PDA

View Full Version : Vick sentenced to 23 months O_O

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 07:05 PM
Well he was finally officially sentenced today,and unfortunatly recieved a much harsher sentenced then he deserves.I'll be the first to tell you that i am a animal lover, however in this particular case it just leaves you with the feeling that the feds & others wanted to place the poster shild stamp of animal abuse on MV.

Like i sais i in noway agree with what he did however, preventing a someone from making a living for 5 years is a little out of hand considering,that it was only animals .

23 Months imprisonment 36 months of probation and all signs point toward the NFL tacking on an additional 24 months to his league suspension.

The punishment just exceeds the crime imo.

Shadowpawn
Dec 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
What you're estimating is closer to 7 years (just shy of seven by a month.) I think the sentence is just fine, any less and people would say he's getting it easy because he's a NFL player. He knew what he was doing was wrong but he did it anyway, I don't feel sorry for him.

Ketchup345
Dec 10, 2007, 08:02 PM
Not long enough in my mind.
In my mind, the (federal) sentencing guidelines aren't long enough. Sure he should get some time off for cooperating, but less than 2 years? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

But then he is still up for state charges for up to 30 years (6 charges, up to 5 years each; according to Wikipedia).

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 08:12 PM
Yea but overall i find it pretty hard to justify, being dealt a larger sentence then his ex codefendants when they did the exact same thing and actually killed more dogs then vick did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif qlso when you take his financial repentance into consideration what more can the guy do 1.3 million in dog home & shelter placment. And a large donation to not peta but that other animal rights organization it was like 600k to them also. Yes money isnt everything but compared to what he is getting those other guys did more damage and are getting off with half the punishment, justice is supposed to be handed down according to what you have done not according to who you are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Eihwaz
Dec 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-12-10 16:05, eXo wrote:
Well he was finally officially sentenced today,and unfortunatly recieved a much harsher sentenced then he deserves.I'll be the first to tell you that i am a animal lover, however in this particular case it just leaves you with the feeling that the feds & others wanted to place the poster shild stamp of animal abuse on MV.

Like i sais i in noway agree with what he did however, preventing a someone from making a living for 5 years is a little out of hand considering,that it was only animals .

23 Months imprisonment 36 months of probation and all signs point toward the NFL tacking on an additional 24 months to his league suspension.

The punishment just exceeds the crime imo.

Oh, please.

"It was only animals." Yes, you really do sound like an animal lover. Oh, it's okay for him to be involved in dog-fighting; they're just animals!

Only a total slime of a human being would go out and do something like what Vick did. I mean, he's a professional NFL football player. He probably makes millions of dollars a year. But, that's not enough for him, so he goes out and watches tortured dogs rip each other apart for his own sick amusement.

But aww, poor little Vick doesn't get to go play football for a while. What a damn shame. Never mind all those poor dogs that are ruined for the rest of their lives. Never mind that they will need specialized care for the rest of their lives.

It utterly sickens me. It also sickens me to see people like you defending him. Wise up!

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 09:09 PM
i understand your pain and yes im so much of an animal lover that i even cried on march 18,2007 when my long time pet Oscar named tiger finally passed away after owning him for 9 years and im a grown man so that says alot about my love for animals.

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 09:16 PM
No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, their are people who do way worst crimes then this such as child molestation,Drinking and driving resulting in the death of innocent people and much more yet they get thrown into a system or a rehab facility and continue their happy lives. If you take everything that MV has done into consideration like what he does in the lower income communities and the shealter and support foundations that he started up for hurricane Katrina vixtums after fema dropped the ball these are major things that people simply discarded because everyone likes to see the bad in people.

ABDUR101
Dec 10, 2007, 09:28 PM
Dogs that are trained for fighting, are immediately euthanised, they will never be able to be fostered out and tempered to be in society ever again. They are trained to be vicious, to the death, with other dogs and animals.

