PDA

View Full Version : debuffs

Darkly
Dec 10, 2007, 08:26 PM
Thinking about levelling these after i get around to levelling my buffs, I play a guntecher by the way.

So are they useful? not many people i see in random parties use them.

Can they debuff buffed enemies? does this bring them back to normal stats?

I'm guessing since not a lot of people use them they arn't very useful, is there any specific mobs that you would reccomend i use them on if its the case?

any help is appreciated.

Darkly
Dec 10, 2007, 08:48 PM
specifically why are they worthless?

It all comes down to numbers really, does debuffing enemies for the rest of the party so they increase their DPS less than me continuing to shoot?

SolRiver
Dec 10, 2007, 09:05 PM
In actuality, it depend heavily on your level in relation to the enemy. For obvious reasons.

Debuff shine in smaller party and average/low levels against high level enemies.

Currently the highest level player vs highest level monster, the monster stood no chance.

While for actual argument, you can say the pp usage in comparison to buff with debuff, the debuff burn pp alot faster for practically the same effect.

If every room have 3 large size monster with only 1 hit spot, you can expect alot of debuff praise. However, ST seem to have choose ALOT of small monsters in ALOT of rooms; hence debuff get over shadowed.

Even in map with many large monsters, the map are still filled with small monsters all over the place.

Against many small monsters = no need for buff nor debuff
Against many medium monsters = buff is all you need
Against many large monsters = buff and debuff are very welcomed

edit: one more thing, most forces are afraid to get hit by monsters in the close range with debuff. Gi tech can flinch monsters, debuff can not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-10 18:07 ]</font>

Darkly
Dec 10, 2007, 09:38 PM
As a GT i could maybe paralyze a couple enemies before i debuff, but its good to know where their place is thanks. I might powerlevel them to 11 and then just use them when they're needed.

Pandorasbox
Dec 10, 2007, 10:59 PM
Heh another debuffs topic. They have their uses just are limited. As mentioned soloing it kinda helps. Large monsters can be taged with them. They have a big radius even at early lvs. Like I mentioned previously in the other topic I think WT make debuffs work (frontline etc.)

Hrith
Dec 10, 2007, 11:21 PM
Debuffs are good on monsters with high DFP in small parties, only situation where it makes a difference, but it does.

SolRiver
Dec 10, 2007, 11:37 PM
I think I should mention one more thing.

The area where debuff is needed is in direct competition to traps. A protranser freeze ex trap is far superior in completely disabling large monsters in groups to allow easy kill. Debuff also need to go up against nanoblast and SUV summons, as those are things people saved up until they see big monsters in groups.

I guess debuff became a human/newman non-trap using class things. If a party has alot of beast or cast, you probably will find debuff quite not worth the time; you will most likely scramble to just tag the large monster, who is now kind of small in comparison to what beast and cast just went wild.

If you have neither SUV, nanoblast nor good traps in the party; debuff will be very welcomed.

Darkly
Dec 11, 2007, 01:44 AM
thanks for all the answers, so they won't be on my priorities but i should eventaully get round to levelling them.

drizzle
Dec 11, 2007, 02:12 AM
Even on large high DFP monsters with multiple hit points it's not worth it. It'll take 2 less attacks to kill it at best, and the debuff probably won't land on the first try either. It really doesn't matter if you're hitting for 1200 or for 1220.

Alisha
Dec 11, 2007, 02:56 AM
even though people say debuffs are useless i like to use the zodeel shotgun bullet and the zalure card bullet.

Sekani
Dec 11, 2007, 05:46 AM
No one's gonna turn down a debuffed monster, but with the enemy stamina nerf and the boosts to melee damage, I honestly can't think of any situations where they'd be genuinely helpful. Freeze, shock, silence, confuse, stun, and slicers are all much better options.

SolRiver
Dec 11, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-12-10 23:12, drizzle wrote:
Even on large high DFP monsters with multiple hit points it's not worth it. It'll take 2 less attacks to kill it at best, and the debuff probably won't land on the first try either. It really doesn't matter if you're hitting for 1200 or for 1220.

The only one that does that is zalure, which is the worst one of them all as monster defense practically have no change from C rank to SS rank. While most "defensive" monsters have damage reduction instead of boosted defense.

Jellen and Zoldeel on the other hand are much better, as higher level monster's ATP, ATA, EVP could make a much greater difference when debuffed 23% at lv31+ support tech.

Lolitecher
Dec 11, 2007, 09:30 PM
Strange how the game is lacking a debuff that is the counter opposite of Rentier that lowers MST and TP. It might have been the only debuff that offensive Force players might have cared about, since Zoldeel and Zalure are significantly less useful to a Force with the whole enemy physical defense and evasion being irrelevant when getting smacked by Technics thing.

The other problem with debuffs I find is how they radiate out from your character and require you to move in relatively close to get the most out of them. Given that aspect, any monster dangerous enough to be worth debuffing are also the type that Force players learn to generally stay away from to avoid subtle side effects including mild decapitation. If they had their range more similar to the Ra technics, they would be a lot easier to utilize from a safe distance.