PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox 360 is Now Replaced!

NNEONateDogg
Dec 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
Last Saturday morning I was searching for an Ank Dedda board on True Darkness S with my online friend for about an hour, which we didn't find. Then I had to go for a little while, so I told him that if he was still online when I got back that I would re-invite him to search some more.

I had to go for a couple of hours because I had to go shopping at Sam's Club for ingredients to make pepperoni rolls, 115 of them! I had to make them for a fund raiser, if you were wondering why I was making so many.

Afterwards, I went out to eat with my family at Cici's Pizza. After we were done eating, we were on our way back to my apartment. When I got home my aunt gave me Call of Duty 4 as an early Christmas gift. I was so excited to play it! But when I tried to turn on my Xbox 360, guess what? I got the dreaded "Red Ring of Death". Yeah that's right, three red lights were flashing before me. I was so furious!

So I called my friend and told him about it. It was so ironic because I was trying to convince him so much to buy Phantasy Star Universe and he gets it the same day my Xbox 360 broke. I was mad because I was going to help him out and teach him the basics.

After just getting a new video game and not being able to play it, I had to come over my friend's house the next day for a couple of hours to play the Phantasy Star Universe demo to get my NiGHTS figure, the full version to help my friend level up a bit, and Call of Duty 4.

So today I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX to order for a repair. I was relieved to hear that since Microsoft is having a lot of problems with the "Red Ring of Death", the repair is free as well as shipping and handling. The bad thing is that I have to wait a while. The representative told me that the box for me to put my Xbox 360 in to send to them will ship to me within 3-5 business days. For me to receive my Xbox 360 back it will take 1-2 weeks average or 3-4 weeks maximum.

This problem has happened to a few of my friends and all of them said that they received an entirely new Xbox 360 instead of getting their Xbox 360 repaired. So I wonder what will happen to me? Oh jeez, will I be going through withdrawals, especially without my Phantasy Star Universe, Halo 3, and Call of Duty 4!

Any comments or stories you would like to share?

EDIT: New topic name (old one was "My Xbox 360 is Broke!") and update in the form of a post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NNEONateDogg on 2008-01-09 19:49 ]</font>

tei
Dec 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck... =( But maybe if there's a rental place nearby you, you could just rent an xbox for awhile? At least on the weekends or for whcihever days you have the most free time to fill in, if you really want to play those games.

Sharkyland
Dec 11, 2007, 06:26 PM
I sent mine in for repair then somehow I get an xbox360 in the mail, but I could clearly tell it wasn't mine because the default settings were set to London (GMT)? Hopefully you'll get a refurbished one ASAP.

ABDUR101
Dec 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
I sent mine back but certainly did'nt get a new one. The disc drive on mine is giving out, and it audibly whirs. Despite having already sent it back, I know it's on it's last legs; only a matter of time before it bites the big one. Though it is the first-gen model, I imagine it's lasted fine all things considered.

Sucks about your situation; expecially because of CoD4, that game is fucking awesome. Hopefully you get it back in short order.

Zelutos
Dec 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
Mine broke just at the end of last December. I called January 1 and was told it would take a few days to get the box to send it away.

It is now one year later, and i have yet to receive that box...

I ended up buying a new one in February, and returned the old one in the box. So i got a new one in the end.

Darkly
Dec 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
my disk drive broke and once i got it back got 3 red lights 2 weeks later. It sucks but it happens to everyone, the biggest tradegy though is that you can't play CoD4, most rewarding multiplayer i've played in a while, along with being insanely fun!

McLaughlin
Dec 11, 2007, 10:36 PM
My launch console still works fine. Upgrading to an Elite this Christmas though, and giving the current one to my brother.

My controller is far worse off than my 360. >_>

Ryno
Dec 11, 2007, 10:48 PM
I've got the red ring.. but I turnned it off and thn back on and it works again.. it just freezes during psu as usual..

eXo
Dec 12, 2007, 03:27 AM
originally when my system went out i recuieved hell and gave uup hope, but now mine is currently being serviced MIA for about 3 weeks now

Broodstar1337
Dec 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-12-11 19:48, Ryno wrote:
I've got the red ring.. but I turnned it off and thn back on and it works again.. it just freezes during psu as usual..

Probably didn't get the red ring of death then.

Anywho, I just got the three red lights, the "Ring of Death", and I'm debating whether or not I should call Microsoft and let them fix it or give the Towel Trick a shot. Unless there are better alternatives...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broodstar1337 on 2007-12-13 08:15 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
The 'Towel Trick' is a one-shot pony. I know someone who tried it, and they basically had to leave their system on indefinitely after doing it, and really, would you want to have a fire hazard sitting right there?

Just send it back, best case scenario you get an entirely new 360.

Wyndham
Dec 13, 2007, 12:41 PM
I seem to be lucky. my 360 has never had a problem. ever.

SubstanceD
Dec 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I got the red rings of death in my 360 right before christmas as well. It was bad enough that it broke down at all but it couldn't have happened at a worse time of the year. I did not relise how much I played my 360 untill untill it broke down, now I'm going through some major withdrawl symptoms. Hope you get your 360 sorted out soon.

NNEONateDogg
Dec 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-12-14 13:18, SubstanceD wrote:
Yeah, I got the red rings of death in my 360 right before christmas as well. It was bad enough that it broke down at all but it couldn't have happened at a worse time of the year. I did not relise how much I played my 360 untill untill it broke down, now I'm going through some major withdrawl symptoms. Hope you get your 360 sorted out soon.

Yeah, it most definitely sucks. I'm pretty pissed off about it because I use my Xbox 360 all the time too and I'm on break starting today and I probably won't have it back until after break. I am also going through withdrawals. Hope you get yours sorted out as well!

Aviva
Dec 22, 2007, 07:09 PM
i got one almost the same time!

BUT it should be back on the 26th....it says....it better be!

NNEONateDogg
Jan 9, 2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry about not posting this when it happened. I happened to have my Xbox 360 replaced with a new one two days before my Christmas Break was over. I was so happy to see one morning I wake up and I see a new Xbox 360 in my room. I was happy as could be! Well now everything is back to normal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eXo
Jan 12, 2008, 01:34 AM
Mine should come back anyday now i hop once fedex updates the tracking status.

eXo
Jan 12, 2008, 01:38 AM
Mine is scheduled to return of the 16th, its currently in fortworth TX, 8(

Tigerram
Jan 15, 2008, 01:15 AM
This is the main reason I'm not purchasing an X-box system ever.

Not to mention, I'm on a streak of bad luck PS2...

I bought a slim silver PS2 last year, and a month after my warranty expires, I have bad DRE's. The voltage I'm sure was bad. I don't like taking the chance of fixing these things myself, so I call a local game store that fixes gaming units, which would have cost me $55 + tax.

I was like F- that, I'll just buy a new one. I had just enough in my bank account to buy one. After about 2 weeks, I'd say on any game I play, the PS2 decides to freeze http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

So, I have to call Sony and probably send this garbage to them to get fixed. Quality of game systems is a complete joke. Thanks for listening to my rant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eXo
Jan 18, 2008, 04:07 AM
Woot got mine back the other day actually sat it up today.... now only if i can remeber wtf i put my hhd.