I don't much care what his co-defendants got, the issue was that Vick was the one allowing all of this to happen, and most likely took part in it himself as a means to sit back 'with the boys' and have fun and gamble. He facilitated it, he should get the larger punishment.

And who cares if he won't be playing football for a while? Gee, maybe he should have thought of the laws he was breaking, and the suffering he was instilling on the animals. 23 months is a fucking joke if you ask me, and I just read that he could get out in three months on good behavior. Really, what the fuck is "good behavior" in prison? You goto lockdown for lights-out, you do what they tell you to do, I don't think there should be exceptions for 'good behavior', you serve your full damn sentence and if you cause problems while you're in there, you get time added. You're supposed to be humiliated and brought down a peg in prison, you're supposed to sit and regret what you did, think about it deeply, and not enjoy it; so that when you get out you say "ok, fuck that, I need to do things right from now on".

I hope he gets more time for other charges, and I think it'd be a good start if he were kicked off his team since he was such a disgrace. Honestly, dog fighting.

Oh well anyway.

ABDUR101
Dec 10, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-12-10 18:16, eXo wrote:
No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, their are people who do way worst crimes then this such as child molestation,Drinking and driving resulting in the death of innocent people and much more yet they get thrown into a system or a rehab facility and continue their happy lives.

How do you expect to rehab someone from being a sick son of a bitch who facilitates dog fighting? It's not like he was jerking off during the dog fights(hopefully!), he was just being an idiot and turning a blind eye to it happening on his properties.

You don't get rehabilitated from being a douchebag.

If you take everything that MV has done into consideration like what he does in the lower income communities and the shealter and support foundations that he started up for hurricane Katrina vixtums after fema dropped the ball these are major things that people simply discarded because everyone likes to see the bad in people.

I don't much give a fuck how much good he's done, so what? Gee lets just turn a blind eye to animal cruelty and law breaking because he has done some good things.

*rolls eyes so far that they snap*

Sord
Dec 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-12-10 16:05, eXo wrote:

If the guy is any good at football, he should have plenty of enough money to cover himself for 5 years, even after giving as much as he did to pet shelters and what not. Unless any money he's ever made was somehow taken from him due to some terms in a his contract, he'll have plenty of money to live a decent life for 5-7 years (well, when not in jail anyways.)

I feel no sympathy for the guy, regardless if his punishment is disproportianite to the others. He already had far more than them I sure, and far less reason to go about doing dog fights in the first place. That's not to say just because you have less is a reason to go about crime, because that sure as hell isn't true. In the end, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 10:01 PM
I understand where you guys are coming from, but what i dont understand is how everyone turns a blind eye to a few of the facts that i laid on the table like.
Repeat pettyfile's who do way worst then killing dogs's atleast in my opinion, because they molest innocent children yet they get a lesser sentence then what, Micheal Vick was given. Can anyone actually sit up and say that the killing of 100 dogs is worst then molestation of one innocent child, if you can then Micheal Vick is not the only one with a personal problem. and im not trying to flame thats simply the reality of the situation.

Shadowpawn
Dec 10, 2007, 10:12 PM
I sure pedophiles get longer sentences than 23 months. And besides, that's not the point. The point is that Vick knew what he was doing was wrong, and still did it. It does matter what he did in the past that was good and what his co-defendants did.

What matters is what HE did. Now however you feel about him getting the blunt of the stick because his defendants got shorter sentences then that's how you feel and no one here can change that. However, if what Abdur said was correct and he can (and most likely will) get off in three months for good behavior then in reality it is his co-defendants that are getting the shaft in all this.

As for his career, all I have to say is what punishment the NFL may inflict upon him during his return the shadow of this incident will haunt him for the rest of this professional life. That is more damaging than any punishment he will ever receive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2007-12-10 19:54 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 10, 2007, 10:14 PM
No, the reality of the situation is..you can't compare this crime to that of a pedophile. A crime is a crime. It doesn't matter how many good deeds you did in the past, if someone is given any sort of leeway at all for their crime due to fame or fortune, then it's not fair.

