PDA

View Full Version : Alvin & The Chipmunks Movie will you watch it?

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 08:16 PM
Im just curious to see if anyone would give this film a fair chance, growing up i was a supporter of the cartoon.However im currently alittle embarrassed to admit that i'll probaly kidnap my nephew, to use as an excuse to go see this movie

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2007, 08:18 PM
Hell yeah!

NPCMook
Dec 10, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I'll probably watch it... at least I'll get paid for watching it

Chuck_Norris
Dec 10, 2007, 08:48 PM
Why the hell did they bring these guys back? They must be the most annoying characters to ever be put in a movie.

Sord
Dec 10, 2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, I will be going, I guarantee you. I grew up on chipmunks, and watched the old 80s movie not to long ago. Shortly there after I found out that they were making this movie. Everyone in my family wants to see it, so yeah, we're going.

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 09:07 PM
Woot cool i was wondering if their was something wrong with me hahaha

InfinityXXX
Dec 10, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry, but theres no way in hell i can sit up in a theatre with dem damn high pitched voices. I've seen the commercial for it...is it me or are their voices even higher than before?

I think its nice they're bringing it back...but its just not for me

Retehi
Dec 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
Hell no.

eXo
Dec 10, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-12-10 19:28, Retehi wrote:
Hell no.

=(

VioletSkye
Dec 11, 2007, 12:18 AM
I'm sure I'll take the kid to go see it. My wife likes the Chipmunks too so that pretty much seals the deal lol.

Sinue_v2
Dec 11, 2007, 12:32 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPO/505592~Alvin-and-the-Chipmunks-Posters.jpg

I saw the above poster and wrote the movie off as a lost cause. Are they still ghetto-fied? If so, the only way to get me to watch that film would be if Dave fed them to his new pet python at the end of the movie. Better yet, Dave should feed them to the python at the beginning of the movie and then go out to Vegas and get some hookers. Take John Arbuckle with him. Get drugged out and crazy Hunter Thompson style. They need it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-12-10 22:18 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Dec 11, 2007, 12:33 AM
i will not go on my own will. will i see it i hope not.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 11, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-12-10 21:32, Sinue_v2 wrote:
the only way to get me to watch that film would be if Dave fed them to his new pet python at the end of the movie.

Oh god. I'd go see it 50 times over if i could see that at the end. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2007-12-10 21:35 ]</font>

sprky585
Dec 11, 2007, 12:45 AM
No.

Shadowpawn
Dec 11, 2007, 12:56 AM
Doesn't interest me.

eXo
Dec 11, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-12-10 21:18, VioletSkye wrote:
I'm sure I'll take the kid to go see it. My wife likes the Chipmunks too so that pretty much seals the deal lol.

owned lol

InfinityXXX
Dec 11, 2007, 02:32 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPO/505592~Alvin-and-the-Chipmunks-Posters.jpg

I saw the above poster and wrote the movie off as a lost cause. Are they still ghetto-fied? If so, the only way to get me to watch that film would be if Dave fed them to his new pet python at the end of the movie. Better yet, Dave should feed them to the python at the beginning of the movie and then go out to Vegas and get some hookers. Take John Arbuckle with him. Get drugged out and crazy Hunter Thompson style. They need it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-12-10 22:18 ]</font>

LMAO! HAHAHA, I had tears in my eyes after reading that lol

Sharkyland
Dec 11, 2007, 04:36 AM
I don't think I'll take the chance. I wasn't very too fond of them when I was growing up. Probably you guys should wait until it comes out on DVD, movie prices are getting expensive unless you watch it manitee, but even with my -cough- 6 year out of school ID, I don't get that much.

NPCMook
Dec 11, 2007, 06:28 PM
To be honest they aren't ghetto-fied at all, they've been pop cultured... so don't expect much of their original songs. Also one of my friends pointed something funny out to me, The trailer in theaters where Alvin is in the Dishwasher, he has no suds, now the same scene on TV has him somewhat covered in suds, this includes where is winger-doodle would be

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 07:05 PM
Oh God no. I wouldnt be caught dead watching that! I never really cared for the Cartoon either.

Kylie
Dec 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
I love kiddie movies, so I will if it gets good reviews (professionally and via friends).

Anduril
Dec 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm not going to see it in Theaters...I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD, and watch it. I've haven't stepped into a kids movie in theatres for year. I don't want to be that creepy guy who goes to watch a childrens movie... Though my sister might try to drag me to it... She's 4 years older than me and still acts like she's a teenager/10-year-old...

Spacepest
Dec 12, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-12-10 21:34, Chuck_Norris wrote:

the only way to get me to watch that film would be if Dave fed them to his new pet python at the end of the movie.

Oh god. I'd go see it 50 times over if i could see that at the end. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2007-12-10 21:35 ]</font>

OH, me too.

Dear Gawd, I hate the Chipmunks. I never liked them as a child, they annoyed the hell out of me then, and I don't see how that is going to change now that I'm older. And I'm certainly not paying $14+ for a movie ticket to see some ghettofied dressed singing rats.

Last year I cried tears of joy when my husband got me a CD of "remade" Xmas music...one of the songs on it was "Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire" (a spoof of the Xmas holiday song, "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire"), and you could hear the chipmunks squealing for mercy to Dave in the background as he seasoned and roasted them up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-12-12 11:55 ]</font>

Wyndham
Dec 12, 2007, 03:58 PM
the Simpsons parody "Melvin and the Squirrels" kicked more ass than any version of the real thing could.
"stuck a feather in his hat and called it RICE-A-RONI!" "MELVIN!!!"

Tita
Dec 17, 2007, 01:24 AM
they urbanized a property that was perfectly fine kiddy-fare AS WAS. I would have watched if they didn't fucking 3D Garfield-ized it.

*boycotts*

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2007, 02:25 PM
I'll pass they did a movie on Underdog and I wan't impressed so I'm going to skip this one as well.

lee-san
Dec 18, 2007, 11:51 PM
if i see that movie someone better bring 3 chipmunk sized body bags...

Monochrome
Dec 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'll wait for the unrated DVD release with the deleted scene where Theodore and Simon finally consumate the long standing love affair they began in the 80's. Then Alvin walks in and things get messy. ALVIN!!!!!!!

I dunno, I wouldn't pay for it unless a girl talked me into it.

Sord
Dec 24, 2007, 07:39 PM
Well, I went and saw it. It's actually fairly decent. It's no great spectacle or anything, but for somethnig that's a kid movie it's good. They have more of the older songs, the ones some people might have grown up with. It actually cast more of a bad light on the more modern day music. It's not "their sound," but just what the major record company wants them to sing. Yes, the major record company is the bad guy here, or at least a particular representitive. The movie supports music for the sake of music and not for some corporate moneymaker (even though, you know, THE MOVIE is is probably a corporate money maker.) It goes back to the origins of when they meet Dave, up to their christmas song that became famous, to modern day (though played out in what is probably a few short weeks rather than nearly 50 years of singing.) A lot of the songs they do sing are 70s 80s and 90s, not much modern at all, if any. Also, despite the "ghetto-fied" look on the cover, their sweaters are pretty much their normal attire from the old shows. They only wear the look on the movie poster for a brief few seconds during a photo-op for an album cover in the movie. Songs like Kung Foo Fighting, The Witchdoctor, what I think might be an original song based on 90s pop. Any modern day (after 90s I suppose) music sung is normally done in jest (when Alvin takes a shower in the dishwsher for example.) The high voices might take a minute to get used to, but after a bit you don't notice it.

Overall, it wound up being better than I expected it to be, considering I went for nonstalgia's sake.