pack. Everyone in the party must have the same quest pack in order to play it.) Quest packs are individual quests downloadable from the marketplace for a price, they come bundled with item data for items that can drop in the quest. The basic game only has challenge mode, download quest packs to get more.

If someone is using items obtained from another quest pack, members that don't have that quest pack will see default item skins ex. a flowens sword will look like a normal saber with a white photon glow and sword animations to a person without a quest pack where flowen's sword can be obtained. These items can be traded to people without the quest pack but they will be unable to equip them unless they get the quest pack.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/saiffPSO/Ep1_2/zomgs/snapshot_021005_143042.png

Visual item incompatability is not a problem for challenge mode quests because in C-Mode everyone has preset items, equipment, and stats.

In short it's a challenge mode only version of PSO that is client side and can become more like normal PSO games by downloading quest packs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-12-09 18:36 ]</font>

Saphion
Dec 10, 2007, 03:02 AM
It's an intelligent and logical idea, therefore you can guarantee SEGA won't use it.

Rational thinking just hasn't been SEGA's way lately.

kizu
Dec 10, 2007, 02:21 PM
sounds like a great idea, but the chances of SEGA doing this is around 1%. Shame they won't revive PSO in some way on the 360 servers.

Syanaide
Dec 11, 2007, 04:52 AM
Really guys, let's just drop the Wii/360 PSO revival. It's not profitable for Sega, they won't do it, that's all that needs to be said basically. I hate to be a naysayer, and I'd really like if it did happen, but in all seriousness, it won't. Thems that facts.

HedKandi
Dec 11, 2007, 06:37 AM
Neat idea but it won't happen. I would be happy just to have PSO working on my 360 as is, i'd even love it to be online but i don't care anymore, i love the game so much i can play it offline, no probs. I just want it to work on the 360, that's all.

UnholyBlood
Dec 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
I have some contact with sega maybe you could tell me how to goes? And do you know what a GDD is?

--Tsunami--
Dec 20, 2007, 12:43 PM
nice concept but i dont think that SEGA will NOT use common sense , like Saphion said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: --Tsunami-- on 2007-12-20 09:43 ]</font>

Lyxar
Jan 11, 2008, 09:23 PM
thats a great idea but what about offline people would like to play with their family also sega probably wont take it

TwilightSea
Jan 12, 2008, 08:30 AM
I like the idea but Sega cannot use it for legal reasons. I'd love to see PSO get revived but the PSO-era is over now. I hate admitting it but it's true. Let's hope PSU can last longer than PSO can.

M-Dew
Jan 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
sounds like a good idea

D1ABOLIK
Jan 24, 2008, 04:24 PM
As much as i love and play PSU. Its still just a second rate, cheap consellation prize. PSO FTW. I do like the idea. But i do not download off of XBL. Their DRM is horrible and they will never fix it. The only way i would ever play PSOX on my 360 is if they made the disc BC.