I think the bastard deserves more time if anything. It's like they are giving him some rope already and if he has "good behavior" in jail, then they will let him climb the rope a little more, till finally..he'll be out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was out by two months because of his connections that he has outside of jail and all the money he makes.

It's sad, really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

InfinityXXX
Dec 10, 2007, 10:21 PM
EDIT: After thinking it over.....I think this fool needs to get his ass locked up and sent to mental health facility lol. I have no sympathy for his crazy ass........(I jsut thoguht about the crazy stuff he did...rape machines....torutre....ughhh)

I f he'll do that to dogs (puppies and old) what makes you think he wouldn't do it to a human?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2007-12-10 19:32 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Dec 10, 2007, 10:25 PM
I read about the three months with good behavior just this morning in a news article, it was on the yahoo frontpage.

And why would you even compare this to a pedophile case? You can't compare one incident to another, let alone one kind of crime to another. Different circumstances, different motives, right down to the judge, county and state. I wasn't ignoring your comparison to pedophilia, I merely found it weird that you'd try and make it sound like he was getting the shaft for what he did.

And was it really 100 dogs? I was thinking maybe a dozen or so at most, but if it's 100, wow, fuck him, fry that peice of shit.

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-12-10 19:12, Shadowpawn wrote:
I sure pedophiles get longer sentences than 23 months.

No they do not after watching multiple court tv, and to catch a predator cases multiple time pedophiles only get like 18-23 months.and to register as a sex offender.
And yea thats including one guy who was already registered showing up at this fake 13 yr olds house so yea .... it's pretty much the same thing except one is going to live for well over 50 years hopfully while the other lives for around 15 tops i think. not to mention that will be 50 years of being a screw job =(

InfinityXXX
Dec 10, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-12-10 19:25, ABDUR101 wrote:

And was it really 100 dogs? I was thinking maybe a dozen or so at most, but if it's 100, wow, fuck him, fry that peice of shit.

Yea, it was around 100 (probably more they aint discovered yet)

This dude was sick in the head. He had rape machines to help breed the dogs. He would elecctricute losing dogs and use other forms of torture. Most of the dog killings he didn't actually play a part in but he had people under him that did (these people sold him out hoever)

You don't watch Nancy Grace Abdur lol?

But thinking on that......lemme edit my damn post....this fool was crazy as hell!!!!!!!!He needs jail and he need to be put up in an insane asylum or something lol. Lock the dman key on his ass

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-12-10 19:14, Kikumaru wrote:
No, the reality of the situation is..you can't compare this crime to that of a pedophile. A crime is a crime. It doesn't matter how many good deeds you did in the past, if someone is given any sort of leeway at all for their crime due to fame or fortune, then it's not fair.

Exactly you cant go all pissy and compare a human being to that of an animal either regardless of how much you care for them, And how unjust is that you cant recieve any special leeway due to fame or fortune, but simply because of your fame and fortune you can recieve a larger disciplinary action /shrug yea yea are goverment dictates us into nothing more then a hypocritical society.

McLaughlin
Dec 10, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-12-10 18:28, ABDUR101 wrote:
23 months is a fucking joke if you ask me

I completely agree. I'm hoping for some prison guards to just turn their backs for a few minutes. See how well he fares.

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 10:51 PM
Well im done with it anyway it's basicly water under the bridge i was just wondering how everyone else felt about this. And on a brighter note ABDUR101 are you still active in WOW? oh nevermind youre alliance i was going to say reroll horde on sargeras and pwnface with me lol.

Shadowpawn
Dec 10, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-12-10 19:30, eXo wrote:

On 2007-12-10 19:12, Shadowpawn wrote:
I sure pedophiles get longer sentences than 23 months.

No they do not after watching multiple court tv, and to catch a predator cases multiple time pedophiles only get like 18-23 months.and to register as a sex offender.
And yea thats including one guy who was already registered showing up at this fake 13 yr olds house so yea .... it's pretty much the same thing except one is going to live for well over 50 years hopfully while the other lives for around 15 tops i think. not to mention that will be 50 years of being a screw job =(

That's just tv, it varies depending on the state and degree of the rape. Read this:(Note this written in 2003 but for the most part the point this stands.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm

And please don't EVER use court tv as a source of debating material again.

ABDUR101
Dec 10, 2007, 11:54 PM
Whaa? Why would you use Court TV as a basis for any kind of sentencing? Sheesh.

And wow, I hadn't even heard of all this torture crap with the dogs, all I knew was about the dog fighting itself on his properties. This is so far out there it's sick. This guy had all of this pre-meditated and worked down to a friggen system, he does deserve more than what he got.

Exactly you cant go all pissy and compare a human being to that of an animal either regardless of how much you care for them

Nothing like ignoring the fact that animals feel pain and emotional distress to make it seem all a-ok huh?

And how unjust is that you cant recieve any special leeway due to fame or fortune, but simply because of your fame and fortune you can recieve a larger disciplinary action /shrug yea yea are goverment dictates us into nothing more then a hypocritical society.

Why the hell would you want fame and fortune to allow someone to have more leeway than they already have in society? The rich and famous are usually swatted on the wrist, hello, Paris Hilton and all the other Hollywood whorettes who drink/drive and have drug problems getting out of jail early, while if it were anyone else they'd be thrown in and forgotten about.

It goes either way, they either get a swat on the wrist, or they get the book thrown at them.
(I don't even play WoW anymore, thats why my character has been the same level for months)

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
I think this has pretty much been covered, but..I'd just like to add in some things about this as well. So, just because it was an animal, he should be given a lesser charge, since it wasn't a human?

As ABDUR has already stated, and I quote:

On 2007-12-10 20:54, ABDUR101 wrote:

Nothing like ignoring the fact that animals feel pain and emotional distress to make it seem all a-ok huh?

Animals can feel pain and emotional distress as well as a human can. You can't simply just brush this matter aside and say, "Oh, well..they were just dogs. Now if this was a HUMAN, then we'd need to take harsher actions for his crime *nod nod*".

Also, yeah..please don't use television as your source of material http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not going to say any names (for obvious reasons), but one of my friends..her father was a pedophile and he was charged 20 years after the crime and guess what..he got more than 23 months going all the way from emotional distress to psychological trauma, and much more.

So, just because you don't see it on Court TV or whatever doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Shadowpawn
Dec 11, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-12-10 20:54, ABDUR101 wrote:
Whaa? Why would you use Court TV as a basis for any kind of sentencing? Sheesh.

Hey. Don't get uppity with me...I know where you live. ;(

eXo
Dec 11, 2007, 01:17 AM
[/quote]

And please don't EVER use court tv as a source of debating material again.

[/quote]

If i feel that it is reference material to what i am discussing then i will, for example court T.V would most likly be a good reference for debating a legal issue about barry Bonds or O.J simpson etc.because they generally have more accurate information much like CNn has better info for shootings etc.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 11, 2007, 02:00 AM
He must be a little behind the times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Who actually believes the news or "non-fiction" type television shows where they represent what happens to these people in real life? We all know those stories aren't 100% true. It's television. Whether it be Court TV, Cops, CNN, etc. it's not exactly something you would want to have backing up your statement.

Granted..some stories and such probably are true, but come on...it's not exactly something you want to fall back on to back up your statements with. How many people do you think would honestly believe you if you said, "But I heard it on TV!" ?

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

EDIT: spellcheck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-10 23:02 ]</font>

Kent
Dec 11, 2007, 07:38 AM
I, personally, think that he should get a much longer sentence.

...And then extend that based on the fact that he was a "professional" athlete... Don't kids still sadly look up to those people, too?

Regardless, I think a permanent ban from the NFL is in order - being an athlete, he was getting paid too much already... He could afford to sell some of his stuff, then live on flipping burgers for the rest of his life. I can't see him being allowed any more productive of a role in society, anyway.

SabZero
Dec 11, 2007, 08:30 AM
On the debate whether humans and animals are more or less Ok to torture.

Imagine what a person is able to do if they have no compassion towards animals. I tend to think they probably wouldn't have much problems hurting a fellow human.

Like my mother used to say, people who hurt animals for no reason have no soul.

/opinion

Dangerous55
Dec 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
Making a living? If I played one game and got the check he does for one game I could live off that for awhile. So be it if he loses all his stuff. I don't feel bad for him at all.

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 01:15 PM
So the Falcons lose Vick, big deal. You know Petrino wants Brian Brohm anyway.

eXo
Dec 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-12-11 10:15, Typheros wrote:

who? never heard of him ..

eXo
Dec 11, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-12-11 07:54, Dangerous55 wrote:
Making a living? If I played one game and got the check he does for one game I could live off that for awhile. So be it if he loses all his stuff. I don't feel bad for him at all.

So far totals lost 141,876,775 thats alot of money.

ABDUR101
Dec 11, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-12-11 10:27, eXo wrote:
So far totals lost 141,876,775 thats alot of money.

Is that the official sum that he's had to pay out because of his law-breaking, or are you adding in the stuff he did as charity before all of this?

I don't really feel bad for any monetary values he has to pay up for the crime, as a rich/famous person in society I think he should have to give a good chunk of it up; ontop of the time in prison.

Easy come, easy go.

Aswell, $141mil is alot to everyday people, but to him it's prolly not really given a second thought at just how much it is. $141mil would allow me to help alot of people with financial situations, secure their futures, etc. But when you're making millions like it's chump change, you lose sight of just how much money it really is.

Again, oh well. Losing his career and money are no comparison to what he had orchestrated to all of those dogs. I hope his fans, the NFL and his family are disgusted by his actions; I think it would do him good to go back to being a nobody and having to get through life as an average-joe, hard dose of reality for the consequences he brought on himself.

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-12-11 10:25, eXo wrote:

Senior QB out of Louisville, where Petrino used to coach. Only awesome player on our team this year.

Eihwaz
Dec 11, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have a sudden overwhelming urge to high-five Abdur, as well as most people in this thread.

I had to admit, I was somewhat curious as to why Vick was getting sentenced to more time if, as eXo said, he hadn't done as much harm as the other defendants. Given that he facilitated the whole mess, and given that it involved something like a hundred dogs, fuck Vick. Seriously.

My respect for him has only decreased further, something I didn't believe possible.

If you do something bad, going to jail/prison is just taking your freedom. All the other side-effects (not being able to do your job, etc) are part of that. As I've said before, I have no sympathy whatsoever for that slime.

eXo
Dec 12, 2007, 09:37 PM
On 2007-12-11 10:40, Typheros wrote:

Senior QB out of Louisville, where Petrino used to coach. Only awesome player on our team this year.

Maybe patrino will take him to arkansas, also since he has resigned after 13 games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

eXo
Dec 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
The dollar amount that i posted was given on nfl 1st take from espn.

eXo
Dec 12, 2007, 09:42 PM
Also i have had a change of heart overnight they should lock vick in his cell, with serveral angry & horny men for 48 hours and then once he is used and abused soak him in water , hang him then elecute him. then call it even but oh yea dont burie him until after he completes his 23 month sentence.

CelestialBlade
Dec 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-12-12 18:37, eXo wrote:

On 2007-12-11 10:40, Typheros wrote:

Maybe patrino will take him to arkansas, also since he has resigned after 13 games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Well, now maybe Brohm is free to go to a good program. Can't say I'm too suprised about Petrino, after all the times he tried to leave Louisville....dude was 41-9 and wanted to leave. Traitor.

Split
Dec 13, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-12-12 18:42, eXo wrote:
Also i have had a change of heart overnight they should lock vick in his cell, with serveral angry & horny men for 48 hours and then once he is used and abused soak him in water , hang him then elecute him. then call it even but oh yea dont burie him until after he completes his 23 month sentence.

:eek: